MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Meris Mercury7
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Meris Mercury7
JohnLRice
Starting a thread for this newer pedal https://www.meris.us/product/mercury7-reverb-pedal/

and the 500 series version that has been around for a little while.
https://www.meris.us/product/mercury7-reverb/

I just got the pedal version yesterday, here's a quick test:
numan7
it certainly looks interesting!

the website mentions that all parameters can be controlled via cv-pedal. have you tried this yet, JLR? how do you go about setting the cv-amts for the individual params?

cheers
NoLegs
Nice! I really want one of these. Thanks for the demo. What was the female chorus sound you used towards the end? That sounded especially nice through the pedal.
JohnLRice
numan7 wrote:
it certainly looks interesting!

the website mentions that all parameters can be controlled via cv-pedal. have you tried this yet, JLR? how do you go about setting the cv-amts for the individual params?

cheers
I haven't tried CV control yet but I saw a demo and it looks pretty slick! With say a volumn pedal in the heel position you set all the knobs to their starting position an then you move the pedal to the to position and set all the knobs to the desired ending position. Once that is done you can use the volume pedal to morph between the two settings! eek! hyper thumbs up I think it might be interesting to try under sequencer control to for having some obvious effect on certain notes/steps and not on others!
JohnLRice
NoLegs wrote:
Nice! I really want one of these. Thanks for the demo. What was the female chorus sound you used towards the end? That sounded especially nice through the pedal.
Thanks! The first half of the demo was all modular synth an the second half was all Mellotron M4000D.
NoLegs
JohnLRice wrote:
NoLegs wrote:
Thanks! The first half of the demo was all modular synth an the second half was all Mellotron M4000D.

Ah that explains it. Gotta love the Mellotron. Thanks man! It's peanut butter jelly time!
rauch
sounds good for sure but does it sound like a 224?
rauch
how is it on drums / percussive sounds?
Klangzaun
Thanks for the demo. I am interested in the cv control as well. Did someone tried this out?
sneak-thief
Re. CV control - I'll try it out this weekend and report back.

One thing that I find irritating is that the wet/dry knob jumps from ~80% wet to 100% wet in non-swell mode. Swell mode doesn't have this jump but a stereo input signal becomes mono.

So if you're looking for a smooth dry to fully wet transition, you're not going to get it. I haven't fully tested this with CV and MIDI yet.

The rationalization is that many people want 100% wet and it's an easy way to set that. What the heck, if they're concerned about people for some reason not being able to reach 100% wet when turning the knob, why not just have a steeper mix curve that ends sooner instead of a drastic switch at 3/4 of the knob rotation?

Others have mentioned this: http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=55890&start=390#p121675 7
Klangzaun
Thanks for checking the CV control.

Actually I am considering to get the Mercury7, the upcoming Ventris or the Immerse Reverberator.

I would set them to 100% wet as I want to use it as send effect.
smetak
I have their Ottobit - excellent effect and the filter is impressive. Thought about the Mercury 7, but blew a good deal of coin on Clouds, a Happy Ending kit and a pricey Wren & Cuff fuzz, so will have to settle for the new TC HOF, which costs less then half. No Mercury for me, unfortunately.....
dkcg
Tried the Buchla through Mercury as a send effect in the mixer. Sounds great! No clipping (I set it to line mode, it defaults to instrument levels), and it's a lot of fun using an exp pedal to change so many settings at the same time.

I think it's better with pads than drums or other percussion, but overall a really useful delay with a unique exp imlementation.
sneak-thief
I've had good results with percussion by cutting the low frequency pot, dropping the modulation and dialing back intra-tank pitch shift and decay. For me at least, this creates less busy tails that fit in the mix better.

Also, zero modulation with piano sounds great.

For that long-decaying Blade Runner boom on low percussive sounds, kill the high and turn low up all the way and the bloom washes over like massive explosion.

Don't underestimate the palette and level of complexity of this pedal - when you start to experiment with all of the controls, it has a much wider range than at first glance.

It's also the antithesis of menu diving in a Lexi PCM. The immediate controls invite quick results and much gratification.
dkcg
Cross posted from a thread in the Buchla forum since this is dripping wet with the Mercury in Cathedral mode.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/ibdk/my-precious-dpo[/s]
Klangzaun
Ok, guys. You got me. I ordered the Mercury7 today.

btw: I have asked the Meris team about the mentioned midi cable and 4 button switch. Both will be released in a while as they told me. May I will check out that midi cable, but I'm not sure if do need presets.
rauch
@dkcg thanks sounds great! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1