Bagpipe Samples

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

CKresse
Common Wiggler

Bagpipe Samples

Post by CKresse » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:30 am

Hey guys, I am not sure if I posted it before but I play the bagpipes, actually looking back at 30 years doing so and ever since I got into modular systems wanted to create a sample library. Well, it's in the works. Here's a video of one sample loaded into the Qu-Bit Nebulae, modulated by Maths and audio processed through the Teenage Engineering OP1.

Feedback welcome! I am sure you can come up with some really cool noise stuff using guitar pedals etc.

Here's my FB page if you would like to connect:
https://www.facebook.com/acidbagpipeloops/?fref=ts

Cheers, CK

craigie77
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by craigie77 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Oh aye!....

If here was ever a pipe tune crying out to be sampled and mangled dude..... CABER FEIDH..

CKresse
Common Wiggler

Post by CKresse » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:05 pm

:nana:

Jouni
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Jouni » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:33 am

Some low-key droning bagpipe-samples would definetly be killer for so many types of music.
Started following in FB.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:11 am

Excellent. I have one LP and one CD of bagpipes that I loop on cd and sample from LP into Boss SP samplers or Casio SK-1's and process. Last time around with Red Panda Particle, Instant Lo Fi Junky and a Polymoog Resonant Filter clone to remove some harsh.

I have a plastic toy Accordion that I sample over the top that adds a little breath.

I would like a Korg Microsampler for these duties.

CKresse
Common Wiggler

Post by CKresse » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:08 pm

Jouni wrote:Some low-key droning bagpipe-samples would definetly be killer for so many types of music.
Started following in FB.
Thank you!

CKresse
Common Wiggler

Post by CKresse » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:09 pm

MindMachine wrote:Excellent. I have one LP and one CD of bagpipes that I loop on cd and sample from LP into Boss SP samplers or Casio SK-1's and process. Last time around with Red Panda Particle, Instant Lo Fi Junky and a Polymoog Resonant Filter clone to remove some harsh.

I have a plastic toy Accordion that I sample over the top that adds a little breath.

Pretty cool, any sounds to share? Would love to hear it

CKresse
Common Wiggler

Post by CKresse » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Jouni wrote:Some low-key droning bagpipe-samples would definetly be killer for so many types of music.
Started following in FB.
Thank you!

jordanb
Common Wiggler

Post by jordanb » Sat May 06, 2017 7:13 am

Nice. Have you heard of the Faegerstrom Technopipes? I just got mine...it's an electronic practice chanter with MIDI out so you can use a Midi-CV interface and patch any sound you want as your pipes...as well as your drones!

jordanb
Common Wiggler

Post by jordanb » Sat May 06, 2017 7:13 am

Nice. Have you heard of the Faegerstrom Technopipes? I just got mine...it's an electronic practice chanter with MIDI out so you can use a Midi-CV interface and patch any sound you want as your pipes...as well as your drones!

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sun May 07, 2017 12:02 am

CKresse wrote:
MindMachine wrote:Excellent. I have one LP and one CD of bagpipes that I loop on cd and sample from LP into Boss SP samplers or Casio SK-1's and process. Last time around with Red Panda Particle, Instant Lo Fi Junky and a Polymoog Resonant Filter clone to remove some harsh.

Pretty cool, any sounds to share? Would love to hear it
Nope. Sorry to say I just have some stuff recorded to cassette and have not managed to digitize it yet. I am lazy. If I do get around to posting some stuff I will include the bagpipe/accordion tunes.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs, dotcom Q128 for 37.00
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718

Iridite
Common Wiggler

Post by Iridite » Mon May 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Heh - I would have thought bagpipes would be quite tough to sample? My daughter is just about to start learning at school, I'll let you know if her playing gets good enough to Sample :)

Return to “Synth Noise”