MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frap Tools dual 16 bands analog fixed filter bank: FUMANA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Frap Tools dual 16 bands analog fixed filter bank: FUMANA
Acquadar
This is FUMANA, a dual 16 bands analog fixed filter bank. For 16 bands or dual 8 bands spectrum transfer, dynamic VC equalization, bands peak/notch scanning, and more.
The Illuminaire
It is beautiful!
Paranormal Patroler
Oh wow, I passed by the FRAP booth today but I didn't pay attention. I most certainly will camp there tomorrow hihi
richc90
Oooo, pretty. Been interested in picking up a filter bank for a while now and this might be a strong contender along with the Bark... The Envelope Followers should be at the top though!
blinosynth
fraptool please dont ask 110000$$$ for this meh
so beautiful love
exper
Wonder what the differences are between this, the Sputnik one and Verbos one?
Artaos
Your designs are breathtaking. I will be following this closely.
mdoudoroff
There’s already a page up for it on their web site.

http://frap.tools/portfolio/fumana/

Looks like they’re taking their shot at some nice CV animation features, but no attempt at the morphing of the 296e.

Animation features looks slightly more flexible than the Verbos Bark (and it’s 16 bands instead of 12) and significantly more elaborated than the Sputnik, which doesn’t seem to do tilt.
norde
waiting for videos! and sound!
Lsd911
These guys are so good at making modules that look like works of art.
phonkmeister
My friends that went to Superbooth said that not only the design is beautiful, but also the sound and the possibilities. I'm really looking forward to an audio/video demo, because, as I usually say: audio+video or didn't happen.

This is potentially the most interesting announce of Superbooth (together with the Soundmachines Arches and the 4ms thingies).
Tonemod
norde wrote:
waiting for videos! and sound!

We need to see this in action woah
phonkmeister
The only thing I found, for now, is this one.

http://instagram.com/p/BTL2SCQF9p3/

(I couldn't manage to embed it)
sentimentalist
phonkmeister wrote:
The only thing I found, for now, is this one.

http://instagram.com/p/BTL2SCQF9p3/

(I couldn't manage to embed it)

The meaning of such a demonstration is a mystery to me. hmmm.....
But maybe Fraptools wants to screw down the high expectations a bit ... angry
blacklight
exper wrote:
Wonder what the differences are between this, the Sputnik one and Verbos one?

I talked to them a lot during superbooth yesterday, the 16 bands are 48db (yes fucking 48db) there are 16 of them and you get control over odd and even bands with single VCA imputs for the bands and evnvelope followers too.

The guys at frap tools are very dedicated to quality from what I got from talking to them, especially the guy who does all the technical side of the modules, the bands don't emphasize any frequency so you get really musical results.

Also it sounds very VERY good.
RussiaZero23
Any word on cost?

Also Availability from the actual guy's at superbooth
richc90
RussiaZero23 wrote:
Also Availability from the actual guy's at superbooth

It says after summer on their website.
RussiaZero23
I just added it to modular grid.

Yeah I saw that is said ships after this summer but If any one is at Superbooth they can ask the question in person to get a better idea when it will be available in the USA at one of the many stores here. That is what I ment, sorry.
CopperHydra
Very excited for this. Would love to hear it processing something other than an oscillator so Fraptools, if you read this, I'd love to hear a field recording or two sent through this thing. Maybe even a drum. Thanks.
Stereotactixxx
This looks dope!
I think we all should have realistic expectations about the price though, it ain't gonna be cheap with a 16 band vocoder with that much control.
blacklight
CopperHydra wrote:
Very excited for this. Would love to hear it processing something other than an oscillator so Fraptools, if you read this, I'd love to hear a field recording or two sent through this thing. Maybe even a drum. Thanks.

At the show I heard a demo with voice samples going through it and it sounded really good, separating odd and even bands with it sounded great as well ( probably because of the amount of bands)

You are right though they need better demos, I think it's because they finished the prototype in the hotel room for suoerbooth and didn't have much time to prepare
simonefabbri
blacklight wrote:
CopperHydra wrote:

At the show I heard a demo with voice samples going through it and it sounded really good, separating odd and even bands with it sounded great as well ( probably because of the amount of bands)

You are right though they need better demos, I think it's because they finished the prototype in the hotel room for suoerbooth and didn't have much time to prepare

Indeed! The superbooth this year has been impressively "dense" for us, we'll try to arrange something on the fly in these days at the MEFF in Florence, or in the next weeks smile
ben_hex
I got a great demo of this from simonefabbri and I have video to come as soon as I can. It's actually 32 bands! There's two layers to this so that you can 16 band vocoding, with the second "hidden layer".
blinosynth
something wonderful we're not worthy
ben_hex wrote:
I got a great demo of this from simonefabbri and I have video to come as soon as I can. It's actually 32 bands! There's two layers to this so that you can 16 band vocoding, with the second "hidden layer".
richc90
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4