MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing Tuesday procedural sequencer by TINRS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Introducing Tuesday procedural sequencer by TINRS
Paranormal Patroler
Always interested in sequencers. Here's what I got from MG:

Quote:
Procedural Sequencer

Tuesday is a procedural sequencer – Hold on to Tuesday.

CARPE TUESDAY!
X/Y/! your way around each melody. Find your tune and hang on.

Control the tempo by external clock subdivision or controlling your master tempo from 20 to 240 bpm.
Press the buttons to select options for Algorithms, Ticks, Beats and Scale. Tuesday comes with Algorithms such as TriTrance, Stomper, Wobble and many more!

There's a link to www.thisisnotrocketscience.nl but there's no info as of this post (or at least I didn't find any). Still, I think this one is the equivalent of Grids but aimed for melodic sequences. Looks nice!

meatbeatz
looks great, more sequencer in euro plz!
1n
I'm getting together my first few modules and I've been researching randomness and melody, and this could be an interesting way to go.
Timmy
Interested to know approximately how it works. Is it like Grids, on which the X and Y inputs/knobs navigate around a Kohonen Self organising Map (SOM) of rhythms. Maybe this has a SOM of grooves?
dbeats
It's peanut butter jelly time!
Zymos
Manual is on their site, and they had a least one module available on Etsy a day or two ago...
Timmy
Zymos wrote:
Manual is on their site, and they had a least one module available on Etsy a day or two ago...

Where's the manual? Can't spot it on their site. It's listed as being included in the box, though.
Rigo
Timmy wrote:
Zymos wrote:

Where's the manual? Can't spot it on their site. It's listed as being included in the box, though.

The link is there ...

http://thisisnotrocketscience.nl/TINRS%20Tuesday%20Manual%20(web).pdf
echox
And the module description is there: http://www2.thisisnotrocketscience.nl/eurorack/tuesday/

Video included: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5LWOmiFrCU
Zymos
Timmy wrote:
Zymos wrote:

It's kind of hidden in plain sight, the link doesn't really look like a link.
But I see someone provided the link...
Timmy
Zymos wrote:
Timmy wrote:
Zymos wrote:

It's kind of hidden in plain sight, the link doesn't really look like a link.
But I see someone provided the link...

The book icon was an overly subtle encoding for my weary wetware.

Oh, even better, it's open source! Might be some ideas to build on there - most of the algorithms look to be quite simple (simple is good, and can be subtle and surprising).
quollism
Nice to see Tuesday get some love! smile

I was in Amsterdam last year and visited Stijn and Prisca of TINRS. While I was there I grabbed some video of a patch session Stijn did with a prototype version of Tuesday: some squelchy trance and patching two Tuesdays at once.
blacklight
Got the chance to check it out at superbooth today and I think it's a genious idea and you get very musical results out of it, using another sequencer to control the "density" of that mudule would be very fun, having 256^2 algorithms is crazy, I wonder how they got those hmmm.....

Also the guys at the booth were very nice cool
Paranormal Patroler
Talked with Stijn and Prisca today. The sequencers looks super nice and it definitely made a lot of acid patterns during the event (he had it hooked to an XoX heart hihi ). It can really go deep it seems! Lots of easy to reach options which open it up.
Zephod
Hi! Stijn here :-)

Glad to see so many people rocking out with our new module at Superbooth :-D

We had it hooked up relatively simple (just the x0x most of the time) to not confuse people in to what was and wasnt produced by Tuesday. - only during after hours I finally got some time to build more complex interactions and go wild :-)

To clarify a few things:
Each algorithm has 256x256 settings, mapped to a musical scale of choice, played at a tempo subdivision of choice. There are currently 13 algorithms built in - 1 of which is "test pattern" which I use for final inspection during production, but is sometimes also quite interesting to use on its own.

I left some room for extra algorithms in firmware updates - but I wanted it in the hands of real customers first to see how they would react. There is an easy update-over-mp3 file bootloader included, so you can always upgrade your Tuesday later without any special tools. (just plug in your phone to the ! jack in front and play the mp3... there will be detailed instructions when the time comes)

The master clock can be divided by the tempo knob (iirc divides by up to 6) - and then further divided by the ticks/beats setting.

The ticks/beats/loop outputs can be used in the rest of your modular to have some timing-reference - even if you dont use the tuesday for its melodies, you'll have a multi-clockdivider in your rack

The algorithms are "as simple as I could make them" - which can sometimes be a mathematical 1liner with some carefully chosen ratios - and in some cases a more involved probablistic modelling of a musical style - these too we have tried to boil down to the bare essentials.

Combining it with external modulation of course makes it really shine -> just having static loops is way less interesting than evolving things over time (even if you just use the ticks/beats output with an external step sequencer to feed an envelope back in to the density)

What I didnt really get to showcase at superbooth is how to set it up as an arpeggiator -> with an external keyboard and some vca, summer and envelope modules you can transform this in to an incredibly dynamic arpeggiator system.

As soon as we are back in Amsterdam and the dust has settled a bit, I'll try and record some youtube videos showing all my favourite ways of employing the Tuesday :-)

Thanks again for the wild ride so far - superbooth has been amazing!

- Stijn/Zephod
dbeats
Thx Stijn for the details and for such a great module! I am one of the lucky owners of the very first batch it seems, and my first simple patch utilizing the Tuesday is running 24/7 since returning from superbooth:
http://dbeats.selfhost.bz:8005/listen.pls
It's really musical, IMO.

Cheers,
Daniel
void23
I got my Tuesday today (on Thursday ... doh!). Loads of fun, but I have one suggestion for a potential firmware update. Can you please add 4ppqn syncing? Luckily, I have an Analog Rytm and a DIN sync cable, but everything else in my rack is based around 4ppqn. Additionally, it's hard to play with feeding the Tuesday varied clocks at that high of a rate without burning my clock multiplier on it.
dbeats
This was also my first comment, although I need/have the 24ppqn for Grids (Tuesday´s older brother) anyway. At least there should be a hint somewhere smile
void23
dbeats wrote:
This was also my first comment, although I need/have the 24ppqn for Grids (Tuesday´s older brother) anyway. At least there should be a hint somewhere smile

Grids can do 4ppqn BTW.
dbeats
void23 wrote:
dbeats wrote:

Grids can do 4ppqn BTW.

...yeah, I know, but with restricted rhythms (triplets), so I always run it 24ppqn. Same reason Tuesday wants 24ppqn I guess.
Zephod
Yeah - top of my list now. Slow clocks are more common than I suspected :-)

I'll add some master setting all the way down to 1tick = 1sequencer step.

On it!

:-)

Glad to hear you guys are having fun!

If you like - I can involve you in betatesting the new firmware - please send me a PM with skype/email details and I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update!
bemushroomed
Ordered! Sounds great and musical in the demos.

Arpitecht+Triad, Voltage Block, Shifty, Bishop's Miscellany, Tuesday and 2x Stepper Acids, i think im done with the melody/arp part of my setup, finally! w00t
Koryo
It's Monday, no, no, no, IT"S TUESDAY! Tuesday on a Monday. A nice way to start a week.

Got it today. Wow, slick module. Pictures don't do it justice. Nice details lots of pleasing artwork and design. (As a side note. I think we are at a turning point in module design. This and mod PCs might be the only formats where designers are working with the insides and outsides for public viewing.) Love the red plastic header grafted to the black power header. Even the back of the PCB looks great. Two white braided patch cords, sticker, screws with washers... and the box, slip case and printed manual. Top notch. Is the short patch cord included to encourage self patching?

With a quick read, it does what's advertised on the tin. I think it really needs to have a lot of modulation on the X, Y, !, with a VCA to really make it come alive. As usual, it's deep and will require focused wiggling to grok the possibilities.

My knee jerk reaction is to sample a point and counter point into a Bishop's Miscellany or BitBox to spit it back out Break Beat style. It's a welcome change to whole step sequences.

Well done.
Koryo
...and now I'm listing to Atari Teenage Riot.

Thanks, dbeats!
dbeats
Koryo wrote:
...and now I'm listing to Atari Teenage Riot.

Thanks, dbeats!

applause Have you ever seen them perform live?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4