MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
brandonlogic
three things i would love to see:

1. apply random to the modulation settings like you can with pitch (random lfo/speed/level on all steps)

2. per step delay setting (set by milliseconds)

3. probability setting per step
vonstirlitz
I would second all those. In addition, it would be good to have cv control over more functions, like cv or trig to step length, number of steps or time division (unless its already there and I am missing something).
wanne
anyway...it would be nice to hear something from tenkai ! seriously, i just don't get it
Decurion99
Deleted.
Jaypee
I have an ER 101/102, and René. Thought this sequencer would complete this combo perfectly.

That micro timing (shifting notes) is really a must-have. That's why I sold my Eloquencer. Too 'grid-rigid' for me.

As soon as this feature will be there, I will buy it for sure.

Why do I think it's an underrated sequencer? Is it because the lack of some features? Or because it's not a big company?
fishdog
Last I heard anything he was working on new modules rather than firmware :( I wonder if its still his plan to make all of the code open source as I feel the community may be able to help push development along.
wanne
fishdog wrote:
Last I heard anything he was working on new modules rather than firmware :( I wonder if its still his plan to make all of the code open source as I feel the community may be able to help push development along.

i know nothing...but it feels a bit like there is no more developement...
there is no reply on emails and there is no sign of life here at the forum or anywhere else for some time now... usualy thats not a good sign...but i could also be very wrong... hmmm.....
deke
wanne wrote:
fishdog wrote:

i know nothing...but it feels a bit like there is no more developement...
there is no reply on emails and there is no sign of life here at the forum or anywhere else for some time now... usualy thats not a good sign...but i could also be very wrong... hmmm.....

As a new owner, this has me a little anxious too. It is a sizable investment for most people.
windspirit
I just talked to tenkai in person, he is still working on a new update and supporting this. He just isnt interested in participating on the forum here.
deke
windspirit wrote:
I just talked to tenkai in person, he is still working on a new update and supporting this. He just isnt interested in participating on the forum here.

Cool, that's good to know. Thanks! I don't think this is a bad place at all, but I can understand his lack of interest as it can be somewhat endless. I'm sure he is busy and has his priorities.
mokomo
Fair enough, but it seems he might be missing a beat in promoting a really excellent product.
Maybe FLXS1 was just a one run thing and he doesn’t want to stimulate any further demand by communicating with customers/future customers? Again, understandable but a bit of a pity for such a great module.
miles_macquarrie
I, like many, have been on the hunt for the ideal modular sequencer. I have had so many of them from rene, metropolis, AD sequencer 1, stepper acid, voltage block, lifeforms kb-1, and more.
I was backer #7 on the kickstarter for FLXS1. I was very excited. It was sold with the idea that you would be able to connect either a cv/gate or midi keyboard to input note data. This was never implemented. A sequencer with so many features is quite hindered by using 1 knob to set your semitone information. Dissapointing. I'm still on the hunt. I regret getting rid of my Metropolis.
I have the Five12 vector arriving soon and have hopes that my search may finally be over, but only time will tell.
wanne
mokomo wrote:
Fair enough, but it seems he might be missing a beat in promoting a really excellent product.
Maybe FLXS1 was just a one run thing and he doesn’t want to stimulate any further demand by communicating with customers/future customers? Again, understandable but a bit of a pity for such a great module.

exactly
on a marketing/promotion standpoint that is very strange.
he designed one of the best modules in eurorack imo...
vonstirlitz
windspirit wrote:

I dont understand this. Someone puts a lot of personal time, energy and creativity in designing a Eurorack module, but doesnt want to post on the main website for modular synths? Has no interest in communicating with the user base? We literally have zero idea if the module will be supported or if it is dead in the water.

Seems like vapourware to me. Contrast FLXS with the love, attention and support given by the ER301 and Nerdseq devs to their community.

Its a good sequencer, for what it does, but there is littlr enthusiasm behind it, because it just doesnt seem supported.
deke
Deleted
Chartreuse-J
vonstirlitz wrote:
windspirit wrote:

I dont understand this. Someone puts a lot of personal time, energy and creativity in designing a Eurorack module, but doesnt want to post on the main website for modular synths? Has no interest in communicating with the user base? We literally have zero idea if the module will be supported or if it is dead in the water.

Seems like vapourware to me. Contrast FLXS with the love, attention and support given by the ER301 and Nerdseq devs to their community.

Its a good sequencer, for what it does, but there is littlr enthusiasm behind it, because it just doesnt seem supported.

I agree, it seems like a poor business decision from Tenkai not to post here, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Tenkai is Anti-Capitalist.

AKA = Another engineer that cuts his nose off spite his face.
mokomo
eurorack is severely anti-capitalist! it's keeping us all poor! Never maintain cash savings again Never maintain cash savings again lol

my guess is that tenkai's style might be to just appear with a slew of bugs and kickstarter features with few releases between long intervals of absence/silence rather than engage in banter on the minutiae in between... that's the way it seemed with 18d.

I was also expecting the cv/midi source recording and a couple of other advances from the kickstarter media and fluxwithit interview.

it would be good to be able to understand if this is the case and FLXS1 is still a heart of a set-up to plan around and thus avoid needing other modules. it feels like it is just 2/3 of the way to realizing expectations.
abilba
What's the current wait time on these?
wanne
abilba wrote:
What's the current wait time on these?

go here and ask !

https://www.zetaohm.com/
Buyakasoundman
Perfect Circuit has them in stock.
Kennymester
I recently picked up a FLXS1 and I'm having weird issues getting it to slave to a MIDI clock via 3.5mm. I'm using a known working adapter and everything else in the MIDI network is perfectly synced. Seems like the beat is always off no matter what. Is there someway to fix this? Is this a known bug?

Thanks!
thetwlo
Chartreuse-J wrote:

I agree, it seems like a poor business decision from Tenkai not to post here, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Tenkai is Anti-Capitalist.

...but he started this thread just to sell this product. I understand not getting involved in these discussions, but you can't have it both ways. Don't advertise here if you won't provide support here.
deke
thetwlo wrote:
Chartreuse-J wrote:

...but he started this thread just to sell this product. I understand not getting involved in these discussions, but you can't have it both ways. Don't advertise here if you won't provide support here.

Fair point. I suppose one test is to see how this unit does on the used market. I'm going to stick with mine, but I have some observations for what it is worth. I think it's fair to say any sequencer in some way influences how one composes with it. With that in mind the arpeggio function seems to be a big part of this. While I find it interesting and useful, it in many ways has too much of an influence, at least on me. Is that a good thing or bad thing? I don't know. However, I am learning to use it more subtly. For example using less dramatic settings in the "Speed" setting such as 3/2 or other less dramatic settings. Still, I worry it may be something I end up going to, not so much because I want to, but because it is there. My sequencer experience is limited to DAWS, Metropolis, Mother 32 and SQ-1. I imagine other sequencers sort of impose how they are used, but am wondering if there are some that are both powerful, yet somehow less influential or perhaps even limiting. Does this make any sense? I suppose another test would be if people could hear a track and say, "Oh, he/she is using a FLXS1" similar to how some popular modules get a rap for being used the same way by many, but there are many people smarter than I am who can make anything sound like... well, almost anything.

I really do appreciate the amount of CV control and the ability to generate CV signals within each patch/step with control over wave type, amplitude, speed and especially offset (gives my O/A/X2 a break or help!). I also find the various options to apply randomness useful.

As for the user interface, parts of it are easily learned, but there are some quirks that could use better documentation. In effect, local or track functions are easy, but more global functions are a bit buried.
wanne
Kennymester wrote:
I recently picked up a FLXS1 and I'm having weird issues getting it to slave to a MIDI clock via 3.5mm. I'm using a known working adapter and everything else in the MIDI network is perfectly synced. Seems like the beat is always off no matter what. Is there someway to fix this? Is this a known bug?

Thanks!

i have a problem with it the other way..see some posts ago....

anyway...it would be nice to hear from tenkai about what the future developement and updates is as many ppl here supported this via kickstarter
and may deserve some kind of update from time to time as long as the product is not finished...

it costs a minute or so to post here..
nobody needs daily talk and pampering from the person who made this module but i think one of the very good things about the eurocrack scene is that we have a big platform here and lotz of communication and support from the various producers of modules in the scene..
Kennymester
wanne wrote:
Kennymester wrote:

Thanks!

i have a problem with it the other way..see some posts ago....

anyway...it would be nice to hear from tenkai about what the future developement and updates is as many ppl here supported this via kickstarter
and may deserve some kind of update from time to time as long as the product is not finished...

it costs a minute or so to post here..
nobody needs daily talk and pampering from the person who made this module but i think one of the very good things about the eurocrack scene is that we have a big platform here and lotz of communication and support from the various producers of modules in the scene..

Wanne I talked to Tenkai today about my issue. He's been very helpful with trying to get my syncing issue resolved but unfortunately it looks like I'll have to send it to him. I did ask about the FLXS1 being a master clock and he said with the processing currently it's not reliable for a master clock. He said it's best synced via one of the current methods; USB, MIDI, or analog clock.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 14 of 15