MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New modes for the E352 Cloud Terrarium
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author New modes for the E352 Cloud Terrarium
JC14
Does the E352 come with a memory card? Just wondering since mine didn't...
loorenz
JC14 wrote:

No micro SD card included with my E352 too.
mdoudoroff
JC14 wrote:

Nope. Nor does it need one to operate.
tau_seti
I've got the new firmware loaded and am trying to figure out how detune mode works.

I have read the manual, but still have questions.

When I go to the visual displays, I see CTS in the legend under the graphics. What are CTS?

What is the difference between x and y Parma in this mode?
mgscheue
CTS is the amount of detune, in cents. Notice how it changes continuously when you vary the x parameter in smooth mode but jumps in steps of 100 in 12-tone mode. An equal-tempered semitone is 100 cents.

X controls the amount of detune, Y the wavetable that is fixed in pitch, and Z the wavetable that's detuned relative to Y.
mdoudoroff
paults wrote:
Quote:
paults, I think it would be nice to have those detune tables available in the pitch section of the E370 some day. Handy.

Maybe not exactly, but.....[cough]

From Facebook, yesterday:

paul: “We are 'helping' make it easier by placing standard detuning intervals into the default Chord Table.”

eric: “And allowing the X/Y inputs to drive FM so you can dial in a detune from the panel pots.”

paul: “Chord Mode + new FM Offset mapping. Will have code week after Thanksgiving”

nanners
tau_seti
mgscheue wrote:
CTS is the amount of detune, in cents. Notice how it changes continuously when you vary the x parameter in smooth mode but jumps in steps of 100 in 12-tone mode. An equal-tempered semitone is 100 cents.

X controls the amount of detune, Y the wavetable that is fixed in pitch, and Z the wavetable that's detuned relative to Y.

Thanks, that really helps.
dp
The main melodic line is e352 being fed two different sequences from Voltage Block

zerodivide
dp wrote:
The main melodic line is e352 being fed two different sequences from Voltage Block

your rack looks so similar to mine! albeit double the size heh. nice stuff. But wait how are you feeding 2 melodies to e352? Im not following
Eurtrude
zerodivide wrote:
dp wrote:

your rack looks so similar to mine! albeit double the size heh. nice stuff. But wait how are you feeding 2 melodies to e352? Im not following

I guess he is sending one melody to normal pitch CV and an other one to the X input in detune mode, so you can sequence the offset of osc 2 smile
dp
Yeah exactly one into v/octave other into x think the detune was in harmonic setting.
brandonlogic
I sent this to paul but thought i'd post here too.
How about adding a looping on/off option to the other current modes? Or at least morph? The sample player can be fun, but to use as a one shot envelop, it can be very hard to dial what you need. I’d like to simply be able to use waveforms from a wavetables bank as one shots. For example, these waveforms would make great envelopes, to dial them in just right in sample mode is a real pain, plus the cv position not very useful when using it this way. if you could simply turn looping mode off in morph mode, it would be a much better way, plus add the ability to smoothy morph the envelope!

would be grate for wavetables especially designed for envelope use!

denuir
Figured it out after additional searching. Thanks
zerodivide
Haven't gotten a chance to load the new firmware (need to buy an SD card heh) so I haven't really looked into the detune thing yet. I just assumed detuning was changing the cents of Osc 1 vs Osc 2. you can actually change semitones?
mgscheue
Yep! The options are smooth (continuously variable), fourths fifths and octaves, 12-tone (semitones), and harmonic series. There’s also uni-phase, which unison—no detuning, but phase shifting, instead.
Jumbuktu
dp wrote:

Love the polyrhythms on this. Rather TDreamesque!
lionelfischer
brandonlogic wrote:
I sent this to paul but thought i'd post here too.
How about adding a looping on/off option to the other current modes? Or at least morph? The sample player can be fun, but to use as a one shot envelop, it can be very hard to dial what you need. I’d like to simply be able to use waveforms from a wavetables bank as one shots. For example, these waveforms would make great envelopes, to dial them in just right in sample mode is a real pain, plus the cv position not very useful when using it this way. if you could simply turn looping mode off in morph mode, it would be a much better way, plus add the ability to smoothy morph the envelope!

would be grate for wavetables especially designed for envelope use!

this sounds like a good idea b
zerodivide
curious what envelopes and VCAs you guys are feeding your e352s into. I've been using the 0-coast's Countour to shape the e352 into plucky sounds in dual OP FM mode but I feel I need a dedicated envelope generator now for it
catchin
zerodivide wrote:
curious what envelopes and VCAs you guys are feeding your e352s into. I've been using the 0-coast's Countour to shape the e352 into plucky sounds in dual OP FM mode but I feel I need a dedicated envelope generator now for it

The Rossum Electro Control Forge was installed alongside my E-352. It's an amazing way to manipulate all the sound dimensions in the Cloud Terrarium. I owned a E-340 before this, and honestly the E-352 is exactly what SynthTech was missing. They've nailed it as far as an osc is concerned.
Pighood
Just pulled the trigger on a 352 from Detroit Modular (h/t to Trent).

Do the ones being assembled/shipped at this point come with 1.3?
Dragonaut
You could call him back and ask him. They might even update it for you if it isn’t already.
Pighood
I mean I pre-ordered a unit that has yet to be shipped to DM.
Mndscrpt
zerodivide wrote:
curious what envelopes and VCAs you guys are feeding your e352s into.

I recieved my optomix yesterday, both outs run into it. Sounds super organic and strong! The vca of my Borg 2 wasn't that pleasing. Classic ADDAC 802 also sound solid, not so plucky but great for longer basslines and such. Guinness ftw!
As env i used maths so far and malekko quad Envelope. It will be replaced with zadar, really excited for this combination!
paults
Quote:
I mean I pre-ordered a unit that has yet to be shipped to DM.

Yes, it will have V1.3 installed.

I will be shipping to Detroit Modular their E352s around Tuesday of next week. So, depending on THE AMAZON CLOG EFFECT, it may arrive to you a few days after Christmas.
Pighood
Wheeeeee wavedoggieeeeeez fap fap fap...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 22 of 24