MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
deadAMps
What kind of bugs are people seeing with this?

Sometimes exiting song mode, tracks of a pattern will be deleted. It seems the tracks on a pattern that were muted when stopping or exiting song mode, just disappear once in a while.
AirbornePorcine
Has anyone managed to get the midi out to work to get clock sync with Elektron gear via the included 3.5-midi adapter? I've tried every combination of settings I can think of, but there's no evidence that clock is actually being sent at all.
operator808
vssp wrote:
I'm particularly interested in the FLXS1 as in the ER101/ER102 combo, which is more expensive and spacey.
There's an important function that is currently lacking and which could make the decision for me : playing/recording notes via midi with the FLXS1, I've asked to Tenkai via the support page and no reply about it since a few weeks.
Could it be possible for someone who owns the FLXS1 and is also waiting for this function to ask to Tenkai and report the answer here: when such a function would be available, if planed?
Thanks a lot for this, it will be very kind and usefull for the guys like me!

Each firmware update thus far has been huge, has covered a lot of ground and I think future updates will do the same i.e. address bugs no matter how small they are, include sensible user requests, and continue to evolution of the FLXS1. I bought this sequencer after months of research, knowing at the end, it would be somewhat future proof. You can just tell from Tenkai's approach to this that he has a lot of bases covered. I have reason to believe the next firmware update will include the ability to record notes via MIDI.

xx
dubstephead
Can this sequencer offset individual gates timing so a steps gate would either be played milliseconds early, or late?
I know you can do euclidian rhythms per step but wouldn't they still start on immediately since they are a division of the the step? Kinda mandatory for my gates to be slightly offbeat (either early or late) sometimes. Everything else I've read about this make it look incredibly functional and powerful! thumbs up
WhateverEd
Went to download the FLXS1 manual, and I'm getting a certificate error (expired) on the zetaohm.com website. Anyone know where I can download the manual?
Hovercraft
WhateverEd wrote:
Went to download the FLXS1 manual, and I'm getting a certificate error (expired) on the zetaohm.com website. Anyone know where I can download the manual?

The site's cert is expired, but you can still access it with your browser--at least Chrome allows it. Seven months since the last firmware update, so it's not clear if development has stopped on the project, or is just imperceptible.
WhateverEd
Windows Edge browser failed with a DB connection error after I chose to ignore the cert expiration. However, I was able to access from my iPad, and after ignoring the cert expiration, iOS gave full access to the site, and I was able to download the manual.

I also filed a support ticket with zetaohm.com on this. I believe SSL certs automatically expire after a year, so it may just be a ThanksGiving holiday network admin issue on their server site (however, if intentionally left to expire, not a good sign for future support).

Interesting behavior between the different browsers.

Thanks.
WhateverEd
The certificate error has been fixed. zetaohm.com is live again.
plutino
dubstephead wrote:
Can this sequencer offset individual gates timing so a steps gate would either be played milliseconds early, or late?
I know you can do euclidian rhythms per step but wouldn't they still start on immediately since they are a division of the the step? Kinda mandatory for my gates to be slightly offbeat (either early or late) sometimes. Everything else I've read about this make it look incredibly functional and powerful! thumbs up

I don't think its currently possible but it seems like a plausible feature. I'd really like this feature as well.
dubstephead
plutino wrote:
dubstephead wrote:

I don't think its currently possible but it seems like a plausible feature. I'd really like this feature as well.

Thanks for 1+ing this. This sequencer seems ridiculously powerful but I just can't get something that does not have timing offsets since (for me) its pretty fundamental to get standout sequences. seriously, i just don't get it
windspirit
Afaik that is a pretty unusual feature in eurorack sequencers.
Futuresound
Wouldn't a gate delay allow you to do this?
windspirit
You could only do microtiming after the beat with a gate delay, not before the beat the way you could with either a daw or an elektron box. Its a small distinction but useful from a compositional standpoint IMHO
vytis
ER-101 does this. Varigate 8+ does too.
I have the FLXS1 and wish it did too.
I have been exchanging ideas with Tenkai and I'm sure he'll update the firmware at some point.
My suggestion is to add a per-step HOLD parameter in quarter increments, much like the gate (set it to 1.5, 2.75 step lengths for example). Or at least in whole steps. Set it how many clock ticks to skip before moving on to the next step.
wanne
erica drum sequencer accent and trigger outs are good for reseting.
also the programming style is the same.
it can do micro timing...
deke
I have been going nuts researching sequencers and I'm thinking the FLSX1 would be a really good fit. I'm semi new to all this and have a lot to learn, and it seems very easy to use and understand. I like many types of music and am not locked into anything, but I have to assume this can do so much more than techno correct? However, this offset issue you guys are discussing - does this mean the thing can't "swing"?
thetwlo
deke wrote:
I have been going nuts researching sequencers and I'm thinking the FLSX1 would be a really good fit. I'm semi new to all this and have a lot to learn, and it seems very easy to use and understand. I like many types of music and am not locked into anything, but I have to assume this can do so much more than techno correct? However, this offset issue you guys are discussing - does this mean the thing can't "swing"?

maybe start with the Doepfer a-155+154 if you think any sequencer can only do one style of music. That is still an amazing, and open sequencer.
deke
thetwlo wrote:
deke wrote:

maybe start with the Doepfer a-155+154 if you think any sequencer can only do one style of music. That is still an amazing, and open sequencer.

I don't think that, it's just that every video of it is the same predictable type of music. Thanks so much, you are very helpful.
thetwlo
deke wrote:
thetwlo wrote:
deke wrote:

I don't think that, it's just that every video of it is the same predictable type of music. Thanks so much, you are very helpful.

the doepfer is a great proper "analog" seq, and a good place to start. The new Five12/numerology module is the other option, and does everything.
funqpatrol
Wondering when the new firmware is gonna drop, anyone with info?
wanne
funqpatrol wrote:
Wondering when the new firmware is gonna drop, anyone with info?

yep,no info from tenkai on request via the webpage seriously, i just don't get it

there are so many things that are not implemented yet ....
orbita
I spoke with tenkai over email recently and he said he had some other hardware work he had to do separately but was commited to getting new firmware done. He actually sent me a beta version but I haven't had time to look at it.

One thing that might be good to do is make a clear prioritised list here of the fixes we are looking for
funqpatrol
orbita wrote:
I spoke with tenkai over email recently and he said he had some other hardware work he had to do separately but was commited to getting new firmware done. He actually sent me a beta version but I haven't had time to look at it.

One thing that might be good to do is make a clear prioritised list here of the fixes we are looking for

Yes I had a similar conversation but it was back in early october, that'd be nice to have at least the midi recording in place! care to share the beta FW?
mokomo
orbita wrote:
He actually sent me a beta version but I haven't had time to look at it.

Hi Orbital - What sort of stuff is the in the beta following v18? Thanks

Would love to see a few more updates.
Buyakasoundman
I’m curious as well
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 13 of 15