MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Xaoc Tirana II micro sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Xaoc Tirana II micro sequencer
mantiwhore
XAOC TIRANA II
1960 Utility Micro Seqencer

6 hp
Ships: TBA (probably June 2017)
Price: 180 EUR MSRP

It's about time for another run of Tirana. This is a second, vastly improved revision to
original 2014 Tirana module, adding crucial new firmware features and several circuit ameliorations.
In short:

- four CV/gate steps
- per step repetition or ratcheting
- per step trigger/gate muting
- on board clock divider
- voltage controlled play direction, transposition and reset
- unipolar and bipolar adjustable voltage range
- expandable by chaining up more Tirana units together

There will be a free firmware upgrade released for original Tirana owners, adding all the above features.
The only difference is monochromatic indication.

Come visit us at booth E220 on Superbooth17 to play the module.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/xaoc-devices-tirana-ii
WaveRider
I don't see what is missing in my 2014 tirana vs those specs

btw how about some new moskwa?
ignatius
Quote:
There will be a free firmware upgrade released for original Tirana owners, adding all the above features.

fuck yeah!

i use my tirana all the time. great little sequencer. might have to add a 2nd one
ignatius
WaveRider wrote:

i think just the clock divider right?
beatcleaver
ignatius wrote:
WaveRider wrote:

i think just the clock divider right?

Plus this one, which I think is multiple repeats within each step, rather than currently where each repeat is a whole step.

mantiwhore wrote:
- per step repetition or ratcheting
WaveRider
-delete
MATSmile
Also something regarding pulse width of a trigger out was mentioned earlier.
Joe.
Free Software Upgrade? It's peanut butter jelly time!
mantiwhore
New features are:

- ratcheting!!!
- on board clock divider
- variable, dynamic gate width modulation
- adjustable reset synchro

Plus a jumper for fixed attenuation of the voltage range and much easier daisy chaining prodedure. Last but not least, the step settings are indicated by bi-color LEDs, for clarity.
Avjr
This is an instant buy for me, glad I waited for it.

Oh and by the way, weren't you guys working on a vco?
WaveRider
mantiwhore wrote:

- ratcheting!!!
-a jumper for fixed attenuation of the voltage range
-the step settings are indicated by bi-color LEDs, for clarity.

good stuff smile

that module is useful to modulate other sequencers, very handy
JohnLRice
I may just replace my old ones . . eek! . .. I mean, start a new case for the old ones! hihi Dead Banana

One feature I've been wishing was possible is a way to chain/unchain multiple Tiranas from the front panel! That would be so great! hyper
MATSmile
Can trig out sustain (stay high) as long as step is on?
xaoc_tech
Avjr
We never promised to release the VCO during Superbooth. It's still in the works. wink

MATSmile
Trig out in Tirana II has been replaced by Gate Out. Its function is selected from the panel actually: it's either Trig or Gate. If Gate option is selected, the duration is equal to the duration of the input clock pulse. Hence, it can be on for almost the whole duration of the step. Almost, because the input clock cannot be always on, obviously.
note!
LoFi Junglist wrote:

I think I saw on Instagram that they mentioned it would be a free firmware upgrade for owners of Tirana I.
g3d9
fap fap fap...
Tonemod
Stoked to see another run of these.
ignatius
note! wrote:
LoFi Junglist wrote:

I think I saw on Instagram that they mentioned it would be a free firmware upgrade for owners of Tirana I.

yes.. it's in the first post in this thread as well Mr. Green

Quote:

thumbs up
subdo
I'm definitely interested. Is there anyway to manually change the direction or do you just have to send a CV to the direction in?
skeller047
I have 3 Tiranas (Tirani?) chained together - which conveniently makes 12 steps, and I used it as the basis for a "12 CV Row" composition. Retrograde was easy - if only one could do inversion at the source (but it is possible with a MixMode or Triatt smile )

I used an Intellijel Planar to control direction and the speed of the clock at the same time. (Clock was a random gate from Ultra Random Analog...) Start/Stop and transpose with Brains + PP - It was one of the most satisfying control setups I've ever done, and I'm thinking of doing another... Schoenberg meets modular!

I will be definitely getting the software upgrade for mine, I loves me my Tirani, one of the best sequencers in eurorack! New features are killer.

Couple questions....

Can you control the number of rachets like you do the repeats? (Hold down for 1 sec, then push the corresponding number...)

And, will the attenuation of voltage range be available on firmware-upgraded version 1 modules?

This is great news - maybe I should just 3 more for my expansion case!
recoba
I own a tirana MK 1 and Love it. But can someone explain how this firmware upgrade Will work?
xaoc_tech
skeller047 wrote:

Can you control the number of rachets like you do the repeats? (Hold down for 1 sec, then push the corresponding number...)

Yes, it's a choice of 1 (no ratcheting), 2, 3 or 4 - very similar gesture to repeats

Quote:

And, will the attenuation of voltage range be available on firmware-upgraded version 1 modules?

Unfortunately no, because the voltage from pots is not processed by the CPU. Changing the range/offset required some modifications of the circuit. The same applies to chaining - voltage is passed between Tiranas directly by the ribbon cable, and there is no way to control this connection by software.

recoba, the update requires re-programming the CPU by using one of the commonly available AVR programmer devices
cheliosheart
I was able to demo the Tirana II for a bit at Superbooth, I have a feeling I will want to swap out my old ones for these (eventually). The bicolor LEDs actually do help a lot discerning what step you are on, etc. and the option to output 0-5v is very useful. Programming ratchets is easy, very similar to repeats - instead of tapping you hold the button down for a second. Programming the clock divider is also intuitive - hold down the first two buttons simultaneously to clock divide /2 for example.

I've gone through many different sequencer options but Tirana remains my favorite by far because of how immediate it is and how it also has a bit of flexibility. cool
tsn
This sounds very nice. But I would like to know what this means:
mantiwhore wrote:

- unipolar and bipolar adjustable voltage range

Is it a choice of different levels or do I get complete control over the range?
xaoc_tech
tsn wrote:

Is it a choice of different levels or do I get complete control over the range?

It's a choice, actually. 2 jumpers at the back give 4 combinations: 0-5V, 0-10V, +/-2.5V, +/-5V
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4