MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bagpipe Samples
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Bagpipe Samples
CKresse
Hey guys, I am not sure if I posted it before but I play the bagpipes, actually looking back at 30 years doing so and ever since I got into modular systems wanted to create a sample library. Well, it's in the works. Here's a video of one sample loaded into the Qu-Bit Nebulae, modulated by Maths and audio processed through the Teenage Engineering OP1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-z6DEr3gY

Feedback welcome! I am sure you can come up with some really cool noise stuff using guitar pedals etc.

Here's my FB page if you would like to connect:
https://www.facebook.com/acidbagpipeloops/?fref=ts

Cheers, CK
craigie77
Oh aye!....

If here was ever a pipe tune crying out to be sampled and mangled dude..... CABER FEIDH..
CKresse
nanners
Jouni
Some low-key droning bagpipe-samples would definetly be killer for so many types of music.
Started following in FB.
MindMachine
Excellent. I have one LP and one CD of bagpipes that I loop on cd and sample from LP into Boss SP samplers or Casio SK-1's and process. Last time around with Red Panda Particle, Instant Lo Fi Junky and a Polymoog Resonant Filter clone to remove some harsh.

I have a plastic toy Accordion that I sample over the top that adds a little breath.

I would like a Korg Microsampler for these duties.
CKresse
Jouni wrote:
Some low-key droning bagpipe-samples would definetly be killer for so many types of music.
Started following in FB.

Thank you!
CKresse
MindMachine wrote:
Excellent. I have one LP and one CD of bagpipes that I loop on cd and sample from LP into Boss SP samplers or Casio SK-1's and process. Last time around with Red Panda Particle, Instant Lo Fi Junky and a Polymoog Resonant Filter clone to remove some harsh.

I have a plastic toy Accordion that I sample over the top that adds a little breath.

Pretty cool, any sounds to share? Would love to hear it
CKresse
Jouni wrote:
Started following in FB.

Thank you!
jordanb
Nice. Have you heard of the Faegerstrom Technopipes? I just got mine...it's an electronic practice chanter with MIDI out so you can use a Midi-CV interface and patch any sound you want as your pipes...as well as your drones!
jordanb
Nice. Have you heard of the Faegerstrom Technopipes? I just got mine...it's an electronic practice chanter with MIDI out so you can use a Midi-CV interface and patch any sound you want as your pipes...as well as your drones!
MindMachine
CKresse wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

Pretty cool, any sounds to share? Would love to hear it

Nope. Sorry to say I just have some stuff recorded to cassette and have not managed to digitize it yet. I am lazy. If I do get around to posting some stuff I will include the bagpipe/accordion tunes.
Iridite
Heh - I would have thought bagpipes would be quite tough to sample? My daughter is just about to start learning at school, I'll let you know if her playing gets good enough to Sample smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1