MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
wanne
akrylik wrote:
wanne wrote:
hi !
why the big shipping amount outside the US ?
i really want to order one but 45$ for shipping looks a bit expensive to me !?
i guess there will be also a nice invoice inside the pack so an extra amount of taxes is a shure thing Dead Banana

What are you talking about? That is a great price for shipping outside of the US. Usually its much higher.

much higher ?? for what ?
a 10 kilo synth or a 250gr. eurorack module d'oh!
45$ is alot imo....
akrylik
wanne wrote:
akrylik wrote:
wanne wrote:
hi !
i guess there will be also a nice invoice inside the pack so an extra amount of taxes is a shure thing Dead Banana

What are you talking about? That is a great price for shipping outside of the US. Usually its much higher.

45$ is alot imo....

I've sent many modules of this size and it is definitely not 250g. More like 400g plus 200g for the packing material, so a total of 600g is much more reasonable.

Put 600g and Germany into the USPS postage calculator and you get....$44.30. Surprise!

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10137&ccode= DE&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=4%2F23%2F2017&m=6&dvi=500&p=1&o=5.1648

d'oh!
windspirit
Yep, people who ship outside the us for less are taking a hit. I should know cuz I usually split the cost of international shipping with the customer so it is more like 20. By the way I dont suggest doing this to anyone reading.
brandonlogic
if just 3 more people kickstart with the early bird special the kickstarter will reach its goal already!
6Human
Nielsen wrote:
6Human wrote:
A lot to love about this one, but would like to know more about probability for gates and random notes. Did I miss any info?

Yeah, i was thinking about this, too. Does the it have something similar like the Stillson Hammer MK2 random functions?

I shot Tenkai an email. He said probability for gates and ranges for random notes are in the plans. This will also be under CV-control. Not familiar with Stillson Hammer, but I'm guessing Electron style for the gates.

Hard not to compare with the Eloquencer, and I must say I much prefer 4x4 layout, more dense and compact formfactor, right hand rotary knob and slightly larger RBG screen, more CV ins and additional CV outs. Pledged.
VanEck
brandonlogic wrote:
VanEck wrote:
this may have been answered already, but is there any way to change the clock per channel? being able to clock divide each channel differently on the SH mkII is one of my favorite features. would love to see the ability to do that on the flxs1 as well.

havnt heard about internal clock division/mult but I do love that the gate inputs can be set so each sequence channel has its own clock input! so you can do your clocking externally for each channel (pams workout will be great with it). that was one of the main selling points on this for me!

Quote:
4 Assignable Gate Inputs

Per-channel clock input (4-32ppq)
Pattern advance / select (with CV input)
Arp / glide / random enable

ahh very nice. that will do!
wanne
akrylik wrote:
wanne wrote:
akrylik wrote:
wanne wrote:
hi !

45$ is alot imo....

I've sent many modules of this size and it is definitely not 250g. More like 400g plus 200g for the packing material, so a total of 600g is much more reasonable.

Put 600g and Germany into the USPS postage calculator and you get....$44.30. Surprise!

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/MailServices?country=10137&ccode= DE&omil=False&dmil=False&mdt=4%2F23%2F2017&m=6&dvi=500&p=1&o=5.1648

d'oh!

by the way... i joined the kickstarter with an early bird nanners
akrylik
wanne wrote:
akrylik wrote:
wanne wrote:
akrylik wrote:
wanne wrote:
hi !

45$ is alot imo....

d'oh!

by the way... i joined the kickstarter with an early bird nanners

Yeah! SlayerBadger!
windspirit
Sold enough stuff to pledge, less than 1k$ to the goal. Looks likely this thing is gonna happen grin
mdoudoroff
Good Superbooth demo via Divkid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StO5eipLBgs

The button shapes still freak me out a little, but this does look pretty well thought out and fun to use.
NoMoreNightmares
mdoudoroff wrote:
Good Superbooth demo via Divkid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StO5eipLBgs

The button shapes still freak me out a little, but this does look pretty well thought out and fun to use.

The one knob for inputs seemed like a total bummer, but it looks manageable after this video.
VanEck
only 2 more module presales needed to hit the goal... w00t
Dark Barn
one
more
module
w00t w00t
windspirit
Four more beers!
le_palace
pbear :( looks like a 6year old watching Transformers chose the buttons.

really impressive feature set and I wish you success!
cheliosheart
I just backed this for the poster, I think that pushes it over!
6Human
w00t
mokomo
the buttons are 'most likely' mounted on conventional switches, so if my uniformity OCD gets the better of me (which it probably will) I can dremel the faceplate into obedience and probably replace with alternatives I can butcher from one of these or bigger

I think I can live with the buttons though, given the feature set which looks uniquely great for such a sized unit. All those control-ins, and CV contours per step!
VanEck
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo GOAL REACHED! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
mokomo
So there'll be a 8 gate expander it would seem.
8 in, 8 out or 4+4

update on kickstarter about feature suggestions so far and what's ruled in or out.
ugokcen
It's endearing to see him recommend the winter modular eloquencer to people who don't like the buttons. What a nice guy!

I wish I had the cash at the moment to support this, so glad it got funded. I'll probably get one from the second batch.
cosmikwolf
ugokcen wrote:
It's endearing to see him recommend the winter modular eloquencer to people who don't like the buttons. What a nice guy!

Eloi is great. I fully support what he does. We started working on similar ideas around the same time, 3 years ago. We are tuned into the same wavelength, and have manifested different perspectives of that same multidimensional entity. Our products may be similar when using a wide lens, but if you look closely, we have a very different feature set.

I thought I had posted this, but our WiFi in Berlin was spotty. Must have been sacrificed to the data gods.

Here is my update for the kickstarter, addressing many of your questions:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/736306985/zetaohm-fluxus-one-volt age-sequencer/posts/1870551

and the text of that update:

Quote:

I have received a number of questions about certain features and plans that I have for the Fluxus One, and I thought it would be good to write up a little post about some of the things that are planned, and clarifying some things I have already said. Send me a message if you are curious about any of the features, and I will help you understand my thought process.

Multi Select Mode - I plan on allowing the user to select multiple steps at once, and set parameters on selected steps simultaneously.

Step Play Mask - I plan to have a mode that will allow you to select the first and last step and loop between them. This will let you play just the steps you want, over and over again so you can get them exactly how you want them.

MIDI to CV converter functionality - Totally possible, not a priority. Maybe later. MIDI port is capable of receiving full MIDI data. If you wrote the firmware for it, the Fluxus One could be a very fast MIDI to 16 bit CV converter + USB MIDI to CV converter, with 8 CV outs, 4 Gate Outs, 4 Gate ins and 4 CV ins. This isn’t really something I want to spend time on at the moment, as one of the ideas of this sequencer is to get you away from your computer. Someone else who is familiar with Arduino could totally make this a mode though, and it would not be terribly difficult. Once initial development on this module is complete, this is something I will consider adding on.

Open Source / Github access - Source is on github, but currently private. I have not worked out what license I want to use. Planning on figuring that out in the next few weeks. If you want access to the source, send me a message and I can give you a preview.

Quantize pitch to midi keyboard input - Also totally possible, and sounds kind of cool, and would not be terribly difficult to implement. I’ll have to try this one out. I did have an idea for an arpeggiator mode where you could do something like this. I do have plans to add a mode that allows you to program a sequence with a midi controller, so you don’t need to input the pitch with a knob. I will experiment with this feature, and see how it works.

Randomization and probability - In the works. The Fluxus One already has randomize on gate input as a modulation destination. Other probability functions are planned. Per note chance for gate firing, as well as chance that the pitch will change and by what range. Probability for Gates, as well as pitch with range is something I would like to do.

Alternative buttons - I have no plans to make an alternative front panel or buttons at this time. Alternate buttons can be made by hand, if desired. Access to a common 3d printer and silicone casting equipment is needed. This could be accomplished in a small workshop setting. Contact me if this is something you are interested in, and I can give you more specifics, including the exact drawings required for such a task. If this is a deal breaker for you, Winter Modular has a great product called the Eloquencer which I greatly admire. Go check it out.

Polyphony - this is definitely something I am thinking about, but getting it right is hard. There are a variety of possibilities for polyphonic sequencing, and I think I have an idea for a simplified poly mode that can be accomplished without too much work. I’d like a true poly mode at some point, but there are so many variables to control. This simplified mode could allow you to do two separate channels of polyphony, one on channel 1+2, the second on channel 3+4.

X-Y Clock mode - This feature works. There is no specific X + Y clock right now, you set the clock source to a gate input, which can be anywhere from 4ppq to 32ppq, and then you can map Y axis to another gate input. When the mapped gate goes high, it advances the Y axis by 4 steps. I have thought about giving you the option of choosing how many steps forward to jump. Perhaps you have a gate input that just advances one step? three? five?

Internal Modulation - All destinations (all CV and gate outputs) have a corresponding internal digital signal, which you will be able to use as sources for the modulation destinations. This means you will be able to create a patch internally in the Fluxus One, allowing for many more dimensions of pattern control with fewer patch cables.

USB MIDI connectivity for USB keyboards and controllers - This is a desired feature, but the code for USB host mode is complex. This is a maybe. I can’t guarantee that this will work properly with all USB MIDI hardware.

Sysex downloading -No special app will be made available. Sysex librarian is a good one, also MIDI-OX for windoze.

International Shipping Cost - Sorry, but that is what it costs me! Big companies get big discounts for international shipping. I am as small as it gets, and only small discounts for shipping.

Clocking per channel - Planned feature, doesn’t work yet. I would like you to be able to have gate clock inputs for each of the 4 channels, so you can clock each sequence separately, with a separate external clock source. This will work great with the 8 Gate I/O expander module that is planned (yes, 8 additional gate inputs, or outputs? 4 + 4? either or? both? you tell me!)

Performance Capabilities - I have an ableton style trigger mode that I have planned, which will show you 4 patterns at a time, for each of the 4 channels, accessible on the button matrix. In this mode, the channel buttons will provide you with an algorithmic increase in gate outputs, with the ability to increase speed for or shut off the algorithm, to help to create a buildup before switching patterns.
Dark Barn
I'm in for the expansion too if I get along with the Fluxus like I plan to. Do you plan to finance it the same way?
Digital Larry
nikbee wrote:
in modular synthesis it is is easy to make modal music, but if you don't.. like, it is really hard, on a harmonic level, to make music on a modular that isn't a glorified wind chime.

nanners applause

I'm still growing into modular "composition". I retrieved my Sony Mini-Disc (remember those) from the shelf of doom and have it set so I can easily record something spontaneously from the modular.

So far, I have had difficulty coming back to something I had done earlier, but at least this way I can capture bits and pieces of stuff that might be assembled into something else later (or not).
[/quote]
mokomo
cosmikwolf wrote:

Quote:

Clocking per channel - Planned feature, doesn’t work yet. I would like you to be able to have gate clock inputs for each of the 4 channels, so you can clock each sequence separately, with a separate external clock source. This will work great with the 8 Gate I/O expander module that is planned (yes, 8 additional gate inputs, or outputs? 4 + 4? either or? both? you tell me!)

Would extra outputs involve additional gate tracks or that events on the existing tracks can be assigned to a particular expander output?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 3 of 15