MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Shakmat Modular 2hp modules : SumDif and HiPass
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Shakmat Modular 2hp modules : SumDif and HiPass
flashheart
As was mentioned, by default there's no attenuation on either of the sum outputs of the Sum/diff, you can set this with jumpers.
Buttons ARE toys
flashheart wrote:
As was mentioned, by default there's no attenuation on either of the sum outputs of the Sum/diff, you can set this with jumpers.

Okay, so the /2 that LRMSMSLR is doing on the second stage is just the 6db gain reduction. I guess I don't really understand how dB measurements work, since I expected the math there to be (C+D)-(whatever 6dB translates to in voltage), rather than (C+D)/2.
flashheart
Exactly. -6dB is the same as dividing by 2 in voltage terms, +6dB is a doubling of voltage.
Knock
good idea! I hoped for a hipass like this. applause
Stab Frenzy
Buttons ARE toys wrote:
flashheart wrote:

Okay, so the /2 that LRMSMSLR is doing on the second stage is just the 6db gain reduction. I guess I don't really understand how dB measurements work, since I expected the math there to be (C+D)-(whatever 6dB translates to in voltage), rather than (C+D)/2.

Hi, the -6dB stage is actually in the first section rather than the second, there was an error in the first version of the manual that made it look like it was the other way round but it's fixed now. thumbs up
Lunartransit
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is a cv adder the same thing as a precision adder? If not, could it be used as one if you put a quantizer after it?
tuj
Is the adder precise enough for pitch CV?
Bishop Dust
tuj wrote:
Is the adder precise enough for pitch CV?

Yes the sumdif uses 0,1% precision resistors to ensure the V/Oct tracking.

Modules are now ready / packaged we ll contact the retailers this week !
Buttons ARE toys
Bishop Dust wrote:
Modules are now ready / packaged we ll contact the retailers this week !

Can't wait! SlayerBadger!
imrae
[Double post, stupid fat fingers]
imrae
Have there been any updates on this? I'm holding a space for SumDif love
Bishop Dust
Dear wigglers !

The HiPass and the SumDif are finally out !

Contact your favorite dealer or grab it at our shop.

Here is a HiPass demo / tutorial ! The SumDif video will follow very soon this week smile

Footkerchief
Are the top outputs normaled to the bottom inputs?
Bishop Dust
Nope no normalisation !
Bishop Dust
We just finished the demo of the SumDif smile enjoy !

imrae
Are any UK dealers carrying these or should I order directly?
Bishop Dust
Still have to contact them - just curious what is you usual dealer ?
infradead
whoa.. that SumDif...

i'm in love love
imrae
Bishop Dust wrote:
Still have to contact them - just curious what is you usual dealer ?

Too new to this to have a "usual"; Elevator Sound, London Modular and matttech have all been lovely so far.
Tumulishroomaroom
Latest Mylar Melodies' podcast with Divkid reminded me about the HiPass; wonderful little module; packs a lot in 2hp ! Cleaning up the master stereo mix (can be put in the aux send loop of the Performance Mixer, perfect !) + 2 hi pass to clean samples or individual sounds or feedback paths, so my filters are free !

Ordered wink
Buttons ARE toys
I've had the SumDif racked up for about a week now and it's great! I'm using it mainly for M/S processing but it's finding its way into other patches as a basic utility.

And interesting behavior as a logic gate, I don't think the A-B out fits any of the typical logic types. It only puts out a positive gate if A is high and B is low.
Bishop Dust
Was surprised how using a phase inversion on one component of mix can change the mix sound. For example the plus and minus outputs give quite different results while summing two kicks coming from a peaks.
Noisepan
Where would these be available for people in Canada?
Bishop Dust
No retailer yet in canada -but we are have our own shop - drop us an email wink
Noisepan
Am I correct in assuming that mid side processing would remove any panning between the left and right, so the final signal would have identical left and right channels?

My understanding is that if the side is processed as 1 channel, when it is returned and split to the left and right again, it would be the same on both sides?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3