MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

73-75 Serge panels from Zthee
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author 73-75 Serge panels from Zthee
lasesentaysiete
also, hopefully the plastic shaft pots aren't a let down as far as stability goes.
GrantB
DJBRUTAL wrote:
cygmu wrote:
One pcb for two panels, though? Crumbs.

Hopefully that's just for prototyping.

+1 I like a case with a gentle swoop in it. Sadly, I was just now building one and the bearing on my router bit seized and blew up, taking a giant bite out of my gentle swoop #$*&#^$@*&^!1!!!!
didahdrieghe
Anyone got an idea when these will be available?
sduck
I was under the impression that he was getting out of the DIY kit business. He's removed everything from his sales site.
lasesentaysiete
didahdrieghe wrote:
Anyone got an idea when these will be available?

the other thread says August. Apparently a direct quote from Jon (zthee)
mome rath
oh no now I have to get back to DIYing
efexor
sduck wrote:
I was under the impression that he was getting out of the DIY kit business. He's removed everything from his sales site.

Go to: www.73-75.com
pre55ure
:Edit for new info:
I emailed about the DIY kits about a month ago and never got a response.
seriously, i just don't get it

(Just got a response today - July 11, said that the DIY stuff will be posted when it's ready. There's no signup list or anything)
Jonachi
Panels are for sale over at 73-75.com since last friday.

Build thread coming soon!
realitycontrol
A photo of the DIY panels has recently been shared on the 99musik forums.

Looks pretty slick if you ask me.
Heavy Metal Kid
Neat!
tojpeters
So if you need to replace a pot you need to desolder every jack first? How is that easier than panel wiring?
yan6
What vco is that, its too bad there is only one and no filter hmmm.....
CLee
yan6 wrote:

You need to get with the Serge way of thinking. You have at least 3 Oscillators there, both the Slews can loop. Possibly the EGs also, I'm not familiar with them. Also the Slews can be used as a filter, I use my DUSGs as filters all the time. It's all about patch programing.

They may not be 1v/Oct, but that's not what the early Serge stuff is about.
yan6
CLee wrote:
yan6 wrote:

You need to get with the Serge way of thinking. You have at least 3 Oscillators there, both the Slews can loop. Possibly the EGs also, I'm not familiar with them. Also the Slews can be used as a filter, I use my DUSGs as filters all the time. It's all about patch programing.

They may not be 1v/Oct, but that's not what the early Serge stuff is about.

I had no idea the DUSG could be a filter, I just tried and its not too bad. The rolloff isnt as smooth as a filter but still fairly good.

Also had no idea that the slew's could go into audio range. Those are two module I dont have yet (still waiting to be built hihi)

I still have much to learn in the serge world thumbs up
cygmu
tojpeters wrote:
So if you need to replace a pot you need to desolder every jack first? How is that easier than panel wiring?

I guess you can use long wires for the jacks so that the panel can be lifted away from the boards.

One funny thing is that the pots on the BOM don't seem to have threaded bushings, so they won't be secured to the panel, which might make it a bit wobbly in use. On the other hand it will be a bit quicker to remove if something needs fixing.

Hmm, seems like it might just be easier to use panel-mounted pots and wire this the old fashioned way.
efexor
[/quote]Hmm, seems like it might just be easier to use panel-mounted pots and wire this the old fashioned way.[/quote]

Yeah, think that's the most logic solution.
Kenny Meinzinger
I've pulled the trigger on ordering this. This will be my entry into the Serge world so I'm not sure I will stray from the BOM and build guide, but I was thinking the pots look flimsy, and see that it was mentioned here already. I'm sure there are some Serge builders here with thoughts on this. What say you?
realitycontrol
The RK09 are some of the smoothest I've used before. They're not as sturdy as panel mounted alpha's, sure. But I do feel that their quality is higher than some panel mounted pots.

If you were to upgrade to Alpha's, be aware that the panel mounting difference may be slightly different and they will set you back an extra £40 at least.
igormpc
patch programing:

where can i get more info about some other modules on HOMEBUILT?
peak and trough, comparator, dual processor, pos/neg slew?

a friend suggests that would be nice a dedicated S&H on this diy, and i was asking myself: can someone program a s&h with these modules? hmmm.....
mOBiTh
shit, why am i so poor right now Dead Banana
rompler808
Question on the Homebuilt panels. What are the modules to the farthest right?

Guessing the upper one is an audio out and the lower one (Adapter) some way to bring in audio/signal from 3.5mm.

cygmu
The rightmost module is a preamp of some sort, I think.
seal_cobblr
igormpc wrote:
patch programing:

where can i get more info about some other modules on HOMEBUILT?
peak and trough, comparator, dual processor, pos/neg slew?

a friend suggests that would be nice a dedicated S&H on this diy, and i was asking myself: can someone program a s&h with these modules? hmmm.....

There are links with documentation further down the 73-75 page. Here. Courtesy of Ken Stone. You can find info on all the modules in the HOMEBUILD ind the document 'Serge Modular Synthesizer by Bill Eldridge 1989. PDF 4072k'
realitycontrol
What's everyone planning on using to feed +/-15V into the one inch punch PSU board?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 2 of 10