MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modularism: modular box set
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Modularism: modular box set
windchill
Law and Auder Records have put together a collection dedicated to modular synthesis. The release will include over 30 pieces from many artists, including Scanner, Wrangler, and Laurie Spiegel.

In addition to Digital and CD they are hoping to offer a 6LP Vinyl Box Set.

Featured artists include; Anémochorie, Angelo Metz, Bana Haffar, Bovaflux, Cary Grace, Blaubac, Cherif Hashizume, Christine Webster, Christophe Beck, Cursor Miner, Dallas Acid, DivKid, Eden Gray, Electric Fish, Galcid + Hisashi Saito, Head [Space], HRTL, Kumo, L-Shape, Laurie Spiegel, Misterben, Myoptik, Neuroportal, Pearl’, POB (Patrick O’Brien), Richard Quirk, Scanner, Solvent, The Horn, The SoLow, The Tuesday Night Machines, Vactrol Park, VCOADSR, Vilmos Anomaly, VLK, Wrangler, Yorkshire Modular Society.

https://www.gearnews.com/modularism-ultimate-modular-box-set/

(Full Disclosure: I'm one of the artists, Blaubac, but I'm a small cog in a very big machine.)
MrNezumi
An "ultimate" modular box set without anything by W. Carlos, J. Perrey, or G. Kingsley (to name a few) seriously, i just don't get it
windchill
MrNezumi wrote:
An "ultimate" modular box set without anything by W. Carlos, J. Perrey, or G. Kingsley (to name a few) seriously, i just don't get it

To be fair that unfortunate phrase comes from the gearnews story that I linked to, not from Law and Auder Records. Also the collection is focusing on current modular activity and is not intended to be a restrospective.
You have a point though - I have edited the post title. I don't want to be responsible for any click-bait on this forum. grin
Vcoadsr
Here's the link to the official 'Modularism' pledgemusic page (disclosure: I was also invited to contribute - as Blaubac says this a collection of current tracks using modular by contemporary artists):

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/modularism

I'm very interested to hear the wide range of styles, so hoping this hits it's target & gets some love here on Muffs.
lud
Sounds like a great idea and project but selling 500 boxsets at £85 is ambitious!
Hope it works out well though smile
windchill
lud wrote:
Sounds like a great idea and project but selling 500 boxsets at £85 is ambitious!

Indeed. The Vinyl is very much the high-end option. Digital and CD are available at more down-to-earth prices.

Like all things modular it's a labour of love.
amnesia
Sounds interesting but would like to hear all the music I would be purchasing first.
windchill
amnesia wrote:
Sounds interesting but would like to hear all the music I would be purchasing first.

I'm assuming Law and Auder are sorting out some previews of the music. I've just reminded them anyway.
richardisabelle
Same here. Very interested in this, possibly even the vinyl, but I'd like to hear some clips first.
windchill
I imagine there may be more to come but Law and Auder just put up some extracts from the forthcoming release:

mousegarden
windchill wrote:
I imagine there may be more to come but Law and Auder just put up some extracts from the forthcoming release:

Was that one giant piece? If it isn't it should be, sounds cool as it is.
richardisabelle
Not one giant piece; it's a medley. Sold me on it for sure. Now just to decide if I'm in for the vinyl box...
mousegarden
richardisabelle wrote:
Not one giant piece; it's a medley. Sold me on it for sure. Now just to decide if I'm in for the vinyl box...

It does work for me as one giant piece! hmmm.....
richardisabelle
mousegarden wrote:
richardisabelle wrote:

It does work for me as one giant piece! hmmm.....

Yea, it's put together very well.
mousegarden
MrNezumi wrote:

Can you imagine trying to put anything together with contributions from Carlos? It would be a legal nightmare.
mdoudoroff
I just pledged for a download version based on the Modular Podcast interview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQbHqZjeXm0)

I’d love to be proven wrong, but the pre-sales bar seems dauntingly high.
petersandbach
Excellent. Put in an order for the digital version!
richardisabelle
mdoudoroff wrote:

I’d love to be proven wrong, but the pre-sales bar seems dauntingly high.

At this point I'm just hoping they at least do the digital version.
soundslikejoe
I shouldn't... but I did. Vinyl order for me!
hihi
nickbaba
Nice to hear the selection - sounds pretty cool.

I'd be interested to sign up for the vinyl - would be good to know if it'll come with a download included?
BarneyRubble
I really hope this happens but digital only for me - I love the vinyl idea but gave it up in the 80's for CD's. Preorder is in here's hoping. applause
richardisabelle
I asked about the availability of the digital version in case they don't make the vinyl goal, and here's the response:

I can confirm that digital download of Modularism will be available in the event that our vinly/cd campaign fails to succeed.

I hope the entire campaign makes it, but this is great to hear.
nickbaba
Went back and read the webpage again - answered my own question, yes, the vinyl and CD versions will come with a bundled digital download.

Sadly, seeing the level of pledges so far, and even counting my own personal vinyl pledge, I'd guess its pretty unlikely that lovely vinyl box will ever see the light of day... but I hope I'm proved wrong.

Looking fwd to the digital version, either way.
mg05
I hope for the vinyl! I just preordered one.

Quote:

£85 is a lot of money. But calling this price 'ambitious' in a modular synth forum...
rembrandtvanrijn
Haha yes immediately didn't strike me as too ambitious on here! Would love the vinyl but sadly I could a buy a module instead and for someone building up their system there's only one choice there.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2