MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

JoMoX AlphaBase new drum box
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author JoMoX AlphaBase new drum box
EMwhite
This came out of nowhere. I used to have an XBase08 with the XROM add-on and liked it a lot. Quirky, but still. Always wanted one of the higher end JoMoX boxes but never had the $$.

Recently, I bought a DrumBrute and while I like it a bunch, it doesn't come near what this can do. Luckily, this cost about 4x the cost : ) of the DrumBrute so no regrets other than not being wealthy.

Enjoy...

Luap
EMwhite wrote:
This came out of nowhere.


Almost hihi
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=172541&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=0

Does look good tho..
dubonaire
Looks awesome. As I 999 owner I want this, but I'm totally put off by the fact that he never properly supports the products he releases and OS updates are always a massive headache. Also my 999 is starting to get flaky step buttons and he seems to be using exactly the same hardware.
xonetacular
sounds awesome

I'm always put off by the interfaces though. Ive had a jomox modbase09 for a bit and find the interface of even that pretty opaque.
ignatius
Luap wrote:
EMwhite wrote:
This came out of nowhere.


Almost hihi
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=172541&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=0

Does look good tho..


lol. it's been on the radar a long time.

looking forward to more details and sounds. i like the heart of the sound engines of jomox stuff but haven't spent enough time w/them to get into how they work.
dubonaire
ignatius wrote:
looking forward to more details and sounds. i like the heart of the sound engines of jomox stuff but haven't spent enough time w/them to get into how they work.


The other thing I like about the Jomox is the timing, the sequencer has some mojo if you ask me.
minimalist
I'd love this too but would prefer if there was also a 1U rack mount version. I had an XBase09 which I loved but I replaced it with an Airbase99 as I wanted a better sequencer. Jomox sound is great though and I don't mind the high price when supporting such a small operation. The world needs more people like Jurgen.
rowsbywoof
Love his products, but yeah, Jurgen sort of abandons things. Still makes some incredible stuff, with some questionable parts wink
Trigga
wow, this looks great. Jomox got the best kicks... However, sold my 888 back in the days ...
Nielsen
Yes, it sounds awesome. But 1699€? That's a lot of money for this [irony] super intuitive [/irony] user interface...
rowsbywoof
Nielsen wrote:
Yes, it sounds awesome. But 1699€? That's a lot of money for this [irony] super intuitive [/irony] user interface...


I don't know, Nielsen... You saw you could chain patterns, right?

Haha, he kind of threw Nick on that one. Took him a second to register that was all he wanted to show him.

Still. Sounds good.
peripatitis
one parameter per step per track is kind of limited though..
ignatius
peripatitis wrote:
one parameter per step per track is kind of limited though..


seems a strange limitation these days.. though architecture and processor and analog nature of it may be reason for that? i have no idea really.
GrantB
rowsbywoof wrote:
Nielsen wrote:
Yes, it sounds awesome. But 1699€? That's a lot of money for this [irony] super intuitive [/irony] user interface...


I don't know, Nielsen... You saw you could chain patterns, right?

Haha, he kind of threw Nick on that one. Took him a second to register that was all he wanted to show him.

Still. Sounds good.


Seems simple, but it's a massive improvement on the 888/999
dubonaire
ignatius wrote:
peripatitis wrote:
one parameter per step per track is kind of limited though..


seems a strange limitation these days.. though architecture and processor and analog nature of it may be reason for that? i have no idea really.


I'm speculating, but I think his design philosophy has always been about making awesome sounding machines with not too many tricks. I keep coming back to my 999 for kicks and certain percussion elements because I can't get anything else to sound as good. Which is why this appeals to me. But as I and rowsbywoof have mentioned, he leaves things unfinished. If this proves to be more stable than the 999 I may get it.
IR
The new demos they put on their site sound really good. They had an earlier page, which they took down, and it didn't sound as good.
alternating.bit
Sounds sweet and since I've always associated Jomox drum synths as a thing of the past and slightly hard to come by its nice to see a new product. While watching the initial video I started to feel sad I just bought my MFB Tanzmaus... then I found out the price point of the Jomox and realized it costs almost 4 times as much lol. Back to enjoying me Tanzmaus which seems to have a bit of a grittier sound which I love.
ignatius
there's another 30 minute demo w/good audio and man.. this thing sounds really punchy and electronic as fuck. punchy punchy punchy!

blue_lu
It does sound great, although I am not a fan of the super punchy kick drum. I wonder if it can do softer 808 style kicks as well. Formfactor is cool! I just wish it had some "quirky stuff" going on, like real time sample rate reduction... the sequencer seems groovy but quite vanilla.
ignatius
blue_lu wrote:
It does sound great, although I am not a fan of the super punchy kick drum. I wonder if it can do softer 808 style kicks as well. Formfactor is cool! I just wish it had some "quirky stuff" going on, like real time sample rate reduction... the sequencer seems groovy but quite vanilla.


i borrowed a Mbase01 drum module thing for a while and it's certainly a very capable BD synth. it can do a lot. softer to puffy and slamming and edgy to clicky and dub sub etc.. really nice imo. BD is something people have very strong opinions about but i was impressed w/the mbase01 and like it a lot. i made like 200 kick drums and sampler the thing before i gave it back.

i'd be OK w/this thing as just a sound module. 3u desktop style. no sequencer. bunch of knobs for parameter editing.
blue_lu
The longer I look at it (and hear it) I have to admit : It IS quite a sexy box of techno/house.
tIB
The jomox drummers sound great- solid, punchy and flexible. Vaguely interested in how the interface / sequencer has developed, not that i can afford this anyways.
dubonaire
alternating.bit wrote:
Sounds sweet and since I've always associated Jomox drum synths as a thing of the past and slightly hard to come by its nice to see a new product. While watching the initial video I started to feel sad I just bought my MFB Tanzmaus... then I found out the price point of the Jomox and realized it costs almost 4 times as much lol. Back to enjoying me Tanzmaus which seems to have a bit of a grittier sound which I love.


I'm totally freaked out that you see Jomox as a thing of the past. Especially when it's newer than Roland or Yamaha.
Trigga
Great demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=mIFkTZOuGlA

But the price waah
Zerius
Really awesome drum machine sounding but totally unaffordable for me meh

Now it makes me consider to buy the 999 !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group