MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Shakmat Time Wizard - The ULTIMATE clock divider/multiplier?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Shakmat Time Wizard - The ULTIMATE clock divider/multiplier?
captainhooke

applause that looks insanely cool

wonder what the price will be
jenz
Yeah!! This module wears its name very well!!
adh82
This looks cool!
gonner
I'm into this! Any idea what the 2hp module to the right of it is?
Bishop Dust
Thanks for the thread guys !

gonner wrote:
I'm into this! Any idea what the 2hp module to the right of it is?

I m going to give more infos pic features, just repacking all the infos with my slow post superbooth brain is a bit tricky !
interpolate
Wow! I was just looking into buying my first clock divider. Think I might hold out for this.
noeticsound
Time Wizard looks awesome: very powerful yet intuitive! applause

I'd want a breakout module for switching between gates and triggers on B5 and 6; hopefully, that's forthcoming in the near future. Handy features (like that) deserve panel space.
chapelier fou
Looks perfect.
EternalTurtle
Really looking forward to this. Looks like a lot of fun to play live.
acgenerator
It's a nice concept to have multiply and divide together. weird clock functions , polyrhythm and odd ball time signatures is the reason I run with almost a full row of clocks manipulation (A-190-8 + 5 dividers + 2 multipliers).

Likely i'm good but I'll keep an eye out for the final specs and maybe I'll swap it in for something else.
Jalopy
SlayerBadger!
Bishop Dust
So here's the feature list and a picture !

- Sextuple clock divider divided in two sections A and B.

- Dedicated potentiometer acting on the division factor for each divider.

- Clock multiplying and weird div / mult ratio abilities for the first section, first section incoming clock can be multiplied by 3 or 4, allowing to get easily triplets from a 16th clock or mult / div association as x4 / 7 eek!

- Independant clocking or divider association abilities for the second section, so B5 and B6 can get their clock in internaly from B4. For example, associating B4 = /7 and B5 = /16 provide a hit at each clock begining of 4 bars with a 7/4 time signature.

- Auto-reset available for the first section or the whole module, the autoreset is provided by B6.

- Additional logic functions for divider A2 : A2 output can provide the following functions : A2 AND B5 or A2 OR A3.

- Jumper on the back for Trigger or Gate selection for B5 and B6.

sihiL
Looks about 8hp, which would be just about the space a divider and a multiplier would take. Definitely interested.

-EDIT-

Looks like the topic updated before I posted. grin
Bishop Dust
8hp wide and 25mm depht !
TheSolenoids
This does look very well thought out. The internal routing for time signature multiplication is exactly the logic I go through as I'm creating evolving polyrhythms, so I may just have to get this. The only thing I would really miss is the delay function on the QCM. Guess that's why the answer is always "both".
tFunk
No CV over divisions/multiplications a la QCD? Or maybe that's what the expander does?

EDIT: I just saw that what I called "expander" is in reality the "SumDif" module.
Bishop Dust
tFunk wrote:
No CV over divisions/multiplications a la QCD? Or maybe that's what the expander does?

EDIT: I just saw that what I called "expander" is in reality the "SumDif" module.

No CV expander. We had to choose between a compact design (6 CVs in means 6 jacks on the panel) and features. as our Knight s Gallop can achieve CVable clock division, we decided to not go that way with this one.
damase
I really really like the ideas in this module. Might be something to work in place of my scm for finding reliable groove.

How does the module calculate its gate lengths? From the LEDs in the video it looked like it had a good amount of variance which was interacting with the internal logic and multiplications. (I like that feature)

and when can we buy? Im instantly eager

Editted one of my questions out
Bishop Dust
damase wrote:
I really really like the ideas in this module. Might be something to work in place of my scm for finding reliable groove.

How does the module calculate its gate lengths? From the LEDs in the video it looked like it had a good amount of variance which was interacting with the internal logic and multiplications. (I like that feature)

and when can we buy? Im instantly eager

Editted one of my questions out

A1 A2 A3 B4 are triggers (a few ms)

B5 and B6 are gate (50% duty cycle) or triggers according to the jumper position on the back wink
Bishop Dust
ah and forgot to write the price

kit : 115 euros incl VAT
assembled : 165 euros incl VAT
reppiks
So it is one jumper that determines gate/trigger for both B5 & B6? Or separate jumper for each of B5 and B6?
Bishop Dust
reppiks wrote:
So it is one jumper that determines gate/trigger for both B5 & B6? Or separate jumper for each of B5 and B6?

Both
reppiks
Bishop Dust wrote:
reppiks wrote:

Both

Sorry, one jumper for both, or both have their oen jumper?
Paranormal Patroler
This module was one of the highlights of SuperBooth for me. I'm blaming Shakmat for spending hours reconfiguring my live case to make space for this angry hihi Mr. Green
memes_33
yeah this is powerful, compact, and intuitive. i'm a clock whore, so i'll probably find a way to make room for this (but will never give up my QCD & expander!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6