MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ring modulator for contact mic junk metal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Ring modulator for contact mic junk metal
Bataserpa
Once again I am here asking for help to improve my eurorack noise machine.
Part of my setup is based in a metal object with a contact mic connect to Mutable Instrument Ears then processed through some modules ( for now a filter and distortion). To give more dynamic in my harsh noise set I am in the need of a Ring modulator module.

Which one is nice for this kind of processing? I found some options, but don't know which one works better for this kind of sound. I think some with internal lfo ( like moogerfoger ring modulate) seems to be a better option.

For the use of ring modulator I am trying to replicate think Merzbow in the early 90's (pulse demon, electric salad, green wheels, noiseembryo, etc.)

Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks a lot
felixer
if you can diy there is this very nice ringmod chip: ad633, farnell now makes an easy to use board http://de.farnell.com/analog-devices/ad633-evalz/ad633-rohs-eval-brd/d p/2377769?CMP=KNC-GDE-GEN-KWL-G50-ANALOG_DEVICES&mckv=_dc|pcrid|160436 667784|&gclid=CLWgjPDEq9MCFRG6Gwodqb0AqA
it sounds very clean, which i think is what you want. even if you are doing 'harsh noise'
Bataserpa
Thanks for the tip Felixer
The problem is that i can not diy. So an assembled module is the only option for me.
felixer
too bad, methinks it really does pay (and not only financially) to be able to make your own gear ...
the doepfer ringmod isn't bad. nothing sensational (and not quite as clean as a well built ad633) but ok, esp for the money!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1