MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge news!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Serge news!!!
Francesco
http://www.73-75.com/

I found this site...
Miley Cyrus
johnchantler
YES!

great this is going this way and that price is proper!

very excited for this.
Francesco
The panels seem to be really good configurations and price is right.
I'm really curious if they are smt or t.h.
jjsynth
Wow. These panels really look great. hyper
johnchantler
Francesco wrote:

I'm really curious if they are smt or t.h.

the original thread on 99musik suggested he was going to try and layout the boards in SMT, so i'd say that is what the production panels are at least...

for reference: http://www.99musik.se/showthread.php?311857-Serge-Byggtråd/page25
Synesthesia
This is awesome smile loving it smile and it's from Zthee, so licensed like the TKB I imagine.

Brilliant. applause
vgermuse
Woo-hoo! What a great project and offering! SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo w00t
amnesia
Are the prices BUILT or DIY?
johnchantler
the first three panels are built.

there are also two different ones available DIY.
amnesia
well if the are built count me in!
deltaphoenix
WOW!
The prices for the pre-built panel include VAT so those are very nicely priced for US people (unless we have some crazy tariff enacted by the time these are released).
I wonder about power for the panels since that didn't seem to be mentioned.

One could get these 3 panels and maybe a Random Source panel and have a really rad system.
johnchantler
deltaphoenix wrote:
WOW!

"This fall we’re launching two sets of panels, followed by a third panel at the beginning next year. Panels are all mounted on a sleek aluminum chassi with internal PSU."

hopefully it's something that takes 100—240 v
jjsynth
It says prebuild panels include a power supply....
deltaphoenix
johnchantler wrote:
deltaphoenix wrote:
WOW!

"This fall we’re launching two sets of panels, followed by a third panel at the beginning next year. Panels are all mounted on a sleek aluminum chassi with internal PSU."

hopefully it's something that takes 100—240 v

I guess my excitement dampened my reading comprehension lol Thanks

Still, I wonder if there is any kind of "elegant" solution for people that buy multiple panels. IDK, a daisy chained plug solution so that you need only one plug.
MechaSeb
Holly shit.
Count me in for sure !
dandandan
So excited for this!
phonkmeister
This is great and I want one yesterday.
(also, the timing is great because I don't have any money left now wink )
Ambientdreaming
Those sound examples sound amazing, A really big sound. Very interesting.
SoundPool
So I'm sure the dual panel kit will sell out in two seconds so there is a slim chance of even getting a hold of one, but one thing I'm wondering about using this as a stand alone set up maybe some folks more familiar with the classic modules could clarify....

I suppose it isn't meant to be a final complete system so I don't expect it to do EVERYTHING, but with no filters or noise is there a way some of these modules can be patched to cover that which maybe I don't know about? Can the slews be used at least for low pass filtering like the later slopes can be? Or the envelope generators? Is there a noise source somewhere I'm not seeing? Closest I could guess and don't know if it would work would be trying something similar to when you tune an osc as high as it will go then FM it with a couple different signals and you get a sort of colored noise.

Old school Sergers have any insights?
njdoyle
Can someone help explain the jack colour scheme of these systems? It doesn't seem to follow the scheme I see on STS systems. Inputs and outputs seem to share the same colours? I'm bad at deciphering paperface graphics.
andrewF
SoundPool wrote:
So I'm sure the dual panel kit will sell out in two seconds so there is a slim chance of even getting a hold of one, but one thing I'm wondering about using this as a stand alone set up maybe some folks more familiar with the classic modules could clarify....

I suppose it isn't meant to be a final complete system so I don't expect it to do EVERYTHING, but with no filters or noise is there a way some of these modules can be patched to cover that which maybe I don't know about? Can the slews be used at least for low pass filtering like the later slopes can be? Or the envelope generators? Is there a noise source somewhere I'm not seeing? Closest I could guess and don't know if it would work would be trying something similar to when you tune an osc as high as it will go then FM it with a couple different signals and you get a sort of colored noise.

Old school Sergers have any insights?

you need to look more closely, there is a noise module and a filter module. The serge 73 filter is simply awesome. The EG and Pos/Neg Slews are not really used as filters but can be used as VCOs, envelope followers and envelope generators. The EG is one of Serge's best designs, I use it way more than the DUSG, it is just an EG but it does things hihi

These panels look just fantastic, I'd be buying them all except I already have 20 panels of cloned vintage Serge modules w00t

Oh yeh - Lots of guides and descriptions of early Serge modules HERE
johnchantler
SoundPool wrote:

I suppose it isn't meant to be a final complete system so I don't expect it to do EVERYTHING, but with no filters or noise is there a way some of these modules can be patched to cover that which maybe I don't know about?

First module on the left of the control panel is noise: white, pink and 'dirty saw' which is great for feeding the SSG as a random voltage generator.

the fourth module from the left of the voice panel is a multi-mode filter. it sounds great (at least the CGS one i have the original harvard ones sound great) and can be pinged nicely with the Q up high (though probably with less control than the VCFQ)

njdoyle wrote:
Can someone help explain the jack colour scheme of these systems? It doesn't seem to follow the scheme I see on STS systems. Inputs and outputs seem to share the same colours? I'm bad at deciphering paperface graphics.

graphics:
triangle = input
square = output
triangular knob = level
round knob = attenuator/attenuverter for input

see the '76 manual for more: http://serge.synth.net/documents/1976sergemanual.pdf

jacks:
red = trigger/gate
grey = dc (same as blue on most serge)
black = ac
green = other
SoundPool
ah sorry I should clarify, I meant specifically just the dual Homebuilt system excluding the single panels
djangosfire
MY ASS IS BLEEDING WOW !!!!!!! SlayerBadger!
cycad73
wow -- really needed at this point!
prices are great...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8