MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reverb
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Reverb
cocco88
looking for a reverb (/delay) to pair with my modular / tenori-on / omnichord

i like what i ear about Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run and Transmisser but they are a bit pricey

some combo or single pedal to advice?
Apfelmann
did you check out the EHX Canyon? Reverb/Delay in one pedal and quite affordable, only tried ot at a store with a tele and princeton reverb, sounded lovely
rauch
some cheap combo pedals

zoom ms70cdr.
boss rv3
behringer dr400

but to be honest i would not skimp on effects.
better save up and buy a nice reverb and a nice delay pedal
Muzone
I don't have modular but I have the EQD Transmisser, it seems pretty sensitive to input levels and frequency.

It's certainly a good creative tool but I'd class it as an occasional spice rather than salt'n'pepper
prscrptn
Earthquaker Devices - Dispatch Master is a good option thumbs up
Metatarsals
There is the Keeley Caverns as well (as all the good suggestions above this one).
GGW
For cost to performance, I like my TC Hall of Fame. You could get the Mini and create a tone print the way you want it.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/hall-of-fame-mini-reverb/
abandonist
I just got a Red Panda Context. Really nice pedal. Can get nuts, or nice and subtle. Has a delay setting, too. Not cheap, but not too expensive at $225 new.
rauch
boss re20
strymon el capistan

both nice delays with spring reverb emulation
grep
Not cheap but the Empress Reverb is excellent.
Demi Jon
GGW wrote:
For cost to performance, I like my TC Hall of Fame. You could get the Mini and create a tone print the way you want it.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/hall-of-fame-mini-reverb/

Agreed. This pedal is very reasonably priced for very high quality. The non-Mini version is stereo as well. I am super-impressed with TC stuff (also have their crazy Triple Delay).
Metatarsals
abandonist wrote:
I just got a Red Panda Context. Really nice pedal. Can get nuts, or nice and subtle. Has a delay setting, too. Not cheap, but not too expensive at $225 new.

Red Panda pedals are the shit. I second this. Worth the extra shekels...
durwin
prscrptn wrote:
Earthquaker Devices - Dispatch Master is a good option thumbs up

Second that!
zilzilzilzil
TC hall of fame is really a great choice for the cost. Otherwise if you want to save for it, the Strymon big sky is great. Their blue sky is cheaper and also really good.
Jturbide
No delay on this one but the Industrialectric RM-1N is a hell of a pedal! Really unique reverb/distortion combo.
smetak
Metatarsals wrote:
abandonist wrote:

Red Panda pedals are the shit. I second this. Worth the extra shekels...

I second that! Have both the Particle and Raster - hot, hot stuff!

But for cheap reverb, the mini HOF by TC Electronic for $70 beans.

And you can still horse around with the tone editor thing.
tuj
cdr70 by zoom. Lots of different programs in there.
Vanderfuzz
I'd second the TC HoF for reverb. Strymon BlueSky is what I'm using for guitar and modular, but it may be a bit pricey. The Red Panda Context is nice, too. I sold it for guitar purposes, but wish I still had it for the modular.
Sinamsis
I have an Avalanche Run and Transmisser. The Transmisser is not really versatile in my experience. It's nice, but a bit of a one trick pony. The Avalanche Run is fantastic, and has both delay and reverb. Really awesome. The new Empress Echosystem seems very promising as well, and has delay and reverb, with the benefit of running two delays at a time, in series or parallel. It's pricey though.

For budget, the TC Electronics stuff is pretty nice.
Just me
The Line 6 ToneCore Verbzilla is Killa. Best inexpensive reverb I've used. I still use mine. El capistan for tape emulation
I have 6 other reverbs and delays that get varying amounts of use.
When recording, my Roland stereo is about all I use. But it is the most expensive shy of a PCM 42.
Sinamsis
Oh, I forgot to mention the Caroline Meteore. Just snagged one and I LOVE it. Haven't used it for modular yet, but on guitar it sounds great.
smetak
Boss is releasing their new reverb - there's mention on the comments that the preorders are about US$350.

The demo did impress me quite a bit.
esotericmetal
The avalanche run actually seems pretty reasonably priced, especially if you get one used. A lot of the options other people are suggesting are all in the same price range as well.
smetak
esotericmetal wrote:
The avalanche run actually seems pretty reasonably priced, especially if you get one used. A lot of the options other people are suggesting are all in the same price range as well.

Although I have an Avalanche Run and am a big fan of all things EQD, if you're looking solely for a reverb, I wouldn't bet on the Avalanche Run - yes, its a great pedal, but its thing is mixing both reverb and delay and using an expression pedal to control the parameters.

Considering that Muff is all about modular synths (even though this is a guitar/bass section), if I were searching for a reverb, maybe I would be looking elsewhere instead of the Avalanche Run.

Probably be looking for a Space or something by Strymon (yes, both quite up there in the price range) or this new reverb by Boss (seems that its a tad cheaper than the aforementioned) - the demo is very impressive. And these units can well serve both guitar and synth. Although the reverb in the Avalanche Run sounds steep and lush, very high quality, indeed, it may be a bit limited, especially for those who are out to explore different textures or want something a tad different synthwise.
durwin
An older Mono Neunaber Wet could be good, get one with the tone knob.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2