MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Author Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
kullboys
Hello
Where is the GitHub link? Couldn't find it on Kickstarter nor GitHub.
cosmikwolf
Hello everybody,

So its been a minute, and I totally get that there are a bunch of my customers that are frustrated. I might be too, in your position.

Here is the low down:

2018 was a doozie. In January, my wife had surgery, I had to be a full time care taker for 6 months. This put me out of the rhythm of working on FLXS1 software, and I effectively offloaded that information from my brain for a little while. Around the same time as my wife having surgery, I lost my workshop space because they tripled my rent. I moved my workshop into my living room. I also had to find other work to pay the bills. Long story short, I’ve been super busy.

I want you all to know that I am 100% committed to release updates to FLXS1. I also intend to release the source code at some point (if you want to have access to it sooner, message me. developers who have a FLXS1 to the front of the line plz smile ). Its just a matter of finding the time, and getting people to actually test and give me good feedback. My drop dead date for this is Superbooth, as there are some things happening then that I need to have FLXS1 updates for (and no, its not an updated FLXS1)

Here are the changes that I have on the top of my list:

1. Fix first step bug
2. More than 16 save slots
3. Load exported save file via sysex
4. apply random to the modulation settings like you can with pitch (random lfo/speed/level on all steps)
5. per step delay setting (set by milliseconds)
6. MIDI input for writing sequences
7. probability setting per step

I also want everyone to know that I totally support the community aspect of this! To this end, I will be moving all my support conversations to a Zetaohm Discourse forum, this will happen when I have an update available to test. I will be getting people to use the forum by releasing the code there, and asking for feedback through it. I can’t keep track of all the stuff that goes on in muffwiggler. I abhor PHPBB and I don’t agree that it is the ‘main modular forum’ anymore. Modular happens in real life, with real people, and real challenges get in the way, and real people help each other make this thing happen. Trade shows are a great place to see whats new and what people are working on.

Until the forum is up, you can always email me: tenkai at_zetaohm D0t com. You can also submit a support ticket, but once the forum goes up, I will be removing the fresh desk support system, and instead I will make all my support via email and forum posts. (fresh desk makes sense for teams, but with individual stuff, its just another feed to check)

my favorite quote from this thread:
Quote:
I have a sneaky suspicion that Tenkai is Anti-Capitalist.

Capitalism: the source, and the temporary solution to, most of life’s problems…

Something that people should understand about me is that I am an Artist first, and engineer second, and a business person 3rd. I did something to test myself, creatively and technically and I met that challenge. The business end of it is the hardest part for me to keep up with. If anybody wants to be a marketing person for Zetaohm, I might be looking for someone to help in that arena in the next few months… plz inquire within...

Any who, thats all for now. Hope everyone is well. I will leave you with a record I released a few months ago. Buy it and help support FLXS1 development ;D

[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=1324999068 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false]
brandonlogic
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

Randomized modulation, probability per step, and delay per step- the features I been looking forward to most, confirmed! Amazing!

Seriously tho...
Randomized modulation applause

As you know, I’m happy to help test firmwares!
deke
cosmikwolf wrote:
Hello everybody,

So its been a minute, and I totally get that there are a bunch of my customers that are frustrated. I might be too, in your position.

Here is the low down:

2018 was a doozie. In January, my wife had surgery, I had to be a full time care taker for 6 months. This put me out of the rhythm of working on FLXS1 software, and I effectively offloaded that information from my brain for a little while. Around the same time as my wife having surgery, I lost my workshop space because they tripled my rent. I moved my workshop into my living room. I also had to find other work to pay the bills. Long story short, I’ve been super busy.

I want you all to know that I am 100% committed to release updates to FLXS1. I also intend to release the source code at some point (if you want to have access to it sooner, message me. developers who have a FLXS1 to the front of the line plz smile ). Its just a matter of finding the time, and getting people to actually test and give me good feedback. My drop dead date for this is Superbooth, as there are some things happening then that I need to have FLXS1 updates for (and no, its not an updated FLXS1)

Here are the changes that I have on the top of my list:

1. Fix first step bug
2. More than 16 save slots
3. Load exported save file via sysex
4. apply random to the modulation settings like you can with pitch (random lfo/speed/level on all steps)
5. per step delay setting (set by milliseconds)
6. MIDI input for writing sequences
7. probability setting per step

I also want everyone to know that I totally support the community aspect of this! To this end, I will be moving all my support conversations to a Zetaohm Discourse forum, this will happen when I have an update available to test. I will be getting people to use the forum by releasing the code there, and asking for feedback through it. I can’t keep track of all the stuff that goes on in muffwiggler. I abhor PHPBB and I don’t agree that it is the ‘main modular forum’ anymore. Modular happens in real life, with real people, and real challenges get in the way, and real people help each other make this thing happen. Trade shows are a great place to see whats new and what people are working on.

Until the forum is up, you can always email me: tenkai at_zetaohm D0t com. You can also submit a support ticket, but once the forum goes up, I will be removing the fresh desk support system, and instead I will make all my support via email and forum posts. (fresh desk makes sense for teams, but with individual stuff, its just another feed to check)

my favorite quote from this thread:
Quote:
I have a sneaky suspicion that Tenkai is Anti-Capitalist.

Capitalism: the source, and the temporary solution to, most of life’s problems…

Something that people should understand about me is that I am an Artist first, and engineer second, and a business person 3rd. I did something to test myself, creatively and technically and I met that challenge. The business end of it is the hardest part for me to keep up with. If anybody wants to be a marketing person for Zetaohm, I might be looking for someone to help in that arena in the next few months… plz inquire within...

Any who, thats all for now. Hope everyone is well. I will leave you with a record I released a few months ago. Buy it and help support FLXS1 development ;D

[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=1324999068 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false]

Thanks so much for posting this. First and foremost I hope your wife is 100% better and whatever health issue she had is completely resolved. We have had our own share of being family care givers and it is very stressful. You really can't imagine how difficult it is until you go through it (and don't get me started on how our heath system's insurance red tape nonsense makes this even worse). Family always comes first! Thanks again, best to your wife and see you on your new forum.
cosmikwolf
Hey guys,

the new forum is up, and the new firmware beta is posted

https://planet.zetaohm.com/t/welcome-to-planet-zetaohm

check out planet zetaohm, ill be hanging out there pretty regularly
mokomo
Great to hear all well with your partner.

Delighted to see the items in the update and that you are working on midi-in sequence recording and the other enhancements.
Southfork
New forum is great, good to able to give feedback. Looking fwd to the updates. FLXS1 just needs a few more tweaks and bug fixes to take it to the next level Rockin' Banana!
Southfork
I have noticed on the newest beta19a firmware that save slots from 17-128 do not work. After pressing shift + save it flashes 'Saved' but on recalling the patch it just shows as a blank preset. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?
vytis

FLXS1 has moved ER-101 out of my live case.

Here's a little sequence for a rainy afternoon.
Melody + Envelopes driven by FLXS1.
In this sketch I am muting / unmuting steps and occasionally transposing a note here and there from another channel.
Running FLXS beta firmware 19a.
128 save slots is a major new feature.
Waiting anxiously for the Step Delay functionality. And, hopefully ability to Detune in cents. Tenkai is doing great work on the new firmware.
thumbs up
miles_macquarrie
Glad to hear all is well with Tenkai and that further development is happening with this sequencer.

I was an early kickstarter supporter and then became discouraged when no midi or cv gate keyboard function was supported. Now that that is in the works I'm about to jump back in.

2 questions:

1) What is the "1st step bug"?
2) What is possible with the midi out? Does it send note data or just start/stop/clock messages?
Buyakasoundman
1) What is the "1st step bug"?
2) What is possible with the midi out? Does it send note data or just start/stop/clock messages?[/quote]

I only had the FLXS1 in my system for a week or two, but thoroughly enjoyed it. The only bug I experienced was the “1st step bug”. This was a bug where the sequencer would freeze when quickly changing the “1st step parameter”; which step the sequence would start on. Other than that, my only reason for returning it was to investigate other options. It has been said so many times before, but bears repeating; there are no perfect sequencers and seat time reveals more than YT vids or spec sheets. I look forward to revisiting this sequencer when it’s a little more mature. Not that it’s buggy, it just has many features waiting in the wings.
miles_macquarrie
Thank you for your quick response.
miles_macquarrie
miles_macquarrie wrote:

What is possible with the midi out? Does it send note data or just start/stop/clock messages?

Can anyone answer the above question? Can you sequence midi gear with the midi out? Didn't see any details in the manual.
wanne
miles_macquarrie wrote:
miles_macquarrie wrote:

What is possible with the midi out? Does it send note data or just start/stop/clock messages?

Can anyone answer the above question? Can you sequence midi gear with the midi out? Didn't see any details in the manual.

yes you can !
miles_macquarrie
Thank you! Definitely going back in my rack. Can it send CC messages as well as note data?
behndy
heyyyyyyyy was i tripping or did i see in some post that one can now shift a whole track by semitones or ocataves?
oneiric.tomb
That would be great, a pretty essential feature imo.

I'm still a little confused about there being a new module coming out when the firmware on this is unfinished tho
Tonescape
behndy wrote:
heyyyyyyyy was i tripping or did i see in some post that one can now shift a whole track by semitones or ocataves?

Not tripping! This is possible thumbs up
behndy
nice! remind me how? i searched, could not find.

thanks!
Tonescape
behndy wrote:
nice! remind me how? i searched, could not find.

thanks!

Sure. You hold the channel pad, and presse the "transpose" pad (3rd row, 2nd pad from the left) to go in to the transpose menu. Here you can dial in the wanted setting with the encoder.
behndy
awesomeeeee. lol. you just saved me a TON of click knobby adjusting.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Page 15 of 15