Hateflesh

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, lisa, Joe.

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Hateflesh

Post by Infinity Curve » Sat May 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Huba-Swift
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Huba-Swift » Sat May 13, 2017 5:50 pm

:eek: Scary... Sounds like demons coming out of an old television set. I Quite like it :tu:

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Sat May 13, 2017 6:17 pm

It's a resonant eq in a feedback loop through a vca, heavily modulated cycling slope generator cving the vca, then through a modulated VCFQ, then over to the euro, through a heavy modulated Chronoblob with a heavily modulated bionic Lester in its feedback loop, and then into the coco which is...you guessed it...heavily modulated. I've got the whole thing running through a bit of overdrive and tube distortion in ableton.

The patch is driving itself and I don't touch it. I'm lazy

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat May 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Infinity Curve wrote: The patch is driving itself and I don't touch it. I'm lazy
You're afraid to touch it! :zombie:
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Sun May 14, 2017 9:13 am

MindMachine wrote:
Infinity Curve wrote: The patch is driving itself and I don't touch it. I'm lazy
You're afraid to touch it! :zombie:
Haha, no. I just like setting up patches with complex cv interactions and letting them go. I may tweak things here and there, but once I get it in a good zone, I just leave it and enjoy the chaos that ensues. I've had this patched up for a couple days, and just recorded it so I can rip out the patch today and start something new. When pretty much everything is being modulated by something else and the modulators are modulating each other, I don't really need to touch anything, it all evolves on its own.

syncretism
Morbidly self-aware and liking it

Post by syncretism » Sun May 14, 2017 9:19 am

It wasn't a deliberate aesthetic decision on my part, but that's sort of how I patch, too. My output's a lot tamer than this, though. You captured some really cool moments in this!

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Sun May 14, 2017 9:30 am

Ya, I've definitely been drifting into a more pure noise zone lately, I've been enjoying making patches that essentially break everything until they start spitting out horrendous sounds and glitches. It's great sampler fodder, if I had any inclination to revisit recordings after I record them, haha.

gotthavok
Common Wiggler

Post by gotthavok » Mon May 22, 2017 3:11 am

the journey is the point anyway

Return to “Synth Noise”