MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stillson Hammer mk2 firmware v1.777
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Stillson Hammer mk2 firmware v1.777
mt3
Announced on the facebooks (Apr 13). Will be out soon.

Bug Fixes
* Remote reset step 2 works correctly
* preset reload works correctly for all playing styles (moved sliders on active page no longer overwrite stored data on reload)
* CV input B behavior fixed

New Feature
* sequence step rotation
jasev
mt3 wrote:
Announced on the facebooks (Apr 13). Will be out soon.

Bug Fixes
* Remote reset step 2 works correctly
* preset reload works correctly for all playing styles (moved sliders on active page no longer overwrite stored data on reload)

New Feature
* sequence step rotation

Cool, not updated a Hammer yet. Hope it doesn't give me any hassle, been reading up on firmware updates and it makes my brain cell go dizzy
Baddcr
Yay w00t

Step sequence rotation is huge - I use this a lot in Patterning on the iPad, instant variation in a logical form!

Thanks for sharing smile
mt3
Baddcr wrote:
Yay w00t

Step sequence rotation is huge - I use this a lot in Patterning on the iPad, instant variation in a logical form!

Thanks for sharing smile

So Patterning is worth it? Does things others don't? I'm still squatting the fence.
sendepause

w00t
Baddcr
Patterning is one of the few apps I still use on the iPad mt3

It's stunning... I have it hooked up through an Endorphin.es Shuttle Control and synced (via Link) to the Octatrack and the Modular, works a treat!!

Rotating polyrhythms and probability It's peanut butter jelly time!
mt3
Out now:
http://www.theharvestman.org/firmware.php
Robscorch
sendepause wrote:

w00t

nanners nanners nanners

w00t
rustyjaw
Oh man! Yay!
Kujo
all i gotta do now is find someone who can update it for me.
auxren
By CV input B behavior, do they mean when you change the slider and the value on the screen snaps back to one value and doesn't actually update to the new value? If so, yeaaaaaahhhh buddddy; that's been bugging me.

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Dark Barn
I posted this on IME Facebook also but you might want to check for this yourselves regarding the new rotate feature:

It seems like the sliders don't rotate along with the information. So if you offset things by plus one for example, the slider adjacent to the right of the step you are trying to control now controls that step.
mt3
Dark Barn wrote:
I posted this on IME Facebook also but you might want to check for this yourselves regarding the new rotate feature:

It seems like the sliders don't rotate along with the information. So if you offset things by plus one for example, the slider adjacent to the right of the step you are trying to control now controls that step.

Hmmm, unsure if that's intentional or a bug.
hmmm.....
Dark Barn
I hope it's a bug, because things get weird if you try to work on a rotated sequence. If the intent is as stated, to rotate random sequences to give them a proper downbeat feel. Although I can see where it also might be useful. Something I haven't tried: rotating inactive steps into the active "window," that could be cool smile
rustyjaw
Dark Barn wrote:
I hope it's a bug, because things get weird if you try to work on a rotated sequence. If the intent is as stated, to rotate random sequences to give them a proper downbeat feel. Although I can see where it also might be useful. Something I haven't tried: rotating inactive steps into the active "window," that could be cool smile

I'm not certain this is what you are talking about, but the firmware ReadMe says the following:

"Please note that the sliders will continue to program the actual steps printed on the faceplate when moved. This parameter (and sequence length) will become CV controllable in the next update."
weirdo
Since the update to fw 1.777 my display shows wrong cv-values (all stuck on C..) when playmode is stopped and i select individual steps. The shmk2 plays it right but i want to enter exact values..the gate-values are still shown correct.
rustyjaw
I tested the Assignable B and it works exactly as I thought it would when I first got the SH. Namely, if you assign it to pitch, turning the knob (with CV or physically) into the negative range will drop the pitch of the assigned steps.

Now I am re-evaluating my desire for a dedicated 64-step sequencer since this will let me instantly alter a sequence (technically you could do that before, but only by adding voltages, not by subtracting).

I haven't tested it with gates yet, but presumably one could shorten or remove steps from a sequence of gates with the same method.
rustyjaw
Ok so I took a few minutes before work to test gate behavior with Assignable B and the results are somewhat puzzling. At full ccw, it will turn off gates with sliders below halfway (it seemed to work with values below 60), but it had no discernable effect on gate length. I would expect the gates above 60 to at least get shorter, but that's not what I observed. Note that the gates were going into a Double Andore MkII with the envelope set to ASR so the gate lengths would affect the envelope sustain.
Flamusic
weirdo wrote:
Since the update to fw 1.777 my display shows wrong cv-values (all stuck on C..) when playmode is stopped and i select individual steps. The shmk2 plays it right but i want to enter exact values..the gate-values are still shown correct.

Same problem here.
Update works fine on MAC OSX with Pickit 3
Preset save works fine.
If the hammer is not playing and i skipr thru the steps it displays the last note where i stopped the hammer on all steps.
Also triggering the note with the Encoder triggers the same CV value no matter what the slider does.
That was much better before the update.
Any one still has Version 1.666 for a downgrade ?
mt3
Flamusic wrote:
weirdo wrote:

Same problem here.
Preset save works fine.
If the hammer is not playing and i skipr thru the steps it displays the last note where i stopped the hammer on all steps.
Also triggering the note with the Encoder triggers the same CV value no matter what the slider does.
rustyjaw
OK, I'm an idiot, can someone explain what sequence rotation is supposed to do? I've enabled it a few times, but I honestly can't hear a difference.
Flamusic
mt3 wrote:
Flamusic wrote:
weirdo wrote:

Same problem here.
Preset save works fine.

Cool, thank you...
I dont know if i should downgrade because the save feature is also cool smile
Would be nice to have booth.
Can downgrade the SH be a problem ?
Flamusic
rustyjaw wrote:
OK, I'm an idiot, can someone explain what sequence rotation is supposed to do? I've enabled it a few times, but I honestly can't hear a difference.

If you have some synced background music ( a drum beat, metronome, synth line or a song) to wich the SH is synced....
You can hear what the sequence rotation is doing.

If you hear the SH playing alone its not so easy to hear the diffrence.
But with a beat or melody wich is not changed by thetrack rotation you can hear it easy. Its cool
rustyjaw
Flamusic wrote:
rustyjaw wrote:

If you have some synced background music ( a drum beat, metronome, synth line or a song) to wich the SH is synced....

If you hear the SH playing alone its not so easy to hear the difference.
But with a beat or melody wich is not changed by thetrack rotation you can hear it easy. Its cool

It's a per-track feature, right? Not global to all tracks in a given preset...
Flamusic
rustyjaw wrote:
Flamusic wrote:
rustyjaw wrote:

If you hear the SH playing alone its not so easy to hear the difference.

It's a per-track feature, right? Not global to all tracks in a given preset...

Yes, its per track
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2