MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SoloRack v1.1 FM Osc + more modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author SoloRack v1.1 FM Osc + more modules
s0lo
Update: Version 1.1 has been released, Details here: http://www.solostuff.net/2017/10/17/solorack-v1-1-released/

It's been almost two years since I started this project and I think it has reached a point where it's ready for public testing. Actually this is very close to the final product, hence the demo mode.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/321006172" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

SoloRack is a modular synthesizer that mimics the usability and functionality of hardware Eurorack modular systems, without imposing restrictions on the sound. Both analog modeled/emulated or pure digital modules are possible. Even experienced Eurorack users will find something new within almost all modules available while keeping familiarity and similarity to Eurorack intact for ease of use and seamless integration into Eurorack systems.

Disclaimer
NONE of the currently available SoloStuff modules are emulations of other hardware manufacturers modules. Please DO NOT assume that these are emulations.

Main features:
- Practically no limit to the number of modules and rack rows that can be added.
- The System B currently comes with a variety of modules. Including Oscillator modules, filters, Amplifiers, Mixers, panner, ADSR, VCLFO, Random-Sample and Hold, Noise module, Delay module, Chorus module, Reverb Module, Ring Modulators, CV sequencer, Trigger sequencer and many more utilities like Input/Ouput modules, MIDI to CV, tempo from DAW, clock divider, logic Tool, switch and CV tools.
- Can work as an effect with multiple inputs and outputs.
- Both 14bit and 7bit MIDI is supported concurrently and automatically without preconfiguration!! (currently using LSB/MSB).
- Polyphony is possible using manual patching as it is done in hardware. Or through the sequencer modules.
- Multichannel MIDI support. Can be used to achieve multi-timbral voices.
- MIDI patch points and MIDI cables routing between modules all working at audio rate!!
- Support for Bi-directional patch points that can work as both inputs or outputs at the same time. As in some Eurorack modules, like switches for example.
- Offers a ridiculous amount of oversampling (up to X256). This is NOT a zero stuffing or interpolation method. This is an actual increase of the internal sampling rate inside the synth. Which means that it can process ultra sonic audio. I provide such features for people who are particular about quality, Not that any current CPU can handle it!!.
- Audio rate modulation of any CV input. The system even allows ultra sonic modulation when oversampling.
- Minimum internal sample block size (1 sample), this gives minimum possible delay between modules.
- Engineered from ground up to be CPU efficient. With optimization done at each level or development, not just at the end.
- Connectivity to modular hardware is supported (including but not limited to Eurorack). With 10 Audio/CV inputs, 12 Audio/CV outputs. (Note: For low frequency CV you will need an interface that has DC coupled inputs/outputs. Or use dedicated modules like the Expert Sleepers(TM) ES-6 and ES-3.
- Currently 220 presets are available (PLUS extra variations).
- More modules are expected to be added. Some of them may be included as part of the System B, others will be sold separately.

More information about each module can be found here http://www.solostuff.net/shop/

Quick start and guidlines:
Please read the ReadMe.txt file.

Known bugs and issues
- In Bitwig, The Reset function of the SA03 (MIDI to CV) module does NOT go to high voltage when you press STOP in Bitwig. This is because bitwig seemingly doesn't behave like other DAWs in the sense that it will not TELL the plugin when it goes to zero position.
- As of now, the beta version saves all configuration/activation in a file called config.ini which is in the same folder where you put SoloRack dll files. Your user account needs to have permission to SAVE to this folder. Make sure you login or run your DAW as an Administrator, or give your account permission on that folder, other wise the beta WILL NOT work or activate properly. It will not even save presets in the presets folder (which is located in the same place).

Price:
The System B is priced at $110.

Download Link:
http://www.solostuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/SoloRackSetup1.001 .zip
werock
Look slike you've done a good job there thumbs up

I can't find any info on system requirements?
s0lo
werock wrote:
Look slike you've done a good job there thumbs up

I can't find any info on system requirements?

Thanks. It's a Windows based vst, Both 32bit and 64bit version provided.
s0lo
Just a note here for Bitwig users. There is an minor issue that has been there for a while:

In Bitwig, The Reset function of the SA03 (MIDI to CV) module does NOT go to high voltage when you press STOP in Bitwig. This is because bitwig seemingly doesn't behave like other DAWs in the sense that it will not TELL the plugin when it goes to zero position.

This has been a long standing issue that I still don't have a solution for. So please adhere to that.
s0lo
Just a note to you guys trying the synth,

As of now, the beta version saves all global configuration and activation in a file called config.ini which is in the same folder where you put SoloRack dll files. Your user account needs to have permission to SAVE to this folder. Make sure you login or run your DAW as an Administrator, other wise the beta WILL NOT work or activate properly. It will not even save presets in the presets folder which is located in the same place.
HowDoIKnow
s0lo

Enjoying wiggling with this...is it possible to enlarge the VST window to get the whole rack to appear - I use a portrait monitor and it would be nice to see everything together, rather than have to scroll up and down within the VST window...I suspect this might be a difficult coding issue though?

hdik
s0lo
HowDoIKnow wrote:
s0lo

Enjoying wiggling with this...is it possible to enlarge the VST window to get the whole rack to appear - I use a portrait monitor and it would be nice to see everything together, rather than have to scroll up and down within the VST window...I suspect this might be a difficult coding issue though?

hdik

Thanks, Other people have requested this too. It's a CPU issue. If I make it 3 or 4 rows on screen, then moving modules around and scrolling the rack would be a bit lagy/slugish. I have to dig out a better way of drawing the graphics. It will take some time. You can by the way use the mouse wheel to scroll. dragging cables will also scroll. But I guess you already figured that.

In the mean time the priority is to add more modules smile
s0lo
Sound demo added to the top post.
nikmis
I played around with the demo. It's really great! Compared with other software modulars I've used (VAZ, blok modular, arturia moog) it's the most realistic sound and look. It's peanut butter jelly time!
Huba-Swift
On the Standard Oscillator module, it looks like you spelled Oscillator wrong, with only one L. Not sure if it's just the resolution that makes it look that way though hmmm.....
s0lo
nikmis wrote:
I played around with the demo. It's really great! Compared with other software modulars I've used (VAZ, blok modular, arturia moog) it's the most realistic sound and look. It's peanut butter jelly time!

Thanks glad you like cool. Just in case you didn't read that last line there is currently a sale during the beta
s0lo
Huba-Swift wrote:
On the Standard Oscillator module, it looks like you spelled Oscillator wrong, with only one L. Not sure if it's just the resolution that makes it look that way though hmmm.....

I made a whole synth and couldn't spell oscillator d'oh! hihi . Thanks for the heads up smile
Riggar
Playing with the Demo and enjoying it!

An impressive piece of software. Default set up uses very little CPU resource. Increasing the oversampling options obviously ramps that up - this is a great way over offering quality v practicality choices.

A few initial thoughts ...
- i) would quite like the ability to see 3 rows at a time as an option
- ii) some blanks please
- iii) looking at the website pricing options - will you be offering a free/cheap rack, and allow people to buy individual modules (just like real life!) as an option to system 'B'
- iv) a scope - very useful for sound design, training, fault finding in patches etc.

Keep up the good work
s0lo
Riggar wrote:
Playing with the Demo and enjoying it!

An impressive piece of software. Default set up uses very little CPU resource. Increasing the oversampling options obviously ramps that up - this is a great way over offering quality v practicality choices.

Thanks, glad you like smile. Yea, oversampling is a CPU killer. 2X basically will have the same effect as doubling the number of modules and cables. 4X, is four times that. 8X is eight times etc... And thats not the end of the story. There is sharp filtering that has to be done at the end, and that also becomes heavier as you increase the oversampling.

I would say you shouldn't need any oversampling 98% of the time if you patch things sensibly.

Riggar wrote:

A few initial thoughts ...
- i) would quite like the ability to see 3 rows at a time as an option

This is becoming a highly demanded feature smile. It's a CPU issue, please read my post above replying to HowDoIKnow

Riggar wrote:

- ii) some blanks please

smile

Riggar wrote:

- iii) looking at the website pricing options - will you be offering a free/cheap rack, and allow people to buy individual modules (just like real life!) as an option to system 'B'

Yes, that was the plan from the beginning. But when I first talked about it in KVRaudio, most people did not like it. They wanted a reduced price bundle. Wigglers on the other hand tended not to say anything, so I offered the System B. BUT I still intend to make more modules that are sold seperatly.

BTW, the rack itself is free.

Riggar wrote:

- iv) a scope - very useful for sound design, training, fault finding in patches etc.

That would be very useful. I agree. I will put this in the suggestions list.
nikmis
I haven't bought this, but I am planning on it. This really deserves more attention I think.
s0lo
I would like to tell you guys that Beta 2 has been released including two new utility modules. Details here: http://www.solostuff.net/2017/06/07/solorack-beta-2-released/

Here is the list of updates:

- New module, S705 Gate Length Processor. (Included in System B)
- New module, S704 Dual Gate to Trigger Converter. (Included in System B)
- Added "Tame + 1st" mode to the switch in S602 VC Delay. This will force the first reflection to always occur no matter what feedback you use.
- The sample and hold section in S516 can now be triggered by the internal random gate generator when there is no clock connected.
- Improved GUI performance.
- Added sluggish GUI workarrounds. "LEDs always ON" option and "CPU lite cables" option.
- Changed default location of data folder to "My Documets\SoloRack"
- Added Custom data folder feature using paths.ini file
- Fixed high CPU and high resonations while oversampling in S212 VCF.
- Fxied high CPU in S205 LPG
- Fixed bug in S500 ADSR working in exponential instead of liniear curve
- Less frequent demo mode noises.
- Added installer
Riggar
Excellent! - keep up the good work
dark_carcass
this is gold !

also found you in deviantart razz
s0lo
dark_carcass wrote:
this is gold !

also found you in deviantart razz

Thanks. Ahh yeah. I used to do fractals hihi
s0lo
Just a heads up that SoloRack version 1.0 (which will include new modules) is going to be released within the next few days (very soon, assuming no further complications arise). So this is your last chance to get the System B at the introductory price.

Thanks to you all for your support thumbs up
dark_carcass
means System B will upgrade to SoloRack 1.0 for free when released? Mr. Green
s0lo
dark_carcass wrote:
means System B will upgrade to SoloRack 1.0 for free when released? Mr. Green

SoloRack is just the free engine. What you purchase is System B which is a collection of modules. Some later modules may also be sold separately.

SoloRack v1.0 will include new modules. All of them will be included in System B. So yes, if you buy System B now, you will get the new modules in v1.0 for free smile
s0lo
I’m happy to announce that SoloRack v1.0 has been released including 6 new modules and more features. All the new modules are included in System B. Please download and install this latest version. As the old beta will expire after some time.

Here is the list of new features and updates:

- New Module S223 Dual Tap Comb Filter
- New Module S616 Stereo Reverb
- New Module S911 Binary Tools
- New Module S913 Pitch Transpose
- New Module S921 Quad Mixing Prolarizer
- New Module SE01 Sample Delay
- Ability to have more than 2 rows viewable on screen. Using the (viewable_rows) option in config.ini. Please read the (viewable_rows) section in the "ReadMe.txt" file for details on how to enable this.
- Advanced oversampling features. This is meant for advanced users. Read (advanced_oversampling) in the ReadMe.txt file.
- Added "Info..." menu item when right clicking on module. This will browse to the module description.
- Activation bug in some systems fixed.
- Automation bug in Studio One fixed.
- Bug fixes in delay lines that cause clips and clicks in rare occasions.
- CPU Performance improvements in some module(s).
- 60+ new presets

Enjoy smile
Ammar
Riggar
Hi All - calling all SoloRack Users / Interested parties

Using and enjoying SoloRack and what would be really neat is to use SoloRack together with my modular (a la CV Tool Kit / Reaktor for example) AND therefore we need a calibration 'module' as part of the SoloRack offering.

I've been in contact with the SoloRack creators and they have suggested if there's enough interest they'll certainly give consideration!

So come on - get in touch and nag them! this would be a powerfull combo!
s0lo

SoloRack Version v1.1 has been released including 7 new modules. Some of them are included in the "System B". Please download the update from the following link:

http://www.solostuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/SoloRackSetup1.101 .zip

New in this update:
- Added S321 FM/PM VCO (Included in System B)
- Added S206 Pole Separation LP VCF
- Added S224 Allpass Diffusion Filter
- Added S914 Tunable Quantizer
- Added S116 VC Cross Fader
- Added S709 Manual Trigger/Gate (Included in System B)
- Added SA06 MIDI To DAW. Usefull for future MIDI modules. (Included in System B)
- Fixed another nasty automation bug!

Note that modules that are not in the System B are marked with a red mark in the menu and will work in demo mode. The mark will go away ofcourse if you purchase these additional modules.

Enjoy smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1