MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Morphagene Compositions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Morphagene Compositions
kxx303
djangelmonroy wrote:

This is absolutely beautiful we're not worthy

How do you create the pad sounds? It's all from MG?

Thanks a lot!
Yes, the pad is all MG.
It was a one big slice of sound with almost no high frequency content. Cannot remember what piece of sound it was. Gene size knob at minimum or slightly above, morph at noon. Gene size, morph and start were modulated slightly. And gene smoothing option was set to “on” here.

Shimmer is from erbe-verb, and rain sound i added afterwards in Reaper to fill upper register a little.
kxx303
Tenderosa wrote:
kxx303 wrote:
Morphagene through some filtering and ErbeVerb can give some William Basinski vibe:

Gorgeous

Thank you. I appreciate.
Bob Charlotte
Hi ! This is my addition to this wonderful post (lots of inspirational pieces here).

This patch is essentially MG doing his thing, hope you like it!

Patch notes are on the video description on YT if you'd like to know.
mother misty
Great stuff in this thread! thumbs up thumbs up

Here's another Morphagene recording
(with some help from Mysteron, Wasp, Black Hole DSP & Plaits)

[s]https://soundcloud.com/mario-de-meyer/m-session-040[/s]
mother misty
JES wrote:
Greetings. I'd like to hear more about how people are making pads and drones with this. Everything sounds great with reverb on top, but I'm curious how one smoothes out the sound before going into reverb and delay.

You don't really have to smooth much out, the 'morph' parameter takes care of this. If you turn this full ccw you'll have a gap/click which can be usefull, if you turn it further you'll have a perfect loop, turn it even furter and you'll get (overlapping) copies.

JES wrote:
I know Morphagene can't do separate pitch and time, but is there a way to get a "cloud" of samples from a very small part of a recording, modulated a little bit for start point, without a bunch of clicking sounds?

Thanks.

Morphagene can time strech and pitchshift. With very small gene sizes and morph turned CW you can get in that grain/cloud territory, the slide parameter controls where you are in the sample/slice.
ayruos
Another live set, another one where the Morphagene was used extensively.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/obl_que/live-at-process-topcat-ccu-rosie-mix  [/s]

https://soundcloud.com/obl_que/live-at-process-topcat-ccu-rosie-mix
cptnal
ayruos wrote:
Another live set, another one where the Morphagene was used extensively.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/obl_que/live-at-process-topcat-ccu-rosie-mix  [/s]

https://soundcloud.com/obl_que/live-at-process-topcat-ccu-rosie-mix

Soundcloud is supposed to email me when you do that angry

So thanks for posting it here. thumbs up
NoLegs
Used the Morphagene for time-lag accumulation on the entire mix, I think it turned out pretty well. I had it clocked in a 1/3 division of the master clock.

cptnal
NoLegs wrote:
Used the Morphagene for time-lag accumulation on the entire mix, I think it turned out pretty well. I had it clocked in a 1/3 division of the master clock.

cool

What's making the pretty lights in the corner?
NoLegs
Which corner?
cptnal
NoLegs wrote:
Which corner?

Just watched it again on full screen. Your screensaver kicks in after five minutes. oops
Narraboth
Does anyone have a video of something made with Morphagene + Wogglebug? I'd love to see that combo in action
ayruos
Narraboth wrote:
Does anyone have a video of something made with Morphagene + Wogglebug? I'd love to see that combo in action

Really short clip and probably not very helpful either, but this is a little snippet from what I was working on a couple of months ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzsPIWJlzeR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

WoggleBug Stepped Out to MG Slide,
WoggleBug Smooth Out to MG Gene Size,
WoggleBug Woggle Out to Varispeed

with different attenuverters dialled in manually. MG wasn't being clocked, but the Wogglebug was.
cptnal
Narraboth wrote:

This sounds like a two-module challenge! hyper
Mashmore
Here is a loop from the morphagene getting processed by the 100 grit.

minigmgoit
I usually use mine to create drones to play my cello over the top of. I should really record something.
joeSeggiola
minigmgoit wrote:
I usually use mine to create drones to play my cello over the top of. I should really record something.

I love cello in electronic music (do you know Alexander Tucker? but he's more like in reverse, cello super-low drones as a canvas for synths, guitar and voices), can't wait to listen at something. Also, record a fat-sounding cello drones reel for our Morphagenes! XD
electricanada
minigmgoit wrote:

Yeah, I want to hear that! I have recently collected the parts to build myself a 2-string electric cello--a set of bass tuners, a set of cello strings, and a pickup. Now I just need to get some wood and make the thing.
reppiks
Here is a vid of a live set I did last weekend. Only sound source is the samples that I recorded live into the Morphagene during the first few minutes of the performance. Then lots of NE distortion (3 of 'em!), WMD MSCL, R*S Res Eq. I wrote a little more about the gig on my blog here: Untangled Guts Comeback

djd_oz
^ that's a creative way to use the Morphagene, I mostly use Morphagene in Time Lag Accumulation mode, below is an example. Will have to think of other ways to use this module.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/djd_oz/morphagene-7[/s]

Rubicon (Sub into TZFM) -> Optomix -> Ultrafold -> Dual Wasp Filter -> Black Hole DSP2 -> Morphagene -> Portastudio (half speed)

EN129 -> Optomix -> Ultrafold feedback
cptnal
djd_oz wrote:
^ that's a creative way to use the Morphagene, I mostly use Morphagene in Time Lag Accumulation mode, below is an example. Will have to think of other ways to use this module.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/djd_oz/morphagene-7[/s]

Rubicon (Sub into TZFM) -> Optomix -> Ultrafold -> Dual Wasp Filter -> Black Hole DSP2 -> Morphagene -> Portastudio (half speed)

EN129 -> Optomix -> Ultrafold feedback

I know this is a Morphagene thread, but a quick thanks for that Rubicon self-patching trick. Hadn't thought of that, and it sounds totes amazeballs! Guinness ftw!
djd_oz
Another variation of this trick is to patch the Sub into a filter and then into the TZFM input.
VM
reppiks wrote:
Here is a vid of a live set I did last weekend.

I enjoyed that a lot, thanks. Have to say I didn't enjoy the first 5 mins of 'sound creation' before you started running it through the modular, it just seemed a bit superfluous and kinda just made me impatient. But yeah the actual modular performance slayed, *especially* the outro. A lot of noise artists lean very heavily on the "fuck you, im unplugging everything now"-style ending, but I thought the way your set tapered off was really nice.
reppiks
Thanks VM!! Appreciate the feedback.
Yeah I know what you mean about the first 5min... still trying out different ideas for how to create the sound samples live as part of the set...
dooj88
reppiks wrote:
Thanks VM!! Appreciate the feedback.
Yeah I know what you mean about the first 5min... still trying out different ideas for how to create the sound samples live as part of the set...

yeah that was pretty sick. i haven't seen/head any noise stuff since my college days, but that had some nice fluctuations going. i'll agree about the building samples process. maybe have everything available and show how you build the soundset up, but really have everything pre-recorded and saved on an MPC or something you so dont have to audition it live. in that way you're performing examples of the samples, and then proceeding on to the modular piece more quickly.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 15 of 16