MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New modes for the E352 Cloud Terrarium
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 [all]
Author New modes for the E352 Cloud Terrarium
brandonlogic
Thanks to whoever uploaded the plaits wavetables to wave edit.
Any way we could get braids WMAP tables on there?
Eurtrude
Hello there,

I have a feature request for the E352, but I don't know if this is doable...

Could it be possible to make an option to address the FM input to only one oscillator ? It could be done by adding a line in the Frequency-Quantize menu, where you could choose the FM destination : both, osc1 or osc 2.

With this option, we could use osc2 output in Dual Detune mod to modulate the osc 1 only via the FM input, while using those detune scales to pitch osc2 relatively to osc1.
Also would permit to do FM on osc1 while having osc2 making a non-fm'ed sub in this same mode, etc.

That could be so awesome smile (at least for me...)
geremyf
I think you'd need an e370 for that.
skreetis
I’ve never really played around with my E352’s lfo mode until now, and it’s not behaving how I would expect it to at all. The range is set to low, yet the slowest it will go is just slightly under audio rate with the course, fine, and FM knobs at 0. The frequency page will say that the cycle is several seconds (or minutes) long, but the output is definitely not that slow. It works fine otherwise, as far as I can tell, so I assume there’s some form of user error. Am I missing something?
Pighood
I NEVER use the 352 as an LFO...since I retained the services of my E-350, it takes on those duties superbly.
emeb
skreetis wrote:
I’ve never really played around with my E352’s lfo mode until now, and it’s not behaving how I would expect it to at all. The range is set to low, yet the slowest it will go is just slightly under audio rate with the course, fine, and FM knobs at 0. The frequency page will say that the cycle is several seconds (or minutes) long, but the output is definitely not that slow. It works fine otherwise, as far as I can tell, so I assume there’s some form of user error. Am I missing something?

The frequency page is driven directly from what the internal oscillator is running. If you see faster oscillation that what's indicated on the frequency page then the first thing I'd suspect is that the waveform you're using is more complex than a basic sine/tri/saw/square and you're seeing the additional wiggles due to that.

Please try low range with the simplest possible waveforms and see if that helps.
skreetis
emeb wrote:
The frequency page is driven directly from what the internal oscillator is running. If you see faster oscillation that what's indicated on the frequency page then the first thing I'd suspect is that the waveform you're using is more complex than a basic sine/tri/saw/square and you're seeing the additional wiggles due to that.

Please try low range with the simplest possible waveforms and see if that helps.

Thanks for your suggestion. I gave it a try with a sine and it was still what I would consider to be middle-high speed. But, on a hunch, I checked out the FM setting on the frequency quantize page, and it was set to LIN H. I set it to EXPO and it is much slower now, in the range one would expect an LFO to go to. Kind of strange behavior, considering nothing was plugged into the FM jack, but hey, at least it works now!
starthief
Are you on the latest firmware? Did you try the FM quantization option? There's a small amount of inherent DC offset in the FM input, but the firmware can compensate for it pretty well.

Also Lin H is pretty extreme I find, and Lin M offers a nice wide usable range for most purposes.
emeb
OK - having FM set to Lin H will definitely cause the problem you mentioned. We created Lin H mode for crazy-wild modulation and as Starthief said it's got a pretty serious offset which will cause a large skew of the period in LFO mode. Lin M and Lin L or Expo modes are a better choice for accurate low frequency operation.
dooj88
Pighood wrote:
I NEVER use the 352 as an LFO...since I retained the services of my E-350, it takes on those duties superbly.

feel scummy shilling my own videos, but LFO in cloud mode with the chaos parameters can give some pretty cool shit

Pighood
Just for feces and guffaws bung a Maths into the mix hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 [all]
Page 24 of 24