MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stillson Hammer mk2 firmware v1.8
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Stillson Hammer mk2 firmware v1.8
mt3
v. 1.8: April 27, 2017

http://www.theharvestman.org/firmware.php

New Feature: Sequence Rotation Visual Aid

When step rotation is enabled on the currently selected track, you will see TWO illuminated slider LEDs during normal operation. The second LED will flicker. The solid LED indicates the current sequencer position (non-rotated), while the flickering LED represents the position in the sequence where the data is actually being played back. To edit a rotated sequence, note the position of the flickering LED and move that slider in order to change the data being played back at the position of the solid LED.

New feature: Live edit when stopped

When using the rotary encoder to advance the sequencer position when stopped, moving the slider at that position will update the output in realtime. Init and random functions will also immediately be heard when the sequence is stopped.

Bug fixes

The range of the manual control on external CV2 now has a wider range in both directions, so it can affect gate parameters to the same extent as CV1. Note that larger settings of the control may cause notes to tie together (for increasing gate lengths) or cause gates to disappear (for decreasing gate lengths). Experiment with modifying the gate sequence in realtime by gradually “dropping out” gates by using the subtraction function of CV2’s knob to dial out the shortest gates in the sequence. Use the CV-Gate output Tie mode for additional effects of musical gratification.

The rotary encoder did not properly advance the steps when stopped in external clock mode. Fixed.

The rotary encoder did not properly update the display or outputs when advancing steps in internal clock mode. Fixed.

Initializing a track no longer causes an 8V wink to briefly appear at the CV output.
rustyjaw
Quote:

When using the rotary encoder to advance the sequencer position when stopped, moving the slider at that position will update the output in realtime. Init and random functions will also immediately be heard when the sequence is stopped.

Very nice!
Flamusic
[quote="mt3"]v. 1.8: April 27, 2017

http://www.theharvestman.org/firmware.php

New Feature: Sequence Rotation Visual Aid

When step rotation is enabled on the currently selected track, you will see TWO illuminated slider LEDs during normal operation. The second LED will flicker. The solid LED indicates the current sequencer position (non-rotated), while the flickering LED represents the position in the sequence where the data is actually being played back. To edit a rotated sequence, note the position of the flickering LED and move that slider in order to change the data being played back at the position of the solid LED.

Bug fixes

The range of the manual control on external CV2 now has a wider range in both directions, so it can affect gate parameters to the same extent as CV1. Note that larger settings of the control may cause notes to tie together (for increasing gate lengths) or cause gates to disappear (for decreasing gate lengths). Experiment with modifying the gate sequence in realtime by gradually “dropping out” gates by using the subtraction function of CV2’s knob to dial out the shortest gates in the sequence. Use the CV-Gate output Tie mode for additional effects of musical gratification.

What is the CV output tie mode ?
mt3
Flamusic wrote:
What is the CV output tie mode ?

Came out in 1.5. You'll love it.
It slaves the CV output to the track's GATE.
No GATE == No CV change.

CV/Gate tie mode
Hold down SHIFT and press the CV PAGE button. The Shift button should light up. Now, the CV input will not update unless that step/track’s GATE page has an active gate on that step. This mode can be programmed per track and is saved as part of the preset.
Note that you may need to initialize a new sequence for this feature to become active - the data format has changed slightly and the feature will not work on older sequences.
sendepause
Updated to 1.8

I first have to run internal clock before external clock is functioning correctly.
I had this weird behaviour in 1.777 where gates were skipped, so with this run around that's fixed.

I external clock mode i don't have a clock output. :-(

CV b Input works like a charm!
Step rotate is awesome....!

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana!
textuell
While in bug report: when pressing shift+rotary and one of the range buttons the whole pattern seem to crash instead of switching range after end of pattern. Anyone else?
Flamusic
textuell wrote:
While in bug report: when pressing shift+rotary and one of the range buttons the whole pattern seem to crash instead of switching range after end of pattern. Anyone else?

Havent this problem with my unit
Mercutio
i used a lot my SH 2 recently to prepare a live gigs... i had serious bugs (1.66).

1. In pendullum mode: i have a track limited to 8 steps.... it plays (16,15, ... 3,2,1,)1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,8,7... Why does it plays the steps in brackets and why it doesn't start to step 1 ?

2. Sometimes if a adds or retrieve some gates on a track, i don't save and it looks like to have recorded them...even if i reload the entire pattern, the newest gate are presents...

3. Multiplication clock per track will be welcome

4. lots of mistake to transpose sequence with a keyboard (CV A or CV B)

5. it doesn't send a reset when i play on start ... what do you think ?
Robscorch
I've been getting some off values on the CV's just as described a bit earlier and I am assuming this is the one with the upcoming fix involving values being erratic though that seems to have somewhat cleared up. On 0-8V it's just down right wonkey with my Hertz Donut mkII. The other ranges are not as badly off, but it does jump around a bit special in the lower 1/3rd of the slider range.
Flamusic
In the manual the last paragraph on page 2 under CV
" You can slave the CV output to the behavior of that tracks gate output...

Does someone know what that means ?
I cant hear something affected by it.
mt3
Flamusic wrote:

CV/Gate Tie Mode
CV only changes on steps with active gates.
textuell
Flamusic wrote:
textuell wrote:

Havent this problem with my unit

Strange. Anyone else?

Multiplication per track would really be useful.
Flamusic
mt3 wrote:
Flamusic wrote:

CV/Gate Tie Mode
CV only changes on steps with active gates.

cool, have to check it smile
Thank you
monads
Is there an updated v1.8 manual???
mt3
monads wrote:
Is there an updated v1.8 manual???

Not yet, but everything in there remains valid.
rustyjaw
Man I'm having so many issues with v1.8, I actually reset my SH, erasing all the presets in the hopes of stabilizing sequences, but it seems worse than ever.

I'm getting sticky notes, where the display keeps reverting to C0, or sometimes other notes. Then when I go to dial in specific notes, it seems the sliders are scaled differently, for example, I set slider 1 to be C3, then move slider 2 into roughly the same position, it's C4 (and flickering), and so on across multiple steps, they are all out of whack. And, yes, if I drop each slider all the way down, they bottom out at different notes and the ones that don't reach the base note (like C0) are constantly flickering different values. It's kinda driving me crazy. Ugh.

FWIW, rotation is not enabled.

I might have to drop back to 1.666 again
rustyjaw
I started a new preset and recreated the patterns and everything works as expected.

I'm thinking the problem I was having has something to do with the sliders I modified by Assignable B, even though I made sure to unplug the CV in and turn the dial to the center, I think the settings were still influencing the CV values.
Flamusic
rustyjaw wrote:
I started a new preset and recreated the patterns and everything works as expected.

I'm thinking the problem I was having has something to do with the sliders I modified by Assignable B, even though I made sure to unplug the CV in and turn the dial to the center, I think the settings were still influencing the CV values.

Works like a charm after the update.
But sometimes i also come to a situation where the Values
doesnt update for a time.
Also the feature where i can press the encoder and shift to dial all values
for all faders with one fader seems sometimes not to work.

But after some fiddling its working.
So i dont know if there is a situation maybee with the attenuators a little up
or in tie mode or maybee a fader is hanging wich is causing that the modes are not working.
But it seems more like a user problem than a bug.

By the way... maybe its possible that the big time Knob in the upper left....
Can set the main Tempo in a future update ( what the pressed encoder and pressed ini. is doing at the moment.
Because its very fiddlie to press the two little buttons and turning the encoder.
When in the same time the big tempo knob is out of use for the most time.

Also pressing the button to trigger the active step is very nice.
But the LCD screen is showing the Tempo when i press and needs a little time to go back to the note.
Its not a big problem.
But its not so easy to read the notes while playing.

So when the Tempo is on the big left knob again..this will solve this issue maybee.
mt3
rustyjaw wrote:

I believe the manual says when you init a track this doesn't init CV A or B. You might have to init those independently.
rustyjaw
Has anyone else had trouble using Assignable A to add gates and bursts? I'm trying this, and the first time a sequence runs and I turn up A, it works as expected...new gates and bursts show up, but when I return the A knob back full CCW, I get no gates at all, not even the ones I had programmed in manually (and are not assigned to be modified by A)?

Sometimes, shutting off external clocking and turning it back on wakes up the gates, but not always.

I'm prepping for my first live performance and this sequencer makes me nervous. confused
mt3
rustyjaw wrote:
Has anyone else had trouble using Assignable A to add gates and bursts? I'm trying this, and the first time a sequence runs and I turn up A, it works as expected...new gates and bursts show up, but when I return the A knob back full CCW, I get no gates at all, not even the ones I had programmed in manually (and are not assigned to be modified by A)?

Sometimes, shutting off external clocking and turning it back on wakes up the gates, but not always.

I'm prepping for my first live performance and this sequencer makes me nervous. confused

What firmware are you on?
rustyjaw
mt3 wrote:
rustyjaw wrote:

v1.8

Once again, I inited the track (just the track with gates, not the whole preset) and inited Assignable A, and then reset the assignments and it worked after that. But the behavior at first was annoying. I just hope it doesn't crop up again.

BTW, when I'd quickly toggle internal/external clock off/on (which has been my go-to fix for correcting glitches), it would wake up the gates for one pass of the 16 steps and then it would go 'silent' again.
Flamusic
rustyjaw wrote:
mt3 wrote:
rustyjaw wrote:

v1.8

Once again, I inited the track (just the track with gates, not the whole preset) and inited Assignable A, and then reset the assignments and it worked after that. But the behavior at first was annoying. I just hope it doesn't crop up again.

BTW, when I'd quickly toggle internal/external clock off/on (which has been my go-to fix for correcting glitches), it would wake up the gates for one pass of the 16 steps and then it would go 'silent' again.

You cant init the assignable A and B.
Also schift + encoder + move one slider to set all slider to this position does not work with the assignable pages A and B
rustyjaw
Flamusic wrote:
You cant init the assignable A and B.
Also schift + encoder + move one slider to set all slider to this position does not work with the assignable pages A and B

Well, I init-ed the whole track, so those assignments were wiped. I actually did also hit Init+A not really thinking about it, I was just blindly initing everything in frustration. angry

I came home from work and fired up the modular again, and the problem returned. I tried some more troubleshooting. I turned off external clock and the gates came to life, so instead of just toggling back, I let it run for a minute on internal clock and switched back to ext and it seems to be working normally, for now.

FWIW, I'm clocking it from a Pamela's Workout (original), been using it as a clock source since I got the SH and never had persistent problems like this.
Flamusic
There is definetly a little problem with external clock.
With internal clock everthing works fine.
If you switch on your modular and start directly with external clock on the hammer i also have to switch the clock to internal and back to external.
Than its running fine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4