MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Zetaohm Fluxus One Kickstarter has been launched!
cosmikwolf
Greeting humans, Tenkai here with Zetaohm.

The Kickstarter campaign is now live. You can check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/736306985/zetaohm-fluxus-one-volt age-sequencer/

Four Channel Sixty Four Step Sequencer
  • Four gate outputs (0-8v)
  • Eight CV outputs (±10v, 16-bit, 2 per channel)
  • Per-step arpeggiator with speed select
  • Scale quantization (microtonal scales planned)
    Four Assignable Gate Inputs
  • Per-channel clock input (4-32ppq)
  • Pattern advance / select (with CV input)
  • Arp / glide / random enable
    Four Assignable CV inputs (±5v, 13-bit)
  • Pitch transposition modulation
  • Arp speed modulation
    Dedicated Clock Output
  • Selectable clock division
    16mB Built-in Flash Memory
  • Save up to 1024 sequences (16 sets of 16x4)
    3.5mm + USB MIDI Input + Output
  • Sync to your computer over USB!
  • Sync to other gear with 3.5mm MIDI dongle
    Built-in Tuner
  • Connect oscillator output to CV input 1 - 4
    100% Open Source OS (Teensy compatible)
  • Update software over USB
  • Many software updates planned for 2017
    26hp / 200ma 12v / 50ma -12v

Make sure to visit www.zetaohm.com and sign up for our email list if you are interested. You will be be notified when discounted modules are available for early bird supporters when our Kickstarter goes live on Tuesday.

Zetaohm will also be demoing the Fluxus One at Superbooth17. Come Say Hi!

NoobOlar
Nice,
is the flash memory on removable cards?
So the user can keep hold of saved sequences on different cards?

Can you save sequences to and recall from USB (computer?)

Good luck
cosmikwolf
NoobOlar wrote:
Nice,
is the flash memory on removable cards?
So the user can keep hold of saved sequences on different cards?

Can you save sequences to and recall from USB (computer?)

Good luck

There is internal flash memory for up to 1024 sequences. You can dump your sequences to your computer via sysex using USB MIDI
DSC
Too bad you were not listing this for sale now! I am not a big Kickstarter fan.
Hope you can make your goals. thumbs up
Paranormal Patroler
You sure you want to start a Kickstarter campaign right when everyone will be a) busy checking all the new releases b) saving money for all the cool new releases ?

Not trying to piss on your campaign, far from it, I'm looking forward to checking how the sequencer works during SB. Just saying that from a marketing perspective it might not be a good move. Or maybe I'm wrong. Best of luck anyway!
cosmikwolf
Thank you for your feedback.

We have carefully considered our options.
Paranormal Patroler
cosmikwolf wrote:

Best of luck then! See you at Superbooth. w00t
cosmikwolf
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
cosmikwolf wrote:

Best of luck then! See you at Superbooth. w00t

Totally grin I am super excited. Never been to Berlin before!
echopraxia
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
You sure you want to start a Kickstarter campaign right when everyone will be a) busy checking all the new releases b) saving money for all the cool new releases ?

Not trying to piss on your campaign, far from it, I'm looking forward to checking how the sequencer works during SB. Just saying that from a marketing perspective it might not be a good move. Or maybe I'm wrong. Best of luck anyway!

...but this is the cool release.

all jokes aside, gonna back this so fast tomorrow i wont have time for thoughts like "is this a financially sound decision?".
Dark Barn
I would much rather buy one outright than support a Kickstarter also. I might or might not support the Kickstarter but would buy one immediately if you had them for sale.

At either rate it is a hardcore machine if it delivers. Well done Tenkai!
cosmikwolf
echopraxia wrote:
all jokes aside, gonna back this so fast tomorrow i wont have time for thoughts like "is this a financially sound decision?".

applause thumbs up It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners

Dark Barn wrote:
I would much rather buy one outright than support a Kickstarter also. I might or might not support the Kickstarter but would buy one immediately if you had them for sale.

At either rate it is a hardcore machine if it delivers. Well done Tenkai!

Thanks Dark Barn!

In response to the kickstarter concerns: Producing modules at volume takes a significant amount of capital. A kickstarter is the only way I could accomplish such an endeavor without taking out crazy loans and giving the banks a significant portion of the funds raised.

Rest assured, that this kickstarter campaign is NOT to DESIGN this module from scratch, but rather to fund manufacturing. I have spent two and a half years in development (one and a half years full time, 40-50 hrs/week), and we have already gone through 12 prototype revisions, as well as a design verification build of 5 modules with the trusty folks over at WMD.

Once the kickstarter has breached the goal, I will be flipping the switch to have the boards assembled. Pick and place is fairly quick, and then a team of myself and some friends will be completing the hand assembly.

Ship date will be in June, but if everything goes smoothly, I may be able to ship early bird modules by the end of May. The non early bird modules will probably be shipping late June / Early July.

If you skip the kickstarter, you may not be able to get a module for some time. I will not be doing a second run anytime soon. I have a number of other modules that need some undivided attention This is fun!
Dark Barn
Do the gate outs allow ratcheting so as to be synced with the arpeggiator? Are arpeggios chord/pattern based or can the notes be assigned freely? Can you glide through an arpeggio? Sorry if these answers are already covered somewhere.
windspirit
Gates work with the arpegiator so if you set it to 1 octave you will get ratcheting that doesnt change notes. No sure about the glide but I am guessing the answer is yes since each output has a glide circuit built in.
miles_macquarrie
Just sold my Rene to help fund this. I will definitely be pledging today.

Why are many of you not fans of Kickstarter? It seems like an excellent way to help new and existing companies fund great projects. This will be my 3rd Kickstarter synth based purchase. Kilpatrick Carbon, Synth Tech e370, and soon the FLXS 1.
Dark Barn
Thanks windspirit, I guess I should have watched that video first. I'm still wondering if arpeggios allow user editable notes/patterns. Or maybe if that's something Tenkai would consider adding at a later date.
miles_macquarrie
Dark Barn wrote:
Thanks windspirit, I guess I should have watched that video first. I'm still wondering if arpeggios allow user editable notes/patterns. Or maybe if that's something Tenkai would consider adding at a later date.

He mentioned on instagram that will be able to write your own arpeggios in a future update.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BSvQKdzAUh1/?taken-by=kittyspit
cosmikwolf
Dark Barn wrote:

Yes, you will eventually be able to select your own chords. Right now you select chords from a predefined list. Selecting your own arpeggio chords will be a necessity for microtonal and non equal temperament scales which are also planned.

Gates trigger with each arpeggio note in normal gate mode, however in 1 hit gate mode, only the first arpeggio not triggers, so you can trigger an envelope just once while the cv arpeggiates. Will also be able to send an envelope signal from each secondary cv with each arpeggio. Some fun things will emerge with that grin. Think of an LFO that descends in amplitude with the gate length.

Also yes you can glide through arpeggios
mokomo
It's launched on kickstarter!
cosmikwolf
mokomo wrote:
It's launched on kickstarter!

You beat me to it! Thank you for being the first supporter! You got in before I even had a chance to send out the email to my list!

The kickstarter is live! Go check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/736306985/zetaohm-fluxus-one-volt age-sequencer

if you want to share with your friends, it is also aliased at bit.ly/zetaohm
Dark Barn
I'm in. Good luck!
miles_macquarrie
Pledged. Let's make this happen people!
fywzheng
backed, spending too much money on kickstarter for future products, haha, waiting for E370, datamachines, and Folktek Mescaline on Indiegogo.
Shwaj
Cool! Where is the GitHub link? Couldn't find it on Kickstarter nor GitHub.
6Human
A lot to love about this one, but would like to know more about probability for gates and random notes. Did I miss any info?
thetwlo
wow. perhaps the first module I wouldn't buy based on it's looks--always thought that was silly.. didn't care what it looked like. ...I guess the Lucky Charms diarrhea look is too much for me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8