MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mackie ONYX-i Series with macOS Sierra
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Mackie ONYX-i Series with macOS Sierra
bitbin
Hi all,

I use a Mackie Onyx 1640i of running my modular into a DAW. The desk runs fine on El Capitan, but I wondered if anyone had this kind of desk running on macOS Sierra?

I just wanted to check before/if I do a software update.

Cheers
Bath House
I'm running a 1640i via lighting to firewire adapter in the latest patched Sierra with no problems.
_lex
Bath House wrote:
I'm running a 1640i via lighting to firewire adapter in the latest patched Sierra with no problems.

Did you have to do any Kext disabling or anything like that? Are you running the rev of 1640i that runs off core audio?

Thanks!! (still on 10.9 because i have the fear..)
Bath House
No, mine is the original coreaudio only version. No monkeying with drivers and I've never had a single hiccup with it across three machines (originally a Core2Duo Leopard machine from 2008, currently a very recent i7 Sierra).
bitbin
This all sounds promising. I am now tempted to do the update!

Thanks!
prae
bit late for you but mine works perfect

firewire in to "old style' macbook pro, ableton.
WIZARDISHUNGRY
I've had all kinds of sample rate weirdness (cough syrup vocals) playing iTunes to my Onyx-i. It seems a recent update has a resolved this. Perhaps something has been fixed.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1