MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New modes for the E352 Cloud Terrarium
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author New modes for the E352 Cloud Terrarium
paults
New E352 modes: variable distortion when morphing (via wavefolder), can apply any wavetable to a 2-OP FM voice (not a fixed sine as in E330) and a funky noise generator with a 4-pole Moog ladder filter. Can also add a phase shift when morphing, with variable Glitch energy (lo/med/hi).

Do not know now if these, in what form, can be on the E370 (if at all). Depends on available BW of the DSP.

waveglider
Noise for sure.
uebl
Love it! nanners
taichber
Super cool!!!! thumbs up we're not worthy

When does it ship? hihi
paults
Quote:
When does it ship?

If things go as planned, mid-August.

Depends on the beta testing/bug fixing. I'll have beta units (sorry, testers all assigned) in 2 weeks. There is a 4 week beta test schedule, then production of HW begins (panels ordered, etc).

In ~ 3 weeks, you will be able to pre-order the black panel version from my website ($469 in US/$499 foreign) which includes shipping.
taichber
paults wrote:
Quote:
When does it ship?

In ~ 3 weeks, you will be able to pre-order the black panel version from my website ($469 in US/$499 foreign) which includes shipping.

Good news! Is this a direct sales channel only?
I'm in for one but would prefere the silver panel. Looks nicer beside my serge and Grayscale panels..
Any plans for the silver version?
paults
The silver is the "standard dealer channel" model. You can order one in July from your favorite dealer. They stock silver *only*.
CF3
paults wrote:
Quote:
When does it ship?

If things go as planned, mid-August.

cry hihi

pumped for this one This is fun!
Pighood
fap fap fap...
taichber
paults wrote:
The silver is the "standard dealer channel" model. You can order one in July from your favorite dealer. They stock silver *only*.

Cool thanks
listentoaheartbeat
Morphing modulator, sine carrier would be cool, with the second output carrying the modulator like on the e330. Or is it the other way round?
Brian Odey 1
Paults,

Make your mind up and be decisive about the E370, and stop upping/downing anticipation: "Maybe we'll put it in, maybe we wont, maybe we have enough processing power, maybe we don't". Either it's in or it isn't, then go and make it.
ImNotDedYet
Brian Odey 1 wrote:
Paults,

Make your mind up and be decisive about the E370, and stop upping/downing anticipation: "Maybe we'll put it in, maybe we wont, maybe we have enough processing power, maybe we don't". Either it's in or it isn't, then go and make it.

You sure seem to want to give him grief every opportunity you can. Wonder why that is?
paults
It's OK. He not an EE with 39 years of product development experience. Especially understanding of DSP algorithms.
Pighood
I'VE FALLEN OFF MY CARE-CHAIR, BRIAN eek!
VZvision
Brian Odey 1 wrote:
Paults,

You've gotta chill the fuck out dude. Every one of your posts on Muffs (ever) is either attacking the feature set of this thing or belittling the build process/design vs. E370 and how that relates to the feature set.

And also let me get this straight...you would like Paults, the brain-child of the module in question, to stop adding any more features and refinements to make it better...instead you would like him to stop adding additional value to it for its users and etch its capabilities in stone even if its possible he could make it do more and make it better for us wigglers?

Here's an idea. Go out and buy a 200MHz 32-bit ARM DSP chip, start the process of designing a module around it, and come back when you're done with some definitive answers of what your module can and cannot do. Not what you THINK it could do or not do. Every single way it will function given the topography you designed.

Oh and along the way perhaps contribute to this vast community on Muffs by telling us all something other than pissing and moaning about a feature set comparison between two modules that are not even out yet.

This forum is massive. Do you have anything else to contribute anywhere else (i.e. Perhaps post in a thread NOT about this module and post about something you actually like)? Is "to shit on this module" the only reason you signed up on Muffs? Do you have any sort of constructive experiences you would like to share about Eurorack in general or about any other module?

Paults: Looking awesome and stoked to Vader the fuck out of the 26HP gap in my system with some Clouding Terrariums, Whatever the feature set turns out to be.
paults
There are 2 schools of thinking at work here (at the 50,000ft level):

a) the 'until it's ready' school. Don't hint or mention a product until it's built, on the dealer shelves, the web page is up and ready to go!

b) the 'pre-announce' school (in my case): when you have HW that works at least 90-95%, you have SW that is at least 75%, then announce. Show render, talk about features, solicit input.

Apple is pretty famous for (a) and I'm famous for (b).

The reason I prefer (b) is this simple fact: I'M NOT BUYING ANY, YOU ARE.

Unlike Mr. Jobs, I don't think I'm God's gift to the world, and use phrases like "walled garden" or "ecosystem".

Rather, I prefer to say: this is thing a POS or what??!? And sometimes it is and sometimes it is not. Sometimes I don't change 1 tiny thing, and sometimes I reboot.

There are MANY (the majority in my world-view) people that simply cannot take criticism. The have a 'vision', and they want people to "buy in to the vision" and "execute the plan". Pffftttt.....I want to build things people want. Not what I THINK they want.
jschussler
Quote:
There are MANY (the majority in my world-view) people that simply cannot take criticism. The have a 'vision', and they want people to "buy in to the vision" and "execute the plan". Pffftttt.....I want to build things people want. Not what I THINK they want.

I applaud your responsiveness to input, and don't want to discourage it at all. That said, I feel compelled to quote Henry Ford:

"If I'd asked my customers what they wanted they'd have said a faster horse."

The best path (in most cases) is probably somewhere in between...
Paranormal Patroler
jschussler wrote:
The best path (in most cases) is probably somewhere in between...

I think Paul has already made a case for the middle path:

paults wrote:
when you have HW that works at least 90-95%, you have SW that is at least 75%, then announce. Show render, talk about features, solicit input.

At 75% of the software you pretty much know where the module is going and allow for changes so that your user base enjoys it even more. Everybody wins. Apart from one occasion I've never seen any Synthtech module be delayed (or become vaporware) and every single time they more than delivered. So yeah, I think this one is going to be amazing once again.
Funky40
paults wrote:
Pffftttt.....I want to build things people want. Not what I THINK they want.

Great thinking ! much appreciate your communication.

just your ususal "precise" date estimations ? ....... lol wink
johnbaptistephilouza
as long as the unit provides the same glitch/phase options as the e350 expander, I'll be picking one up asap
paults
E352 update

We changed the Noise, so the each of the 2 outputs has independent noise types (with a common 'pitch' set by Coarse/Fine/FM/1V/O) and added a 4-pole Moog ladder VCF. There are 4 noise types: white, pink, clocked and 'crackle' (like vinyl records).

The noise is set into 2 groups: filtered, then repeated un-filtered.

I'll have audio demos in a few weeks, still debugging stuff. Today is just first time we powered it up. Not bad for 6hrs of debugging to get menu up, audio up and we can field-upgrade via uSD card.

Pighood
fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap...
orangehexagon
Brian Odey 1 wrote:
Paults,

you are obsessed with paul OMG !
paults
Well, I'm glad SOMEBODY is lol

Perhaps the person in question has never managed a project of this magnitude: 30,000 lines of C code, multiple, parallel HW developments and responding to beta testers who find things we never saw and suggest new ways of doing things that require extensive re-writes of device drivers so that we can stay within the 96KHz sample rate.

Lately we are trading off DSP speed with power, we want to keep the +12V current draw < 75ma and right now running ~170MHz and we can get all the calculations done and maintain a 20Hz screen refresh ISR (Interrupt Service Routine).

This is not a little VCA or mixer built from random Google schematics Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13