MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8 expansion question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 expansion question
ccastellanossf
If I understand correctly, adding something like an ES-3 or ES-6 to an ES-8 is as simple as connecting them via the ADAT ports or the expansion headers. The new analog i/o ports would instantly be available on my computer (e.g. in Max/MSP) via the ES-8 USB connection right? Are there any advantages to using ADAT vs the ES-8 expansion headers? Any known issues with clocking or latency?

Thanks
os
The connection is via the ADAT ports. The expansion header is only used if you want to add an ES-6 without an ES-3 (to provide clock to the ES-6).
ccastellanossf
os wrote:
The connection is via the ADAT ports. The expansion header is only used if you want to add an ES-6 without an ES-3 (to provide clock to the ES-6).

Makes sense, thanks.
KushGod
os wrote:

Any chances of an ES-6 style expansion for outputs rather than inputs?
os
That would be the ES-3.
mhult
I am a very happy owner of an ES-8 USB. This thing is fantastic. I have it connected to my computer using ADAT, and mostly use it together with Reaktor Blocks inside Ableton Live, with CV, gate, and audio signals from Reaktor routed to modular hardware through the ES-8. I also use the audio inputs of the ES-8 to bring audio back into the DAW.

However, as I add more voices to my modular setup i find that the four audio inputs of the ES-8 are not enough. What would be the most efficient way to expand the ES-8 to utilise all 8 audio inputs of the ADAT link?

I have of course other audio input channels in the RME HDSPe in my computer, but would prefer to use the ADAT link from the ES-8 already present in the modular case, since that would be neater, cable-wise.
os
An ES-6 and perhaps an ES-7 would be the answer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1