MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

disting mk4 firmware announcement thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author disting mk4 firmware announcement thread
os
This thread is where new firmware for the disting mk4 will be announced.

Please post comments, requests etc. as new threads.
os
10th May 2017 - v4.1

Removed the grouping of algorithms into banks.
Added Audio Recorder algorithm.
Added MIDI/CV and CV/MIDI algorithms.
Added MIDI output to Quantizer, Random Quantized CVs and MIDI Playback algorithms.
Added MIDI CC control over algorithm parameters.
Added multiplier parameter to the Clockable Delay algorithm.
Added speed parameter to the Tape Delay algorithm.
Random Quantized CVs algorithm now displays the selected scale's name.
Fixed the behaviour of the Phaser algorithm at extreme feedback settings.
Algorithm names are now shown correctly when selected via the Favourites.
Fixed a bug in SD playback modes which use parameters that could cause crashes or memory corruption.

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/distingfirmwareupdates.html
Tubefund
Great update. Like the way of regrouping, this takes more advantage of the display and the speed to dial algorithms in.
Recording mode :yay
a100user
Thanks OS for listening and producing great product.
kriskeyser
Os, this is great! I'm looking forward to the audio recorder being added to the mk3 firmware as well.

I was wondering whether it'd be possible to record audio onto the SD card using the new audio recorder algorithm and then switch to the audio playback mode to replay that audio without removing the sd card, manually editing the playlist file, and then putting the card back in. I'm guessing no unless the audio recorded algorithm also appends the new filename to the playlist file. Is this the case or no?

Thanks again!
os
The only workaround at the moment would be to preemptively create the playlist with the names of the files that will be recorded. (Files that don't yet exist will just be ignored.)
kriskeyser
That works for me! Thank you!
c0nsumer
Really, really looking forward to installing this tonight. Thank you!

I apologize if I missed it elsewhere, but will some sort of official MIDI port add-on be available eventually?
os
Yes, soon.
c0nsumer
os wrote:
Yes, soon.

Woo! Thank you. grin
risome
Installed the new firmware for Disting Mk4 V4.1 and its great a great module gets even better.Oh and did i say how helpful Andrew is.He sorted out a couple of issues for me and his customer service is second to none ...you just cant buy that sort of help Cheers Andrew ..Richard S Miley Cyrus applause applause applause applause applause
Setherian
I keep getting the message "firmware not found" and I rechecked 3 times that the file I unzipped is inside the card. Now what? confused

update: It was apparently just a matter of not using the adapter that came with my card.. its fine now! smile
detomaso
Os, big thanks for all the huge work and efforts for creating this dream tool in 4hp! Great job!
ilovefrog
When will the mk4 receive the Dual Quantizer and Euclidian Patterns added to the mk3?
os
In a couple of weeks. Busy shipping modules right now!
ilovefrog
os wrote:
In a couple of weeks. Busy shipping modules right now!

Thanks for your response. Happy to hear this, too, because I'm planning on getting a second one!
phutureboy
Not sure this is possible at the moment but would it be possible to have the Knob Recorder feature in the Dual Euclidian Patterns mode ?
os
The double use of the Z push button means that it's either knob recorder or multiple parameters, and the Euclidean mode has multiple parameters.
derpy
Any idea when the MK4 firmware will be hackable, or sample project available on github?
os
No definite schedule, but I wouldn't expect it particularly soon.
derpy
os wrote:
No definite schedule, but I wouldn't expect it particularly soon.

Ok, thanks for the update. I look forward to it whenever it becomes possible smile
os
29th June 2017 - v4.2

Added Wavetable VCO algorithm.
Added MIDI Clock algorithm.
Added Dual Quantizer algorithm.
Added Dual Euclidean Patterns algorithm.
Added Dual Delayed Pulse Generator algorithm.
Added Dual Sample and Hold algorithm.
Added a Track and Hold mode to the Sample and Hold algorithm.
Added MIDI control over the Z function.
Added MIDI note control over the Quantizer algorithm's Key.

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/distingfirmwareupdates.html
bemushroomed
Cool smile Is some of this coming to mk3 as well?
os
It's all already there, apart from the wavetable VCO.

And the MIDI stuff, obviously, which cannot be ported to the mk3.
n0rd
os wrote:
29th June 2017 - v4.2

Added Wavetable VCO algorithm.

Just updated to 4.2 and tried Wavetable VCO... it crashes Disting. Now Disting just constantly reboots.

Went back to 4.1 and it boots but it's in some weird mode where 'Z' just changes a hex number on the display.

Same for 4.0.

Changed back to 4.2, same as before. Constantly reboots.
Disting displays "B1 V4.2" then reboots. Repeat.

Steve
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2