MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reaktor 6 1.3: Kodiak Blocks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Reaktor 6 1.3: Kodiak Blocks
thelizard
Native Instruments announced some upcoming new Blocks for Reaktor 6:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/reaktor -6/blocks/ (scroll down)

They're called the "Kodiak" Blocks. The Curve Sequencer and Morph Filter look especially interesting!
Worwell
Looks great.

"CURVE SEQUENCER
Unashamedly inspired by MASSIVE’s Performer, Curve Sequencer offers complex stepped modulation – perfect for electronic music styles."

DivKid was just asking for something like this in the Control Forge thread.
listentoaheartbeat
We are showing the new Kodiak Blocks at Superbooth, along with an awesome little extra surprise. I invite everyone to come and check them out – I think it's fair to say that these Blocks are pushing the boundaries of the format, both in terms of interface and sound. I am certainly having a lot of fun with them! thumbs up
ignatius
i'd be surprised if they don't push closer to simpler eurorack integration in some way.
Moon Indigo
ignatius wrote:
i'd be surprised if they don't push closer to simpler eurorack integration in some way.

Agree. An affordable standalone unit for sending/receiving multiple channels of CV between Reaktor and hardware is badly needed. Should have built in CV/midi conversion too.
Worwell
Moon Indigo wrote:
ignatius wrote:

Agree. An affordable standalone unit for sending/receiving multiple channels of CV between Reaktor and hardware is badly needed. Should have built in CV/midi conversion too.

The ES-8 works perfectly for this. And there is a CV/Midi converter block. The future is now. Fun times.
Moon Indigo
Worwell wrote:
Moon Indigo wrote:
ignatius wrote:

The ES-8 works perfectly for this. And there is a CV/Midi converter block. The future is now. Fun times.

Agree, and am seriously looking at getting one (an ES-8). But I would be more interested in a standalone unit at a lower price smile
ignatius
Worwell wrote:
Moon Indigo wrote:
ignatius wrote:

no doubt. i'm silent way user and i think ES has a nice line of problem solvers and creative tools.. but NI being NI seems like they'd maybe do a thing w/their name on it to abandon as unsupported hardware in 2 years. razz seriously, i just don't get it (still have Kore2 on the computer over here though)
hermbot
Yeah, I'm incredibly disappointed that the Komplete Audio 6 isn't DC coupled and doesn't work with Reaktor CV Out.

But I've been waiting for some new blocks! So I'll take the good news.
Luap
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
along with an awesome little extra surprise.

Is this known now? I saw the new modules in the sonicstate vid ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGcYQY6KvRU ) but nothing else I don't think?
Moon Indigo
Luap wrote:
along with an awesome little extra surprise.

Is this known now? I saw the new modules in the sonicstate vid ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGcYQY6KvRU ) but nothing else I don't think?

Just watched the Sonic State vid. These look GREAT.
The Space Disco
Love that black and white approach...
martinjuenke
along with an awesome little extra surprise

Think, that "little" surprise were these super trendy fashionable t-shirts which surely look cool with young urban veganites but rather embarassing with beer-belly-shaped middle-aged synthie-nerds.... w00t
Moon Indigo
martinjuenke wrote:

Think, that "little" surprise were these super trendy fashionable t-shirts which surely look cool with young urban veganites but rather embarassing with beer-belly-shaped middle-aged synthie-nerds.... w00t

It's going to be a pencil case with the Reaktor logo on it.
TommyRaddcliff
Worwell wrote:
Moon Indigo wrote:
ignatius wrote:

...but can you do CC to CV?
thelizard
TommyRaddcliff wrote:
Worwell wrote:
Moon Indigo wrote:
ignatius wrote:

Yep! Very easily. One option would be my Meta Control Block in Euro Reakt. Right click on the primary knob and select "MIDI/OSC Learn". Wiggle a knob/slider/whatever on your MIDI controller to map that control to the main knob. There are then a number of outputs that act as independently attenuverted offset generators. You can plug these offsets directly to the ES-8 outputs.
martinjuenke
Moon Indigo wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:

It's going to be a pencil case with the Reaktor logo on it.

What a pity, missed that when visiting Sooperbooth
listentoaheartbeat
martinjuenke wrote:

We definitely should have brought more XL (didn't even get one myself)! lol

Not the surprise I was referring to though.
roger
so the surprise ist, that there was no surprise or that you are not telling us the surprise? hmmm.....

btw presonous has a new thunderbolt audio interface which is dc coupled, called the Quantum.
listentoaheartbeat
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTG1FCRB0Lr/
kall

Yes! I can give up my hacked together version of the standard maschine sequencer block. Looks like it was using the faders as meters in some form as well? Will it be part of the 1.3 update or in the UL like the other Maschine Sequencer?
listentoaheartbeat
kall wrote:

Yes! I can give up my hacked together version of the standard maschine sequencer block. Looks like it was using the faders as meters in some form as well?

In this version, the meters show activity and the touch strips control velocity.

kall wrote:
Will it be part of the 1.3 update or in the UL like the other Maschine Sequencer?

The 1.3 update is all about the new Kodiak Blocks. The Maschine Jam Sequencer was shown as a work in progress, so stay tuned. smile
TommyRaddcliff
thelizard wrote:
TommyRaddcliff wrote:
Worwell wrote:
Moon Indigo wrote:
ignatius wrote:

Yep! Very easily. One option would be my Meta Control Block in Euro Reakt. Right click on the primary knob and select "MIDI/OSC Learn". Wiggle a knob/slider/whatever on your MIDI controller to map that control to the main knob. There are then a number of outputs that act as independently attenuverted offset generators. You can plug these offsets directly to the ES-8 outputs.

SICK!
ya, i got an ES8, and I've done it with silent way [evaluating demo]. pretty solid. but i like some of the features that come with blocks.

i wish there was a usable demo. i have Kontrol, but it came with my controller. in the version of reaktor that i have, the edit button is disabled. so i can only use the presets. can't make any of my own setups.

id LOVE to try blocks to see if thats the one for me. there are a few that are pretty good.
Moon Indigo
TommyRaddcliff wrote:
thelizard wrote:
TommyRaddcliff wrote:
Worwell wrote:
Moon Indigo wrote:
ignatius wrote:

SICK!
ya, i got an ES8, and I've done it with silent way [evaluating demo]. pretty solid. but i like some of the features that come with blocks.

i wish there was a usable demo. i have Kontrol, but it came with my controller. in the version of reaktor that i have, the edit button is disabled. so i can only use the presets. can't make any of my own setups.

id LOVE to try blocks to see if thats the one for me. there are a few that are pretty good.

Buy it second hand and sell if you don't click with it? That said, I have heard of few if any people regretting buying Reaktor.
Nielsen
Moon Indigo wrote:
TommyRaddcliff wrote:
thelizard wrote:
TommyRaddcliff wrote:
Worwell wrote:
Moon Indigo wrote:
ignatius wrote:

SICK!

Buy it second hand and sell if you don't click with it? That said, I have heard of few if any people regretting buying Reaktor.

Reaktor is perfect companion for your Eurorack AND the most versatile VST synth in know. Working on patches on your laptop, bring them in your studio, expand them with your Eurorack. Wonderful. And it's a growing system - by the NI and the big community. If you're in sound design and don't hesitate to invest some time, I won't see any arguments against it.

The new blocks are a welcome addition since they obviously deliver some new grounds which aren't already covered.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5