MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MMO-3 a new synthesizer for timbre exploration by Nozoïd
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author MMO-3 a new synthesizer for timbre exploration by Nozoïd
ocs
Hello,

After the success of the OCS-2, I'm glad to announce that the MMO-3 synthesizer is finally ready for delivery!

MMO-3 is a digital, semi-modular synthesizer built around various types of modulation synthesis (AM, FM, PM, WS), this synthesizer is mostly dedicated to atonal sound generation.
From fat drones, glitchy electronic patterns or percussive noise, the MMO-3 offers rich and complex timbre control.

Unlike most FM synthesizers, the MMO-3 is not limited to a specific modulation routing. All 3 oscillators can be modulated by all oscillators or LFOs. Modulation parameters are accessible thanks to 9 knobs for an accurate and continuous adjustment of the timbre.

Moreover, it’s not only a FM synth : it also offers Phase Modulation, Amplitude Modulation and a custom Wave Shaper modulation technique where an oscillator amplitude can be amplified prior to a wave-shaper in order to add harmonics without frequency variation.

The 3 LFOs can generates very complex waveshapes, thanks to custom modulation algorithms.

A joystick allows for easy manipulation of modulations and for a fast and expressive control of the sound.

It also provides connectivity with your setup (MIDI in, analogue CV and Gate in) and lots more...

What is inside?
30 control knobs
A joystick to control modulation parameters
3 oscillators
FM, AM, PM and Wave Shaping modulation
3 LFOs with complex waveform
1 ADSR
1 MIX (3 channels, stereo)
1 dual VCA
1 dual distortion
A very powerful digital connection matrix to control oscillator modulations
2 octaves keyboard with portamento
1 Stereo audio line IN
1 Stereo audio line OUT
1 MIDI input (note / velocity / pitch wheel / control change)
1 analog CV IN and 1 GATE IN

visit the nozoïd website for more information:
nozoid.com/MMO-3

Cyrille Henry / nozoïd
Nelson Baboon
damn. I wasn't ready for this financially and spatially. I ordered it anyway because, well, the ocs 2 is special, and I have great faith that this will be too.
Unborn Gore
Nelson Baboon wrote:
damn. I wasn't ready for this financially and spatially. I ordered it anyway because, well, the ocs 2 is special, and I have great faith that this will be too.

You are loco. But you are also probably right. This thing looks awesome.
UndercoverBrother
Congratulation for this new one, love my OCS and the MMO sounds really interesting, I am sure they must pair very well. I'll probably won't be able to resist getting one This is fun!
ocs
Nelson Baboon wrote:

sending the serial number 001 is somthing special for me!
congratulation Nelson!
ocs
Unborn Gore wrote:
This thing looks awesome.

;-) thanks!
ocs
UndercoverBrother wrote:
Congratulation for this new one, love my OCS and the MMO sounds really interesting, I am sure they must pair very well. I'll probably won't be able to resist getting one This is fun!

Thanks for your support!
I'm glad that OSC users are also interested in the MMO!
Nelson Baboon
ocs wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

sending the serial number 001 is somthing special for me!
congratulation Nelson!

wow! I can now put it on sale for double the new price. Can you sign it also - that should triple the value.

(joking)
Nelson Baboon
looking for some kind of stand that could hold both this and the ocs 2. I don't have a good sense of how these things will work - maybe something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Support-JSLPT200-Multi-Purpose-Laptop/ dp/B0040N62UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495200487&sr=8-1&keywords=ultima te+support+lpt200 ?

definitely want to have easy visual and tactile access to both in the least amount of horizontal space.....
ocs
Nelson Baboon wrote:
wow! I can now put it on sale for double the new price. Can you sign it also - that should triple the value.

(joking)

if SN 001 would cost more, then I can produce dozen of them!!!

(and they are all signed anyway)
pushthatbutton
if i order can i have the serialnumber 0,5?
twisted
ocs
pushthatbutton wrote:
twisted

:-)
If you order soon, I still have the 005 that I can change to 00,5 !
Nelson Baboon
ocs wrote:
pushthatbutton wrote:
twisted

Arggggh! the value of mine will plummet. I think it's too late (i vaguely recall a shipping notice), but if not, maybe you could change mine to a negative 001?
ocs
Nelson Baboon wrote:
ocs wrote:
pushthatbutton wrote:
twisted

Arggggh! the value of mine will plummet. I think it's too late (i vaguely recall a shipping notice), but if not, maybe you could change mine to a negative 001?

ahahah,
yes, it's to late for you nelson, yours is already far.
but with a pen, you can change 001 to -001!
ocs
Hello Nelson,
According to the tracking information, you should have receive your MMO-3 last week.
Did you had time to test it?
ocs
if you understand French, you can have a look at an article about the MMO-3:
http://starwaxmag.com/test-mmo-3-nozoid/
Nelson Baboon
i just haven't been able to do music for awhile now. Various life issues....

but I finally broke the inertia today, and the first thing that I played with was the mmo-3.

I feel bad that there hasn't been commentary on this instrument, and especially bad because I love the attitude and sound of nozoid stuff (I have commented on the ocs-2), and I like to support people who make these interesting instruments that are meant for experimentation more than making pretty melodies (nothing wrong with the latter, but there are plenty of synths that do that).

I will comment more, and post music once I learn the instrument better. Like the ocs-2 it is easy to use, once you rtfm and figure out how the modulations work, etc. And like the ocs-2 there are lots of possibilities, and so controlling these possibilities for controlled experimentation will take some practice.

My impression thus far - this thing is pretty fucking wild. Sound is strong, and there is so much modulation and cross modulation, that trying to get a handle on what works best will take some time, as I mentioned abov e. That doesn't mean that I didn't have a lot of fun with it - just not ready to post anything yet.

my only real complaint thus far is that I wish that it had more than 1 cv input, and I wish that the lfos had modulation possibilities. But hell, limitations help guide the results, and I think I'll just be just fine with this.

really fine instrument at a fine price, and sorry that I've been silent about it.
ocs
Thanks Nelson for the comments!

I hope you will have more time soon for experimentation.
cbeefheartuk
Call me a bit sad but I absolutely love NB gear thoughts.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1