MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Mother 32 vs Make Noise 0 Coast
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Moog Mother 32 vs Make Noise 0 Coast
noise_not_music
For more Death Industrial styled noise, in the realm of stuff such as Genocide Organ, Gnawed,Puce Mary etc... Which is a better buy between the Moog Mother 32 and the Make Noise 0 Coast? They're both around the same price point so Im looking for answers based more on the actual objects themselves

PS. Ive never owed anything by Moog or Make Noise before so Im not really leaning more towards either yet
pstanig
[quote="noise_not_music"]For more Death Industrial styled noise, in the realm of stuff such as Genocide Organ, Gnawed,Puce Mary etc... Which is a better buy between the Moog Mother 32 and the Make Noise 0 Coast? They're both around the same price point so Im looking for answers based more on the actual objects themselves

PS. Ive never owed anything by Moog or Make Noise before so Im not really leaning more towards either yet[/quote]

Both GO and Puce Mary rely a lot on MS20, so consider that option if you are really after that sound. This said, I have the 0coast and it's a great machine for heavy electronics/death industrial. Not sure abt the mother, but Moog tends to sound less abrasive, I suspect.
noise_not_music
pstanig wrote:
Both GO and Puce Mary rely a lot on MS20, so consider that option if you are really after that sound. This said, I have the 0coast and it's a great machine for heavy electronics/death industrial. Not sure abt the mother, but Moog tends to sound less abrasive, I suspect.
I actually already have an MS20(just recently got some money to spare so I figured Id look into a new synth) so I guess I should also ask which works better along side an MS20 possibly inconjuntjon with an sq1(?) Between the 2
pstanig
[quote="noise_not_music"][quote="pstanig"]Both GO and Puce Mary rely a lot on MS20, so consider that option if you are really after that sound. This said, I have the 0coast and it's a great machine for heavy electronics/death industrial. Not sure abt the mother, but Moog tends to sound less abrasive, I suspect.[/quote] I actually already have an MS20(just recently got some money to spare so I figured Id look into a new synth) so I guess I should also ask which works better along side an MS20 possibly inconjuntjon with an sq1(?) Between the 2[/quote]

Both will face the same issues interfacing with ms20, as the latter is not eurorack compliant...more of a problem for people who make little melodies than for noisemakers, I guess...my take is you won't be disappointed with 0coast, and it's less of a duplicate given you already have an analogue machine with filters etc. so you broaden more the sound palette.
Rmartel700
another vote for the 0-coast, provided you don't especially need the sequencer in the mother 32. In terms of sequencing itself, the mother does have a pretty quick and enjoyable sequencer. But yea if you want harsh textures, 0 coast all the way. Sick, thick fm.
soggybag
Seems it's a lot about style and purpose. The 0-Coast seems the more creative inspired tool while the Moog has more features.
eeling
Quote:
my take is you won't be disappointed with 0coast, and it's less of a duplicate given you already have an analogue machine with filters etc. so you broaden more the sound palette.

Second the above razz you probably wouldn't be disappointed with either but 0coast but may make for more unpredictability / surprises. Also it's portability is not to be overlooked when it comes to playing shows etc.
keyofsalvador
There's some serious grit to be found in the M32 IF you can incorporate some bit crushing or other fuzz to the signal, plus some suboctave action. Without additional modules or effects, it's got a rather nice, classic tone. I guess the same could be said about a lot of synths out there, but given the right dirt, that Moog filter can get really mean, but in a very pleasing way.
calaveras
the 0coast is more of a self patching monster. You can patch the envelope to cycle with the EOR. There is a baby Wogglebug type thing, for randomness injection. And the harmonics section make the triangle core osc more interesting.

OTOH the Moog is more solidly built, and has a self oscillating filter.
Either one is pretty good, but would be better with teh addition of a few modules, or another patchable synth like a Doepfer Dark Energy.
tross
Really depends on a style of music you are in. If you go for Industrial/Techno/Experimental, Make noise would be your best friend.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1