MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KV-100 Filter+Ringmod is very quiet. Normal?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author KV-100 Filter+Ringmod is very quiet. Normal?
kiddcabbage
Hey there. Quick question - I recently bought a KV-100 from another user on here, and I noticed... as soon as I hit the Enable Ringmod + Filter button, the output gets reeeeally quiet (regardless of what the knob settings are). I have to boost the signals by some 30db or so to get it at the level that it was at before (and just about blew my eardrum out when I did that and turned the resonance up high enough to self-oscillate o_o).

Is this normal behavior or is maybe one of the tubes shot or something?
metasonix
You're feeding it a hot signal, like line level, I take it? The KV was meant for instrument level. Try turning the input level down.
kiddcabbage
Same result, whether feeding it a line or a signal from my guitar, The input trim seems to have little effect on this.

kiddcabbage
I've confirmed with a friend of mine (also a KV-100 owner) that this is not normal behavior. Any ideas on what it could be? Bad tube, am I overlooking something in its usage, or would this potentially need servicing?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1