MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla-compatible adaptations of Mutable modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Buchla-compatible adaptations of Mutable modules
Synesthesia
nanners
Drillionaire
sempervirent wrote:
Not planning to offer a DIY option... see the unsuccessful Mutable DIY builds thread for a few reasons why.

What about providing the gerbers for people who want to order their own PCBs?
pichenettes
Drillionaire wrote:

These Buchla adaptations are a derivative of the original PCBs, which means they'll have to be released under the cc-by-sa licence, which means anybody will be free to grab the files, convert to Gerber and have the boards made somewhere.
Drillionaire
pichenettes wrote:
Drillionaire wrote:

These Buchla adaptations are a derivative of the original PCBs, which means they'll have to be released under the cc-by-sa licence, which means anybody will be free to grab the files, convert to Gerber and have the boards made somewhere.

I thought the same thing about the Northern Light Modular Ornament + Crime buchla-format module, but all they released were PNG files of the eagle documents. Unless they've released more documentation since the last time I looked. I can't say I'm an expert on the CC-SA license though.
Synesthesia
Hey Drillionnaire,

I can't say I am an expert either - which is why we haven't rushed into releasing our files and went to Max for guidance- as we have an agreement with him.

We will release our gerber files - after a few modifications, to clearly show that any PCB's made wouldn't be the same that we use for built modules ( Serial Number field etc.)
malnatim
pichenettes wrote:
Drillionaire wrote:

thank you for clearing that up oliver. i hope you're receiving some payment for the built modules.
pichenettes
Quote:
i hope you're receiving some payment for the built modules.

I am not... but I don't care.

I would be bothered, though, if Grayscale used countermeasures to prevent other people from benefiting from their work (such as publishing their "sources" as non-editable image files instead of CAD files).
sempervirent
The PCB design files will be shared in their native formats, along with any modified source code.

This is mentioned in the first post of the thread, although if "source files" seemed ambiguous, hopefully that's clarified now.
pichenettes
Quote:
The PCB design files will be shared in their native formats, along with any modified source code.

And that, gentlemen, is how it should be done!
cuttooth
sempervirent wrote:

Top shelf! cool
sempervirent

Dual Algorithmic Oscillator is ready for preorder. Estimated price is going to be $750, shipping in 6-8 weeks. If you want to get on the waiting list, please send a PM with your email address and location.

Digital Resonator is going to need another prototype, so that one is pushed back by a few more weeks. Modal Synthesis Voice is being tested out now. The others are still being prototyped, but moving forward.
cuttooth
Appreciate the update; thanks!
sempervirent
Now taking preorders for the Dual Algorithmic Oscillator... with many other modules in the queue, this will be a limited run. The preorder is $250 with the remainder due when the module is ready to ship (sometime in October).

If you're still on the fence, here's a Krell patch from Todd Barton (who was kind enough to spend some time testing it out last week) that uses the DAO:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BX6QpQZHTTU/
djangosfire
Had the rare chance to try out the Buchla format “Dual Algorithmic Oscillator” .... and really caught me off guard... freaking AWESOME and perfect addition to the Buchla format we're not worthy

I am uploading a Youtube patch using this module - will post the link in a few.

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
sempervirent
Thanks Adam!

meatcliff
so cool
paranoidmoonduck
That looks amazing. Looking forward to the Rings & Clouds-based modules!
sempervirent
Hey, thanks for the interest.

The second prototype of Digital Resonator is out for beta testing now, hopefully it will be ready soon.

SMP is still in progress, currently making firmware changes to handle the extra hardware. Will post updates as things develop.
InnnerSight
The easel through rings and clouds would be a match made in heaven for me. Great work.
sawersky
Deffo looking forward for all modules.
Amazing work !
sempervirent
sawersky wrote:
Deffo looking forward for all modules.
Amazing work !

Hey, thanks. The DAO modules are being assembled now and should be shipping within the next 2-3 weeks. Will post updates as things come together.
sempervirent
The DAO modules are just about ready. The first batch of panels had silkscreen issues and they are being re-screened this week.

I'll be contacting everyone who preordered over the next few days to very shipping info, etc.

Modules will be calibrated for 1.2V/Oct by default (which is very easy thanks to Olivier's digital calibration schema) but 1V/Oct is possible too.

Synesthesia
sempervirent wrote:

Modules will be calibrated for 1.2V/Oct by default (which is very easy thanks to Olivier's digital calibration schema) but 1V/Oct is possible too.

Braids is so cool for that smile
sparks
sempervirent wrote:
I'll be contacting everyone who preordered over the next few days to very shipping info, etc.

Great! SlayerBadger!
WeepWow
Interested in hearing about the Buchla Mutable Braids et all, when they are available, pricing, etc.
ps-where is cascadia?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 4 of 9