MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Shakmat Modular 2hp modules : SumDif and HiPass
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Shakmat Modular 2hp modules : SumDif and HiPass
Bishop Dust
Yoow !

We went at the superbooth with new modules, here're the two tiny ones we had in our rack This is fun!

SumDif

- Dual 2 inputs adder / differentiator for CV or audio

- For example if the first input is 3v and the second output is 1v, sum output provides 4v and dif output 2v.

- Each section can be used as as a 2:1 unity mixer, a 1:2 buffered multiple or a signal inverter.

- Mid Side processing application

- Optional -6dB gain for the first section

- 2hp wide, 29mm depth

HiPass

- 4 fixed high pass filters (butterworth response curve)

- Filters 1 and 2 : 2 poles – 30 Hz (DC remover – extreme low frequencies attenuator)

- Filters 3 and 4 : 3 poles – 100 Hz (usual Lo Cut design on mixers)

- 2hp wide, 29mm depth

g3d9
i like the design style on these modules very much.

Dont have much use for them in my present set-up, though i will certainly be watching to see what you release in future.
Ninja
Charles_Tanios
Very interested by those 2 usefull little ones.

Price and availability, please ?
Bishop Dust
Price : in the 80 - 90 euros range.

Availability : this summer
Charles_Tanios
Great !

Thanks !
joem
I'm interested! Are they going to be available as kits?
Bishop Dust
joem wrote:
I'm interested! Are they going to be available as kits?

This is SMD so I m afraid not !
joem
Ah, well, I'm still interested. I love small knob-less utilities!
MvK
I've been looking for a small module to protect my speakers from blowing. In case of userfault liketoo much low frequency self oscillation of filters for example. The HP seems to be the thing, doesn't it?
tbecker
For the HP module, what is the attenuation level IE 12db/oct, 24db/oct ect? These both look very useful and the HP could be a nice compact way to get AC only (clearing any DC bias) in the Rubicon TZFM inputs!
Bishop Dust
tbecker wrote:
For the HP module, what is the attenuation level IE 12db/oct, 24db/oct ect? These both look very useful and the HP could be a nice compact way to get AC only (clearing any DC bias) in the Rubicon TZFM inputs!

First two filters are 12db/oct - 30Hz and the two last ones are 18dB/Oct 100Hz
jenz
Love your new modules Franky!! Keep em' commin'!! we're not worthy Guinness ftw!
Bishop Dust
jenz wrote:
Love your new modules Franky!! Keep em' commin'!! we're not worthy Guinness ftw!

Thanks cousin du Quebec Guinness ftw! ! Our modules might be in a shop in Montreal in a near future w00t
jenz
Bishop Dust wrote:
jenz wrote:

Thanks cousin du Quebec Guinness ftw! ! Our modules might be in a shop in Montreal in a near future w00t

Great news! w00t Guinness ftw!
dugoutcanoe
Bishop Dust wrote:
Yoow !

We went at the superbooth with new modules, here're the two tiny ones we had in our rack This is fun!

SumDif

- Dual 2 inputs adder / differentiator for CV or audio

- For example if the first input is 3v and the second output is 1v, sum output provides 4v and dif output 2v.

- Each section can be used as as a 2:1 unity mixer, a 1:2 buffered multiple or a signal inverter.

- Mid Side processing application

- Optional -6dB gain for the first section

- 2hp wide, 29mm depth

HiPass

- 4 fixed high pass filters (butterworth response curve)

- Filters 1 and 2 : 2 poles – 30 Hz (DC remover – extreme low frequencies attenuator)

- Filters 3 and 4 : 3 poles – 100 Hz (usual Lo Cut design on mixers)

- 2hp wide, 29mm depth

were these ever produced? sad banana
Shwaj
Can anyone contrast the SumDif with the LRMSMSLR? Is that a tiny switch I see at the bottom right of the modules?
lisa
That’s part of the logo, not a switch.
tbecker
Shwaj wrote:
Can anyone contrast the SumDif with the LRMSMSLR? Is that a tiny switch I see at the bottom right of the modules?

C+D and C-D are the same as mid side or MS encoding assuming you put in something stereo such as a stereo field recording (ms or xy recording methods). So this can do the same things as the LRMS module from worng. The worng can be used as a 2:1 mixer or inverter too as they are esentially the same thing. I like this form factor a bit better and the more general approach meaning that the lrms is not imposed on the person patching.
tbecker
Still looking forward to both of these when they come out. Would love to hear if there are any updates to the release window!
desolationjones
Shwaj wrote:
Can anyone contrast the SumDif with the LRMSMSLR?

Only apparent difference: the LRMSMSLR has built-in attenuation (-6 dB) on inputs to mid encoder instead of a unity mixer so hot signals into L & R don't clip on M = L+R.
Bishop Dust
The sum dif has an optional -6db attenuation accessible by jumpers on the back.

We have a little fix do to on the production. The hi pass should be packed up next week. The sum dif should be available in August.
yarderyyz
Both instant buys for me if they make it into a Canadian shop! I've seriously been wish for these exact two utilities since I built my modular. Fixed highpass for DC blocking audio rate modulation, and MS has been a big part of my production style forever.
tbecker
Bishop Dust wrote:
The sum dif has an optional -6db attenuation accessible by jumpers on the back.

We have a little fix do to on the production. The hi pass should be packed up next week. The sum dif should be available in August.
will be adding both asap in the us! Thanks.
huffnPuff
I’m reserving space for both!
The adder/ subtractor is such a great idea and the DC filtering will allow me to plug the modular directly to the amp. Awesome.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1