MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New modes for the E352 Cloud Terrarium
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author New modes for the E352 Cloud Terrarium
Pighood
Just curious...has anyone used the 2nd output to feed back into sync, 1v/oct or such to make the thing oink like I can do with my E-350?
zerodivide
Pighood wrote:
Just curious...has anyone used the 2nd output to feed back into sync, 1v/oct or such to make the thing oink like I can do with my E-350?

never thought to do this, will try it now thanks!
organon
Is there any recommendation for alternative (i.e. smaller) knobs? I love the module but the X Parameter sitting right next to the coarse tune is kind of ruining the playability. I don't think these are the standard Alpha pots with 6mm shafts.
paults
a) the pots are BI P260 series. About as far removed from $0.45 Alphas as possible.

b) they are 1/4" (6.3mm) diameter. I'm sure there are many alternatives. You will need a 1/6in Allen/hex key to remove.
starthief
The Davies 1900h clones from Thonk worked well enough for me on the E352. Narrow enough to give an extra little bit of room for comfort, and they don't look bad.

(photo is from October 2017)
Keltie
Pighood wrote:

Yes. It does indeed oink, like a lil pig in cute red boots.

I typically use the sine harmonics wavetable into FM, which is pretty straightforward, other times get audio rate scanning of out 1s wave, cloud params etc etc.

Gets kinda noisy quite quick, good for perc sounds. Not so much straight synth voices for me, but if you like harsh noise, maybe...
brandonlogic
ambient drone voice throughout this track is e352 in detune mode through magneto.
[s]http://soundcloud.com/brandon-logic/modular-sketchbook-12-19-18[/s]
Pighood
Mine arrived today....loading it up with 3rd party tables fap fap fap...

Question for paults: once you've loaded a bank into one of the User spots, do you have to keep the uSD card in the module, or can it be removed?
mgscheue
You can remove it.
Pighood
mgscheue wrote:
You can remove it.

So the 352 has sufficient on-board memory to hold 8 banks at a time?

There are 127 banks in that patch sharing repository....it would be nice to see the name of the actual file rather than A-H.
mdoudoroff
Pighood wrote:
mgscheue wrote:
You can remove it.

So the 352 has sufficient on-board memory to hold 8 banks at a time?

There are 127 banks in that patch sharing repository....it would be nice to see the name of the actual file rather than A-H.

Yes!
Pighood
Perhaps in the next firmware upgrade, this can be increased.....

*makes paults sammich of his choosing*
organon
@paults @startthief
Thanks for the suggestions about the knobs! The Davies really don't look too bad on it.
Also the potentiometers that are used here are an impressing investment in quality and longevity that a lot of manufacturers wouldn't be willing to make. That's pretty cool.
dhoinjo
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but would it be somehow possible to have the E352 produce a square wave that goes up to 32kHz?
I am looking at buying a Z3000 to clock the processor of my ZDSP because I need an oscillator with a square wave that goes up to 32kHz to take the clock back to the original speed.
If I can do that with the E352, I don't need to buy the Z3000.
starthief
dhoinjo wrote:
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but would it be somehow possible to have the E352 produce a square wave that goes up to 32kHz?

Sure. Create a custom wavetable that has 4 cycles in a single table entry, and play it at 8kHz. Sines would probably do okay for a clock, so you could create that by raising a single slider in WaveEdit.

(Disclaimer: I don't recall the max sample rate and haven't actually tried this...)
dhoinjo
starthief wrote:

(Disclaimer: I don't recall the max sample rate and haven't actually tried this...)

Not too familiar with technical stuff like this and I lack the tools to measure this properly. My spectrum analyser goes only to 15kHz. Basically I don't really know what I'm doing.
starthief
Yeah, most tools like that will only cover the audible spectrum.

I'd say, go ahead and try the trick, and if it works it works smile
dhoinjo
starthief wrote:

I'd say, go ahead and try the trick, and if it works it works smile

my idea exactly thumbs up
shanebroderick
I just want to give a shout out to Paul / Synthesis Technology for having the best customer support that I have ever experienced.
jfprimeau
Anyone has sound examples of the new fixed detuning tables feature from the latest firmware? I'm curious as to how the 3rds/4ths/5ths/octaves/etc sound like, and what kind of sequenced "chord progressions" are possible.
brandonlogic
jfprimeau wrote:
Anyone has sound examples of the new fixed detuning tables feature from the latest firmware? I'm curious as to how the 3rds/4ths/5ths/octaves/etc sound like, and what kind of sequenced "chord progressions" are possible.

Did u see the demo I posted a few pages back?

Here:

brandonlogic wrote:
Two different sequences. One going into the v/oct, the other in the detune. Resulting in a transposition. really nice, very musically useful feature. going through the different internal detune quantization modes here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jLE1VUEbyaK5kM9QtE_Uk6AHWGsfm8TJ
jfprimeau
brandonlogic wrote:
jfprimeau wrote:

Did u see the demo I posted a few pages back?

Here:

brandonlogic wrote:
Two different sequences. One going into the v/oct, the other in the detune. Resulting in a transposition. really nice, very musically useful feature. going through the different internal detune quantization modes here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jLE1VUEbyaK5kM9QtE_Uk6AHWGsfm8TJ

I hadnt. Sounds great, very convincing example! Thanks!
Szczepan
Hi there!
Could you please tell whats the lowest frequency which you can get from E352 Cloud Terrarium?
It's about sub bass frequencies
I can't find it anywhere.
I'm wondering whats the differnece between analogue VCO's sub base parts and this wavestables except warmth?!
Thx!
starthief
Szczepan wrote:
Hi there!
Could you please tell whats the lowest frequency which you can get from E352 Cloud Terrarium?
It's about sub bass frequencies
I can't find it anywhere.!

It goes down to very slow LFO rates, and unless I'm remembering wrong it can even stop completely. I do have a screenshot where it's at 79.2 seconds per cycle (0.0126 Hz) lol

Szczepan wrote:
I'm wondering whats the differnece between analogue VCO's sub base parts and this wavestables except warmth?!
Thx!

Oh boy. Dead Banana
dooj88
Szczepan wrote:
Thx!

cmon man, that's what all these cats are for
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 23 of 24