MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Waldorf 8 Voice Hybrid Poly
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author New Waldorf 8 Voice Hybrid Poly
Numanoid92
Waldorf Poly

I saw this on the Sonicstate instagram page.. new 8 voice Poly from Waldorf.. and it should be Hybrid...

It seems an interesting thing... lots of knobs which i haven't seen on a Waldorf synth since the Microwave Xt
rowsbywoof
applause

About damn time.

Edit: After seeing that little teaser video, it really does look great. Hartmann was teasing the Wave 2 images recently... This really looks like a new Wave. Can't wait to hear it.
AdamJay
woah
Numanoid92
From the video looks like it has 3 Oscillators and 3 LFO... there is a thing called "Digital Former" whatever it means.. and also 3 effects.

and if i spotted right, it's called Quantum
Hi5
Hopefully 'hybrid' means analog filter/vca
Numanoid92
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phi8zPZcWtw[/video]

FIrst VIdeo...

Looks and sound really really good...

In some ways it reminds me of the Prophet 12 but in a Waldorf Flavour
ignatius
Numanoid92 wrote:

FIrst VIdeo
billyk419
The dual USB connections is brilliant. How do more synths not have that?

At 3000 something, think I'm gonna have to put this on the back burner
CF3
Been waiting on Waldorf to make a new flagship synth for YEARS now! Looks promising.
dogoftears
looks really promising. unique.
my only complaint is-- why only two parts multi?! i don't mind a high price tag for such a super synth. but lemme make 8 parts with those 8 voices.
albiedamned
Over 3000 (I assume he meant Euros) for an 8 voice digital synth with analog filters is really going to have to blow people away with its sound in order to sell.
CF3
dogoftears wrote:
looks really promising. unique.
my only complaint is-- why only two parts multi?! i don't mind a high price tag for such a super synth. but lemme make 8 parts with those 8 voices.

I second this. The MW XT was 8 part multi.... in 1997
rowsbywoof
Well, early days. Wasn't surprised at all to see Hartmann show up in the Sonicstate video. This is definitely what he was working on when he was showing the Wave 2 designs.

Price does seem a bit high, but nothing is finalized yet, and we're still at least half a year off. We'll have to see what price lands at, and probably more likely for me, what the second-hand market stabilizes at. :p

This has a hell of a lot of potential. It looks like they took the best parts of Nave, the Microwave legacy, and added on some granular and other synthesis for good measure. Interface looks great, and I'm happy to hear that they're figuring about 80% of the synth is accessible right on the front panel, without even touching the screen.

I can't wait to see more of it.
pelican
Damn
Futuresound
Let's hope they optimize that touchscreen performance lol
heckadecimal69
It does sounds really nice already.
Not for me unless this bank robbery goes well...
mallarme
ignatius wrote:
Numanoid92 wrote:

FIrst VIdeo

By Jupiter it looks awesome! Love their sound, and will definitely watch this close while thinking of a scheme to make enough money to afford it!
geremyf
I don't know what it is but I want it! Please please please have some CV integration.
Annwn
Wowsers! Now let's just hope it doesn't take years to release after this announcement and it's not riddled with bugs.

Though if it does, that gives me time to save up!
de_raaf
love to see some of that stuff in say total digital, digital filters like a new updated blofold, maybe a little cheaper and still cool and a bit more affordable, though this awesome
jimmie
This is going to be a real monster....real monster!!!
Monotremata
Ok who wants to buy one of my kidneys??
sloth713
de_raaf wrote:
love to see some of that stuff in say total digital, digital filters like a new updated blofold, maybe a little cheaper and still cool and a bit more affordable, though this awesome

I too think it would be really cool if they had some digital filters along with the analog ones. Also the sounds of the demo to me definitely felt like it is blofeld based or heavily inspired by it (though I could easily be wrong because it is hard to truly determine such things from a youtube trade show demo)
stikygum
de_raaf wrote:

I'm the exact opposite. They made exactly what I wanted with analog filters and wow, that interface looks bad ass SlayerBadger! I'm glad they didn't cut corners with trying to hit a low price point. We wanted knobs and a great interface and it looks like they've totally delivered.
Huba-Swift
Looks amazing! Beautiful design, super sleek. In the video it looked like the touchscreen had a bit of lag though. Hopefully that isn't an issue on the production run. Probably not going to get one, but I'm definitely forward to some more in depth videos on it. It seems really interesting.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7