MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Weired SH-1oh1 probplems
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Weired SH-1oh1 probplems
HB3
I recently got my SH-1oh1 back from a professional install at Switched On in Austin, TX. I wasn't able to get the sequencer to work after reading the manual and watching the intro/demo video.

I thought it could be a configuration issue so I did a factory reset. Afterward every key plays a high pitch white noise like sound. It doesn't matter that variables I change on the synth the sound continues to play.

Any suggestions?
tubbutec
Hi

first of all: I am surprised you could not get the sequencer working, because if you use it like the original sequencer it should already work. What exactly did not work? can you be more specific?

The noise after firmware reset puzzles me even more: Does it only play the noise now, or do you also hear the waveforms?

I am also wondering if switched on tested this after they installed it? Maybe you can talk to them if they had any issues? Never heard anything remotely like this before.

What you could try to do, just because it *might* help: Perform a firmware update to the newest version:

https://tubbutec.de/tubbutec-firmware-updater/
goldplate
Maybe it's a MIDI loop? Did you experiment the issue without any MIDI cable connected?
goldplate
Maybe it's a MIDI loop? Did you experiment the issue without any MIDI cable connected?
HB3
tubbutec wrote:
Hi

first of all: I am surprised you could not get the sequencer working, because if you use it like the original sequencer it should already work. What exactly did not work? can you be more specific?

I was trying to use the sequencer as usual and it wasn't playing back. I would load the sequence then hit play and nothing.

tubbutec wrote:
The noise after firmware reset puzzles me even more: Does it only play the noise now, or do you also hear the waveforms?

Before the factory reset there was no buzz but the buzz is persistent since then. I hear the sound of the 101 coming out but whenever a key is hit a high pitch noise comes out of the speakers. The noise is the same frequency no matter what key is pressed or what setting is dialed. I tested with new cable direct to mixer and with headphones and the high frequency buzz is always there. When no keys are pressed I don't hear the noise. It only happens when a key is pressed.

tubbutec wrote:
I am also wondering if switched on tested this after they installed it? Maybe you can talk to them if they had any issues? Never heard anything remotely like this before.

I checked with them and they tested after the install. I can take it back to them but this wasn't an issue before I did the factory reset.

tubbutec wrote:
What you could try to do, just because it *might* help: Perform a firmware update to the newest version:

https://tubbutec.de/tubbutec-firmware-updater/

Let me know the best steps to get my 101 sounding right. If it makes sense to update firmware I'm happy to. I look forward to your reply! help

goldplate wrote:

Yes, thanks.
tubbutec
Yes please try a firmware update.
HB3
tubbutec wrote:
Yes please try a firmware update.

Firmware updated successfully (very easy process BTW) but the hiss persists. I'll take it by Switched On and have them look at it. Any other suggestions?
beyourdog
The SH101 is prone to regular issues due to the rather not so great quality of this synth, was used to have it fixed every 1-2 years when I had one...just bring it back to be fixed...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1