MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting Feature Requests
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Disting Feature Requests
n0rd
Just wondering if a "Round Robin" SD card playback mode/playlist could be possible? So instead of X being retrigger, it triggers next item in the list.

Maybe Y could change type/mode (ie normal retrigger, trigger next sample, trigger random sample etc) and Z could select next Round Robin list?

Steve
os
It's certainly possible.
miminashi
How about normalling the noise output to the input on the S&H? Or adding a parameter to mix the noise with the input?
LongLostDonut
I've just got a mk4, which I am loving so far. I'd like to submit an FR increase the amount of display time for the number of the audio file which appears when you change file using the S knob on bank I4 (audio playback with Z speed)... it currently only shows for the briefest of moments, a few tens of ms more would make it more usable to quickly see which file you're playing.
n0rd
Two channel CV recorder please.

Steve
os
Is that something different from the existing audio recorder mode?
n0rd
os wrote:
Is that something different from the existing audio recorder mode?

Recorded file plays back immediately after you stop recording without having to change modes. (Disting is DC coupled isn't it?) Use it for recording filter cutoff etc

This mode would need three settings: (Done with 'Z' maybe?)
Monitor (audio from X and Y plays through to A and B).
Recording (like monitor but is recording to file).
Playback (immediately plays recorded file without changing mode. X and Y muted).

Maybe a single channel CV recorder might allow greater functionality. Frees up 'X' for retrigger etc.
Maybe play/record file only when gate is high. Option to toggle between output A or B. (So record1 plays via 'A', record2 plays via 'B').

Steve
Setherian
I also think a dedicated CV recorder function that actually does not focus on creating files is sweet, just store momentarily and loop two inputs (lets imagine a pitch modulator and an amplitude modulator) (or just clock/rhythm signals!) as soon as the voltage goes below 0.5, since there would be only one input (Z) to control the recording process, to make the new feature really singular I could imagine a process of clicking the button to switch its functionality after its looping the buffer, for instance out of my mind it could turn it into "processing mode" and offer a myriad of processes separated by voltage range, organized from totally CCW all the way to CW: processes could be "reverse", "switch" (side chains the buffer with the input?), "stutter", "skip", change buffer size w/ consequent pitch modulation or... , because its separated by range, you can easily compose a narrative with a sequencer...
I understand this could also be somewhat implemented to the audio recorder, but perhaps a dedicated algo for "CV Looper" makes much sense as I don't see people very interested in storing "gestures" for future use as much as "audio files". But "we" would love to loop them and mess up a little with them and do it again, again, countless times really, its another mentality really and a useful one!

Guinness ftw!
LongLostDonut
+1 for a CV looper, it would be an awesome addition. I would love to own a Bishop's Miscellany, but only had 4hp left on my rack which I've just filled that with a 3rd Disting!
joskery
I have a request:

Would it be possible to extract gates from 1v/oct streams with a Disting? Mutable Braids, for instance, has this built-in: If there's nothing patched to the gate input, a change in 1v/oct makes Braids trigger it's internal envelope with only a 1v/oct signal present.

This would be really interesting with a bunch of CV sources. One particular use I have in mind is with a Malekko Voltage Block: The module sends quantized CV, but has no gate output.
os
You could do that with the quantiser.
joskery
Oh my god, I'm blind. I checked out the algorithm description for the quantizer, but somehow managed to miss the description for output B – just read about the trigger IN feature of input Y.

Wow. Sorry, and thanks! I had a creeping suspicion the Disting does this – as is with most of the things I actually manage to think of in my head, with my brain.
bemushroomed
n0rd wrote:
Just wondering if a "Round Robin" SD card playback mode/playlist could be possible? So instead of X being retrigger, it triggers next item in the list.

Excellent suggestion smile

Hope to see it implemented.
3lbFlax
I installed a mk4 just before the weekend and it's fitting in very nicely. But, like a spoiled child, I've already come up with two wishlist requests.

The first is to make the quantizer code available to the various v/oct sound source algorithms, if there's room for it, so I can jam my Wogglebug straight into the Disting and tame it.

The second is for a 2-out clock divider / multiplier algorithm. I know I can get a single one from the clockable LFO, but I figure with A and B as outputs you could have A's factor set by Z and B's set as a parameter - so B is fixed, but A can be controlled by CV (or perhaps set them both via params and then modify / rotate them both with Z). If X and Y are patched then you have separate channels, but if you only patch X then it would drive both outputs. I guess this could just as easily be a dual clocked LFO limited to square waves...

Well, those are my two chip-ins, and apologies if they're old chestnuts. I see that a probability / Bernoulli gate has already been suggested, and I'd certainly lend my vote to that too. But as I say, I feel fairly ashamed for asking when there's a pile of algorithms in the unit that I haven't even tried yet...
mecanikill
I would love to see the following effects implemented.
Flanger
Chorus
Frequency Shifter
Reverse Delay
Shledge
Have an idea for an algo, what does everyone reckon?

Logic:
- Z determines logic output for A/B (eg. A could be AND and B could be XOR) and can be cycled via CV (so AND/OR can cycle to NAND/EXNOR), possibly handy for making dynamic triggers for drums?
- Pressing Z gives parameters to change the type of logic type, eg. from boolean to flip-flop
- X/Y to accept CV to determine logic output
- A for primary logic output, B for secondary logic output - if in flip-flop mode X/Y alternates between A/B
- If audio is used then XOR type ring modulation could be possible
3lbFlax
mecanikill wrote:
Flanger
Chorus
Frequency Shifter
Reverse Delay

The VC Delay can handle flanger / chorus duties, though you do need to provide an LFO. I guess with a dedicated chorus or flanger algorithm you'd still be looking at an external mod source for maximum flexibility - otherwise you'd need to rely heavily on parameter settings (which would be fine for set-and-forget patches).
mecanikill
3lbFlax wrote:
mecanikill wrote:
Flanger
Chorus
Frequency Shifter
Reverse Delay

The VC Delay can handle flanger / chorus duties, though you do need to provide an LFO. I guess with a dedicated chorus or flanger algorithm you'd still be looking at an external mod source for maximum flexibility - otherwise you'd need to rely heavily on parameter settings (which would be fine for set-and-forget patches).

Yes I know how to do that with a short delay line but I would like dedicated ones with Taylor controls for them. I would really love it if someone so.eday made a thru zero flanger like the EHX flanger hoax.
mecanikill
And also a PLL would be nice.
dsp909
A low pass gate would be nice. smile
Kaput
I've already mentioned this to Os in an email, but I love the idea of a multi-flavour Noise source. Red > Pink > White > Blue, maybe with the ability to morph between them. thumbs up
Montgomery Word
i would like two channels of the 4ms QCD to be mimicked in the disting.

e.g.
X in clock A
Y in clock B
Z cv in for further dividing or multiplying clocks A or B Or both.

A out and
B out can be any division or multiplication of X in and Y in, chosen with Z knob for each.

is this possible? i sold my qcd to slim down and i'd like it.
big job head
Hi!

would be more than happy to see a eurorack to ems synthi/vc3 converter (0,32V/oct cv, 4V gate)
As the disting already have euro to buchla conversion i think it should be pretty easy to do it.
But maybe it's a too specific use?

Thanks.
adam
Montgomery Word wrote:
i would like two channels of the 4ms QCD to be mimicked in the disting.

e.g.
X in clock A
Y in clock B
Z cv in for further dividing or multiplying clocks A or B Or both.

A out and
B out can be any division or multiplication of X in and Y in, chosen with Z knob for each.

is this possible? i sold my qcd to slim down and i'd like it.

clockable LFO sort of does this
mrerdat
Hi Os,

It'd be great to see some sort of playlist quantizer mode where users can program their own scales/chords in a text file and scroll through each one like you'd scroll through samples in any of the sampler modes.

The stock quantizer modes are cool but the default scale/chord choices are a bit limited. There are some choices in there I never use and a bunch of scales/chords I wish it had, so it'd be cool to have user-definable playlists of chords/scales to make it concise for live performances.

This alone would make the quantizer so much more useful than it already is.

And if you wanted to go even further and render all other Eurorack quantizers obsolete you could add options for each scale in the playlist file to define number of notes per octave: 12 would be the default for chromatic, for something microtonal people could enter something like 19,25,57, whatever. Also a pitch or voltage bias parameter for every note would useful if people wanted to tune individual notes for things like just intonation.

Having a user-defined playlist to do all of this would mean that people could make the quantizer as simple and deep as they want it to be and take much of the scale/chord programming burden off your hands.

Any possibility of this being implemented? Thanks for your time.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2