MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

73-75 Serge panels from Zthee
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author 73-75 Serge panels from Zthee
Jonachi
Zthee has been busy! Old school serge's on the way!

http://www.73-75.com/
Reese P. Dubin
Nice that someone of sound mind is doing the old school panels now.
Seems like a really fair price if the quality is consistent with his TKB clone.
Antlerface
Funny I was thinking about the OG shit like two days ago. Here it is
user129
Beautiful!

applause
GryphonP3
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
someone of sound mind

hihi

Price is 4500 SEK for the DIY version of both panels (together) which comes out to around $/EU 500. Not bad for panels and pcbs for two full panels! I expect 45 will sell out quickly.
ablearcher
My big question is if this will include schematics. Oh, and panel wiring.

CGS/elby/panther did, random source does not. Though I guess with these modules the cgs schematics may be enough.

If it has schematics included and panel pcbs so I do not have to do any wiring this will finally pull me into the banana world. It's peanut butter jelly time! Dead Banana
lasesentaysiete
ablearcher wrote:
Oh, and panel wiring.

man, I hope not.
Reese P. Dubin
Based on there being PCB mounting hardware on the front panel, I would nearly 100% guarantee 100% panel wiring. Price is also pretty low for a second gigantic PCB just for hardware. ALSO these are only 6 spaces vertically, not a great deal of wiring honestly.
GryphonP3
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
Based on there being PCB mounting hardware on the front panel, I would nearly 100% guarantee 100% panel wiring. Price is also pretty low for a second gigantic PCB just for hardware. ALSO these are only 6 spaces vertically, not a great deal of wiring honestly.

Really. Shouldn't be afraid of a wiring job on these modules. It should only take one or two solid sittings to finish a panel like this. Its not that scary once you have spent your first hour or so getting the hang of it. Plus it lets you make mods if you want, with pull pots and all that smile one of my favorite things to do with any serge panels.
lasesentaysiete
GryphonP3 wrote:
Shouldn't be afraid of a wiring job on these modules. It should only take one or two solid sittings to finish a panel like this. Its not that scary once you have spent your first hour or so getting the hang of or.

not scary, just tedious.
the bad producer
It's all one PCB AFAIK:

(I like wiring, maybe cos I think of it as something you can do that is about getting it better and being neat and creative rather than a chore to be done; about arranging flow, I kind of think of it as 3D doodling - and yeah, mods, different panels, additions etc etc)
GrantB
Man, Z likes his big black pcbs.

I could really use a few of those R8s as separates.
srfnsmy
the bad producer wrote:
It's all one PCB AFAIK:

Wowie! LOOK AT THAATTT

Very Nice
GryphonP3
the bad producer wrote:
It's all one PCB AFAIK:

(I like wiring, maybe cos I think of it as something you can do that is about getting it better and being neat and creative rather than a chore to be done; about arranging flow, I kind of think of it as 3D doodling - and yeah, mods, different panels, additions etc etc)

Extremely elegent design!!! Looks like heaven compared to CGS DUSG PCBs. Hopefully he makes more than the initial announcement.. i see these selling out as fast as his syncussions.
cygmu
GryphonP3 wrote:

Hopefully he makes more than the initial announcement.. i see these selling out as fast as his syncussions.

I just saw this on the 73-75 web site which might cheer everybody up:

Quote:

(Demand for the DIY kits did exceed expectations, we’ll increase the amount of kits offered!)
GryphonP3
cygmu wrote:
GryphonP3 wrote:

Hopefully he makes more than the initial announcement.. i see these selling out as fast as his syncussions.

I just saw this on the 73-75 web site which might cheer everybody up:

Quote:

(Demand for the DIY kits did exceed expectations, we’ll increase the amount of kits offered!)

w00t I'm so over the feeding frenzy for limited run stuff. Thanks Jon!
SoundPool
thats great news- I would like to have a go at these but assumed the chances of getting one was slim to none.
Rod Serling Fan Club
Is it safe to assume the VCO doesn't track well?
the bad producer
yup!
harolddonnelly
Does the HomeBuilt come with it's own internal power supply for the two panels?
Reese P. Dubin
DAMN
could turn these two panels out in one very relaxed weekend, if not one long day.

VERY COOL
Vast_Halo
Well, in terms of tracking, what do you think we can expect? Two octaves I can live with.
the bad producer
No problemo!

cygmu
Hmm, I just realised that the modules in the PCB photo are not the same as the ones mentioned in the web description of the diy panels. So I suppose it's too early to say for sure what the boards would look like, though I wouldn't bet against a variant on what's in the picture obviously.

One pcb for two panels, though? Crumbs.
DJBRUTAL
cygmu wrote:
One pcb for two panels, though? Crumbs.

Hopefully that's just for prototyping.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3