MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MX9 9x9 Pin Matrix Module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Future Sound Systems  
Author MX9 9x9 Pin Matrix Module
titanium
Hello!

I am interested in this module as it could be a brilliant buffered mult solution, but can find very little information on the buffered version which includes the MX9A board. I have a couple of questions, some a bit "out there" wink

- Basically wondering if it is technically possible use more than the supplied amount of banana plugs into the MX9, or would this cause loss of voltage?
- Would it be physically possible to fit 81 plugs and have 9 outputs outputting the 9 inputs in unity gain and have all the output voltages equal the input voltages added up?
- What would be the approx. tolerance on the ouput voltages?

Cheers!
futuresoundsystems
Hi there!

Apologies for the late reply - we don't swing by here that much anymore...

You can use all 81 points of the matrix simultaneously, there's nothing to stop you. The MTX9A card will clip as the output signal reaches towards the power rails, however. We stock extra bags of pins for use with the matrix - you can certainly use more than the 10 that are supplied as standard.

How do you mean by output tolerance?

Cheers!
Fin
NS4W
So all signals are mixed before they get passed on to an output?
stk
If I may jump into this thread with a question of my own -
How is the performance of the buffered board with line-level (not modular) signals?
futuresoundsystems
NS4W wrote:
So all signals are mixed before they get passed on to an output?

It depends on where you've inserted the patch pins. If I patched Ins 1, 5 and 7 to Out E, you'd hear Ins 1, 5 and 7 mixed on Out E. You might experience crosstalk between this signals on the passive version too, but none whatsoever on the active version.
futuresoundsystems
stk wrote:
If I may jump into this thread with a question of my own -
How is the performance of the buffered board with line-level (not modular) signals?

Absolutely fine, I use the MTX9s with external line sources all the time smile
One thing you can do with the active matrix, is use a stackable to join several inputs together, then add those stacked inputs to the same output. This results in a positive gain. For example, if you had the input three times across the matrix, you'd end up with a gain of 3 at the matrix.
RussiaZero23
Any Videos Showing the MTX9 Buffered in action?

Would like to see how it handles sending the multiple signal to the same out or the other way around.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Future Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1