MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla-compatible adaptations of Mutable modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Buchla-compatible adaptations of Mutable modules
cuttooth
Fantastic to see the site up, congrats! So happy to be that much closer to enjoying these modules.
jimfowler
sempervirent wrote:
That's something Northern Light was working on. Different company, different opinions on ergonomics.

My bad. Didn't mean to confuse you folks. Looking forward to hearing what this can do in context.
ArguZ
jimfowler wrote:
Looks great! So did the H-sized DIY version of the Rings (hRI?) adaptation get scrapped? I was excited to have a pair of Rings in one module's space.

- Jim

It has proven to be a complex beast..
It is also one of the most dense Mutables and we do not see fit for the DIY crowd as it is now.
We have two working prototypes but then again there in only so much much time in a day and we also wanted to focus on our own designs.
Pailo
sempervirent wrote:
The new 1979 website is up and preorders for the DR and SMP are open:

https://1979.ws/digital-resonator/
https://1979.ws/stereo-microsound-processor/

Great Job! hyper
sparks
YAY! Ordered! w00t
Lewis#
just ordered the resonator - looking forward to hear it ...
ws9848
I just pre ordered the smp. It looks like I’ll probably have to get the DAO pretty soon too. These look pretty cool!
anomie
I was saving funds for the DAO, and now you hit me with this. Rings in Buchla looks very cool applause
mutierend
Preordered the SMP. Breaking out the hidden features and simplifying the bank selection were huge selling points for me.
Siren
Ok, so no food and shelter this month - just ordered the resonator and the SMP.
sempervirent
Just wanted to post an update... first of all, huge thanks to everyone who has preordered. I know that it's taken some time for these modules to come together and I appreciate the patience and support.

We're probably looking at late April rather than early April but things are moving forward on the production front. Starting to work on some demo clips, here are screen captures. Will start posting some demos soon.

Work continues on the other Mutable adaptations previously announced (Elements, Frames, Grids) plus some others (Stages, Marbles, Plaits) and plenty of new stuff too. No shortage of ideas lately!

Also 1979 is now on Facebook and Instagram if you're into that sort of thing.

cuttooth
sempervirent wrote:
Just wanted to post an update...

Greatly appreciated! Still really looking forward to these.
mutierend
I am anxious to get my SMP, but I am patient for the quality of your work!
ws9848
How are the demos coming along?
Lewis#
Hi please give us an update on estimated shipping date.
Thanks.
sempervirent
Lewis# wrote:
Hi please give us an update on estimated shipping date.
Thanks.

Will start shipping next week, both modules (SMP and DR) are in final QA/testing.

ws9848 wrote:
How are the demos coming along?

I'll post some demos once the modules are shipping.
Lewis#
Great thanks!
sempervirent
The good news: DR and SMP modules are here!

The bad news: my assembler used red jacks instead of orange for all the pulse inputs!

Some rework will be needed before shipping. I'm starting with the DRs, preorders for those will go out on Tuesday (Monday is a USPS holiday). It will be a few more days before any preorders that include the SMP will be shipped. Apologies for the delays but we're almost there.
jimfowler
Can’t wait to hear the digital resonator in action!
ws9848
I see the SMP is available on the website. Does that mean the preorders are shipping? Should I have been notified or anything? Will there be tracking info or will it just show up?
sempervirent
Yes, both modules are available now. Getting preorders shipped out ASAP. All shipments include USPS tracking, you'll get a notification by email with tracking info when the shipping label is created.
ws9848
Thanks!
@green
In reference to the Temporal Pattern Generator, I’m curious how the output triggers and accents will translate to buchla standards? I.e., on the original modules they both output +5v with a duration of 1ms in the default (trigger) setting or for the entire duration of the clock’s positive cycle in gate mode.
sempervirent
I don't plan to change much about how the outputs work (other than boosting the output levels to +10V across the board).

The first TPG prototype could trigger just about anything in my 200r system. The 1ms timing should not be a problem, the Pendulum/Ratchet for example also generates 1ms pulses and it will also trigger just about anything in my 200r system.

As you mention, the Grids firmware offers a choice of 1ms triggers or gated pulses of an arbitrary length and I think that's flexible enough for most use cases.
@green
sempervirent wrote:
I don't plan to change much about how the outputs work (other than boosting the output levels to +10V across the board).

The first TPG prototype could trigger just about anything in my 200r system. The 1ms timing should not be a problem, the Pendulum/Ratchet for example also generates 1ms pulses and it will also trigger just about anything in my 200r system.

As you mention, the Grids firmware offers a choice of 1ms triggers or gated pulses of an arbitrary length and I think that's flexible enough for most use cases.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m intrigued how this would play out with my selection of modules. The point of my post was to see if you planned on using the 200 series Pulse standard of a 10v spike followed by 5v sustaining gate or even the old 200 standard of a 15v spike followed by 7.5v gate in any of the modes. Good to hear the prototype is triggering just about anything you’ve tested it with. Have you tried the 245/246r and 266r?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 8 of 9