MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES3/5 doesn't like Arp plugins
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES3/5 doesn't like Arp plugins
Kubase
I have a strange issue with the ES3/5 and Arp plugins - namely Cthulhu and Kirnu Cream. This is with Bitwig 2.0. I route the plugin to the ES-5 SW Controller and everything is fine, with my hardware synth playing the arp notes. However, as soon as I change anything in the plugin I get a stuck note. I power cycle the synth and then nothing plays back. Restarting Bitwig gets me to the first point, with everything working until I change anything in the arp plugin, etc.

The signal is getting to the ES-3 but not the ES-5. I do not get this issue using Bitwig's built in arp and other midi effects like note repeat, or if I just play a midi clip back.

I have tried having Note Offs set and not set in the ES-5 SW controller, and have ruled everything else out by bypassing ES altogether and just using a normal midi out.

Help!
os
So you're using the ES-5 for MIDI, with a DJ-1000 cable?
Kubase
I am, yes.
os
Quote:
However, as soon as I change anything in the plugin I get a stuck note.

What for example would you be changing?
Kubase
Changing the gate length certainly causes the problem. Other than that I was testing by changing presets.
os
Sorry which plug-in are we talking about here? The ES-5 Controller?
Kubase
The arp plugin, either Cthulhu or Cream. Fiddling with those breaks everything.
os
Is this a problem in just Bitwig, or other DAWs too?
Kubase
I've only got Bitwig.
os
Live is a free demo download.
Kubase
Thanks, problem doesn't exist in Live, so I have emailed Bitwig support.
os
Interesting, thanks.

Happy to be kept in the loop if it's some strange interaction of the three products.
Kubase
os wrote:
Interesting, thanks.

Happy to be kept in the loop if it's some strange interaction of the three products.

Yep, will keep you posted.
Kubase
Bitwig have replied, telling me there is a Silent Way fix in the upcoming version 2.1.
os
Good to know. I wonder what the problem was.
Kubase
These plugins are now working fine through the ES-3/5.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1