MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Northern Light Modular - What we are working on
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Northern Light Modular - What we are working on
Synesthesia
Hi !

it seems like a good time to be a bit more open with some of our plans.

We have been working on a number of modules, in 4U format... Buchla and Serge.

"We" - is Sascha Haber and Myself - I go by Marc Borri on FB. and in real life wink
in 2016, after a few years with only Serge ( RS modules, Zthee's TKB, Best of CGS Swamp and BOG ) and Buchla clones - I started a new euro system - and was blown away by some of the digital modules out there - O_c, Mutable Instrument, and the all mighty SMR .

Sascha and I decided to team up and adapt a couple of modules into 4U - O_c, Clouds, Rings, Temps Utile. I asked Olivier at the time, which was ok with this ( as long as we didn't call the modules by their MI names ) , and Mxmxmx - which was encouraging and super helpfull .

Our Dual CV Polymorpher (Dual O_c ) prototype was posted already on the forum - the Buchla compatible version,with all the voltages - including pulses suited to the Buchla standard :

and we are looking at a Serge version - Following the LW standards ( Slightly Nasty was kind enough to help - I really like what his coming up with )

Our goal is to offer a limited number of built units ready to play, with a part of the profit going to Mxmxmx. We will be sharing our files and documentations of course, and will be looking at some diy option further down the road.
Synesthesia
The next module we have worked on is ... well i am sure you can guess smile

lasesentaysiete
that Clouds is a stunner!
Synesthesia
we have most of the work done on the clouds pcb - we are at the part placement stage - and then prototyping smile

I use my 208 a lot with my euro clouds ... it's a match made in heaven.
lasesentaysiete
Synesthesia wrote:
we have most of the work done on the clouds pcb - we are at the part placement stage - and then prototyping smile

I use my 208 a lot with my euro clouds ... it's a match made in heaven.

used right, Clouds is awesome with a lot of stuff. I'll build one, for sure!
REcDeso12oi
Woah! So excited for this
phonkmeister
This is actually the most useful of the mutables to have in a buchla rig, I am not really comfortable with the panel layout, but Sascha already knows that. hihi

The 20C is something I really look forward to. Very yummy.
APETECHNOLOGY
i would love to build a diy version of the "clouds".
for serge and buchla!

panel looks great! applause
sinowhy
phonkmeister wrote:
This is actually the most useful of the mutables to have in a buchla rig, I am not really comfortable with the panel layout, but Sascha already knows that. hihi

The 20C is something I really look forward to. Very yummy.

Whats wrong with the clouds layout? Seems great.

How far off would cloudz in buchla form be? Would you guys ever think to do a single O_C module? the serge version looks a little less cramped.
mudlogger
Are these yours also?

phonkmeister
mudlogger wrote:
Are these yours also?

No, these are concepts from grayscale.
Synesthesia
Quote:
How far off would cloudz in buchla form be? Would you guys ever think to do a single O_C module? the serge version looks a little less cramped.

- Clouds! we have the schematics finished ( a couple of modification Vs the originals, replacing eurorack hardware with banana\tiny jacks ). Next is the part placements on the pcb and prototyping.

- Singe O_c : good question smile we didn't think of it, but I'll speak to my partner and crimes.

Quote:
Are these yours also?

phonkmeister is right - this are concepts from Grayscale. We were thinking doing a rings after Clouds, but we might hold off if someone is doing it already... We have decided with Elements smile

We have a slightly more original module cooking, made of a Temps Utile + another trigger generator, closer to some parts of the Pendulum Ratchet.
Citisyn
Definitely interested interested the dual O_c! Can I get on the list for a fully built one?
Synesthesia
Citisyn You can of course wink

Our final PCB's ( finger crossed ) has been ordered yesterday, we received a sample of the metal panel - which was perfect.

I have been playing quite a lot with my own prototype and the 208 - they pair so well!! all O_c's should come in pair - one is simply not enough wink
deltaphoenix
How about a video of that combo?
Synesthesia
deltaphoenix wrote:
How about a video of that combo?

i would have asked the same ahah wink let me work out the logistic.
sawersky
Hi Marc,
I would like to see video too.
Any chance to see more dual O_C in near future?
Synesthesia
There is some more coming for sure!

We are gearing up to build around 20 units - with a new pcb and metal panels. Everything has been ordered - it is just a waiting time at this stage.

Anything specific you would like to see in the video?
synthi
Will be DIY versions too??

It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Timmy
I notice that support for the Northern Lights 4U Buchla-ised dual O&C has just been added to the master O&C firmware code. This means that bug fixes and enhancements for the eurorack O&C firmware will be immediately available for the Buchla 4U version as well - they won't need to be ported across to a separate codebase for the Buchla version. Likewise for the Buchla-enabled eurorack version of the firmware, btw.
kashmir
DIY would be fantastic ! It's peanut butter jelly time!
phonkmeister
Timmy wrote:
I notice that support for the Northern Lights 4U Buchla-ised dual O&C has just been added to the master O&C firmware code. This means that bug fixes and enhancements for the eurorack O&C firmware will be immediately available for the Buchla 4U version as well - they won't need to be ported across to a separate codebase for the Buchla version. Likewise for the Buchla-enabled eurorack version of the firmware, btw.

Wow! This is GREAT! No need for separate firmware, feature parity with euro, this rocks. Really.

Thanks Tim and all of you.

Rockin' Banana!
dopefiend
Synesthesia wrote:

I thought for a second the name was "Nephrologic". Scratched my head and wondered what the Hell it had to do with the kidneys....
Timmy
[quote="dopefiend"]
Synesthesia wrote:

I thought for a second the name was "Nephrologic". Scratched my head and wondered what the Hell it had to do with the kidneys....

A nephelometer is an instrument used to measure the level of fine particulates (dust or smoke) in the air.
Synesthesia
Our panels are done and currently in transit to us wink

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4