MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Zlob Push VCA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Zlob Push VCA
pirxthepilot
Anyone used one before?

https://zlobmodular.com/push-vca/

I'm actually looking for a module that simply does mutes with per-channel outs, and this is the closest I could find. Actually pretty good that it's a VCA too!
euromorcego
pirxthepilot wrote:

I'm actually looking for a module that simply does mutes with per-channel outs, and this is the closest I could find. Actually pretty good that it's a VCA too!

it does not seem to have CV inputs, or? So it is manual mute only, not really a VCA.
gruebleengourd
I guess technically it is still a VCA as it has 2 unity gain amplifiers that are set with voltage trimmers. However, there are no CV inputs.
pirxthepilot
Oof, I missed that one. Still looks attractive for mixing and mutes! I wish there's a 4-input 4-HP version..
onurkalaycioglu
its called push vca(i know not the best name) because the circuit architecture is a vca. its pretty much the same circuit as my 2hp dual vca. no space for cv ins on such a small design. you can buy 2 and put them next to each other= 4hp.
Konrad Seifert
Man, onurkalaycioglu I really like your Metal EP. Thumbs up!
atrostor
The labeling on this hurt my brain a little lol
onurkalaycioglu
Konrad Seifert wrote:
Man, onurkalaycioglu I really like your Metal EP. Thumbs up!

thanks. a new ep is coming out this summer called "pulpit of avarice."

@atrostor
ha, good.

some push vcas and miniatts should be in stock at control soon. analogue haven has them but they havent posted them up on their site yet.
da3v
Otherwise, I have a 50% chance of guessing which way each of those light-up push buttons go. :-)

Also, BOM says 3 10uf caps, but I only got 2. Is the one for the panel board not needed, or do I need to scrounge one from a local source?

Thanks,
-Dave
da3v
Well, I got half of them right :-)
The paint dot on the side of the switch should go closest to the little circle on the circuit board, not the little number 1 or number 2. (Dots should both face toward the nylon standoff in between the two pushbuttons).

I'm still curious as to whether the 10uf capacitor on the panel board is needed or not. I'm sure I can find one nearby, but don't want to replace something that was intentionally left out.
Power Mic 3K
Mine came with 3 capacitors. I also wound up with several extra resistors. hmmm.....
glassofwater
Take a look at 4MS VCAMatrix. VCA with 16 mutes!

Of course, it's way bigger than the one you mentioned in the OP.
onurkalaycioglu
Power Mic 3K wrote:
Mine came with 3 capacitors. I also wound up with several extra resistors. hmmm.....

sorry about that, if you are missing anything get in touch and i will send out the parts asap
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1