MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Morphagene Compositions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Morphagene Compositions
abel_terrestrian
Minimal groove I made last night using the Morphagene (through Optomix) for chords:

[s]https://soundcloud.com/nick-mykins/moonlight[/s]

I discovered it's really easy to get a chord progression going by sampling multiple layers of an oscillator tuned to different pitches on one splice (adjusting relative amplitudes with SOS) and then when you're ready for a new chord, record to a new splice. "Play" the progression with the Shift input.
ayruos
What's better than a Morphagene? A Morphagene AND a tape machine.

Recorded some sounds onto a cassette walking around the desolate streets of Helsinki on the Christmas Eve, fed it into the Morphagene, fed it back out from the Morphagene onto a tape loop and here we have it - alongside some STO + TelHarmonic + Rene + Wogglebug things.

NoLegs
Ripped audio out of several youtube videos of machine tool failure, loaded them into the Morphagene and built a track around it.

kxx303
Just got some junk sounds into MG

This patch was only MG, Maths and Optomix

youkon
Morphagene for Efx

Morphagene gets blend by a joystick in from time to time and delivers these nice efx and breaks

musical content is semi and recording too much saturated but the breaks or morphagene morphs are cool

DDJ
I wanted to try live vocal manipulation with the Morph. I kept it pretty simple.

shredsickgnar

Here's a song I made with a Tx81z and the Morphagene. The footage is from a test roll of 8mm footage shot on a Bolex P1. The camera had some problems but it actually gave some pretty interesting results.
buyingitwontmakeucool
DDJ wrote:
I wanted to try live vocal manipulation with the Morph. I kept it pretty simple.

That was really nice. Thanks for sharing
DDJ
buyingitwontmakeucool wrote:
DDJ wrote:

That was really nice. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for listening! I had fun making it.
JakoGreyshire
shredsickgnar... Oh wow... TX81z sounds soo good... love the camera stuff too... Tofino maybe? Good waves up yonder...

DDJ nice vocal track... I'd like to see some more live vocal tracks with the MG.... Actually I just saw Thom York morphagene it up on his track Bloom...(youtube.....I think)

Everyone on this thread is really knocking it out.... Nice..
shredsickgnar
JakoGreyshire Thanks! Yea it is Tofino or rather Ucluelet, just south of Tofino. Waves are not all you'd think. Westport is a better setup IMO, Tofino is just way more beautiful.
JakoGreyshire
shredsickgnar wrote:
JakoGreyshire Thanks! Yea it is Tofino or rather Ucluelet, just south of Tofino. Waves are not all you'd think. Westport is a better setup IMO, Tofino is just way more beautiful.

I love it up there... Good Scuba as well! Which reminds me about an idea for getting some nature sounds into the morphagene... Bird chirps, surf breaks, etc... I need to get some field recording done... thumbs up thumbs up
101010oxo
[s]https://soundcloud.com/101010oxo/tangerine-drone[/s]
zoundsabar
Nice sounds and nice composition too. Excellent piece! Thanks for sharing it.

DDJ wrote:

jnduffie
The Morphagene can be a tough beast to control -- but god it's fun when it all clicks. I've played with various granular samplers in software, but nothing compares to the Morphagene's hands-on ability to jump between different time scales.

In these two pieces, I take a snippet from Dionne Warwick's "I Say a Little Prayer" and play it out at two different time scales. (I know, I know -- not the most likely Muff Wiggler sample!)

This first piece plays close to the granular level as a slow cycling function from Maths shifts slide. The Telharmonic provides a bit of weight below with a low organ tone. And there's some reverb from a Pico DSP. That's it.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-381305575/say-a-little[/s]

The second piece moves a larger window across a slightly longer time scale -- just before, during, and after the moment Dionne's backup singers intone "I say a little prayer for you" -- and extends this out, cycle-by-cycle over 9+ minutes via a very slow Maths cycling function. To my ears, it ends up sounding a little like early Steve Reich ("It's gonna rain"), but it also has this weird motorik quality, like some weird lost Bacharach-inspired Neu! song.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-381305575/a-little-prayer-for-you[/s]

But I've rambled long enough! Thanks for bearing with me!
cptnal
jnduffie wrote:
The Morphagene can be a tough beast to control -- but god it's fun when it all clicks. I've played with various granular samplers in software, but nothing compares to the Morphagene's hands-on ability to jump between different time scales.

In these two pieces, I take a snippet from Dionne Warwick's "I Say a Little Prayer" and play it out at two different time scales. (I know, I know -- not the most likely Muff Wiggler sample!)

This first piece plays close to the granular level as a slow cycling function from Maths shifts slide. The Telharmonic provides a bit of weight below with a low organ tone. And there's some reverb from a Pico DSP. That's it.

The second piece moves a larger window across a slightly longer time scale -- just before, during, and after the moment Dionne's backup singers intone "I say a little prayer for you" -- and extends this out, cycle-by-cycle over 9+ minutes via a very slow Maths cycling function. To my ears, it ends up sounding a little like early Steve Reich ("It's gonna rain"), but it also has this weird motorik quality, like some weird lost Bacharach-inspired Neu! song.

applause

That works really well (yes, I listened to the whole thing). Must spend more time with mine rather than just using it as a glorified delay.
jnduffie
Thanks cptnal! Mr. Green

In the past, I would just feed it tons of modulation, typically from MI Marbles or Just Friends, and sit back to watch. (Or listen!) The results were always interesting, but I didn't necessarily understand what was going on. Since the New Year, I've been trying to use the Morphagene more deliberately. I've been stripping back modulation and using it more as a modern tape machine. There's no doubt it can do a ton of amazing things. But this more minimalist approach has been super inspiring.
jmax313
Guys this thread is wonderful, thanks for sharing all your music we're not worthy
electricanada
jnduffie wrote:

Similar approach to Barton's track a few pages up. Seems like a good method for me to try....
electricanada
jnduffie wrote:

Similar approach to Barton's track a few pages up. Seems like a good method for me to try....
cptnal
electricanada wrote:
jnduffie wrote:

I've been trying it with the mending song from Bagpuss. I can confirm it works for a broad range of material. It's peanut butter jelly time!
Phitar
jnduffie wrote:
Thanks cptnal! Mr. Green

In the past, I would just feed it tons of modulation, typically from MI Marbles or Just Friends, and sit back to watch. (Or listen!) The results were always interesting, but I didn't necessarily understand what was going on. Since the New Year, I've been trying to use the Morphagene more deliberately. I've been stripping back modulation and using it more as a modern tape machine. There's no doubt it can do a ton of amazing things. But this more minimalist approach hasH been super inspiring.

Inspiring indeed. I've been kind of neglecting the Morph the last month or so since I've only had small snippets of free time and it does sometimes take a while to get it making happy. Your tracks make me want to focus on it again and maybe with a bit lighter touch.
Thanks
VortexRanger
accidental post
cptnal
As a postscript to the faux-Reichian time slipping idea, my rendition of the Mending Song from Bagpuss has finally passed the scrutiny of the Freesound moderators. It seems it sails close to the wind in terms of copyright, but since its license is non-commercial they've let it slide. In deference to their decision I won't splash the link all over interwebs, but it shouldn't be hard for the interested wiggler to find... thumbs up
jnduffie
Oliver Postgate for the win!

That was fantastic, cptnal!
SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 12 of 15