MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual Sequential Switch/Router
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Dual Sequential Switch/Router
dhergott1
Anyone know if there exists a dual sequential switch/router module? It would function like one set of Moon 591 inputs and 4 sets of outputs, except instead of manually switching the outputs it would be CV controllable. My thought is that you could hook up your pitch CV and gate CV and then send them as a pair sequentially to four different outputs. Make sense? Any suggestions?

you kids get off my lawn
JohnLRice
Cool idea but I can't think of one. hmmm.....

You could of course use two separate sequential switches to do this? Two Q962s or M564s, etc
mutierend
Are you looking for something similar to the Doepfer A-150 or A-151 but in 5U?
dhergott1
Yes, like two a-151s in 5u. I haven't looked at the Doepfer line. Do folks convert these to 5u? Interesting... hmmm.....
dhergott1
On a related note, does anyone make a sequential switch with built in sample/hold? So if a-151 sent four cv pitches to four oscillators, the oscillators would hold the pitch after switch? Or is there another way to accomplish this?
Ranxerox
dhergott1 wrote:
Anyone know if there exists a dual sequential switch/router module? It would function like one set of Moon 591 inputs and 4 sets of outputs, except instead of manually switching the outputs it would be CV controllable. My thought is that you could hook up your pitch CV and gate CV and then send them as a pair sequentially to four different outputs. Make sense? Any suggestions?

If you want it to be CV controllable (i.e. a voltage-addressed switch), as opposed to clock-driven (i.e. a sequential switch), then the only one I know of in MU is the SSL Segwencer. Two of these (one for pitch, one for gate) would do the job in theory.

The SSL V-Gates also has some interesting voltage-addressed internal triggering functions, but it won't act as a switcher/router for external signals.
JohnLRice
dhergott1 wrote:
On a related note, does anyone make a sequential switch with built in sample/hold? So if a-151 sent four cv pitches to four oscillators, the oscillators would hold the pitch after switch? Or is there another way to accomplish this?
An ASR (Analg Shift Register) is a little like that, but not really. Just thought I'd mention it is case you weren't aware of them and one might fit in with what you want to do.
JohnLRice
Ranxerox wrote:
If you want it to be CV controllable (i.e. a voltage-addressed switch), as opposed to clock-driven (i.e. a sequential switch), then the only one I know of in MU is the SSL Segwencer.

A couple other voltage-addressable switches are the Modcan Switch 56B (only one direction - 4 in 1 out) and the COTK C962C 9bi-directional).
bwhittington
JohnLRice wrote:
Ranxerox wrote:
If you want it to be CV controllable (i.e. a voltage-addressed switch), as opposed to clock-driven (i.e. a sequential switch), then the only one I know of in MU is the SSL Segwencer.

A couple other voltage-addressable switches are the Modcan Switch 56B (only one direction - 4 in 1 out) and the COTK C962C 9bi-directional).

And STG Switch!
dhergott1
Thanks guys!
dhergott1
Old, thread, but found the solution: Intellijel Shifty.

https://youtu.be/l7F-ZLTM26U
dhergott1
Interestingly, the voice sharing technique was used in the 13th and 14th century vocal music and is called hocketing. Pretty neat. https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Hocket
josaka
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
was making dual ASR's

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85359&highlight=
dhergott1
Thanks.
kindredlost
Ain’t it grand?!!

Anything you can dream up seems to be out there. This always reminds me of the philosophy behind a modular and the age-old discussion concerning the use of “standard” utility modules versus a single, dedicated multi function module. It would take many standard switches, sample & holds and so forth to do this function not too long ago.

Of course the same thing could be said about an ADSR. It is a collection of slew generators and what not.

I love modular synths!
dhergott1
kindredlost wrote:
Ain’t it grand?!!

Anything you can dream up seems to be out there. This always reminds me of the philosophy behind a modular and the age-old discussion concerning the use of “standard” utility modules versus a single, dedicated multi function module. It would take many standard switches, sample & holds and so forth to do this function not too long ago.

Of course the same thing could be said about an ADSR. It is a collection of slew generators and what not.

I love modular synths!

Hear, hear! applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1