MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

HELP - 5U Module Repair?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author HELP - 5U Module Repair?
essex sound lab
Does anybody out there do repair work on 5U modules? I received two in damaged condition and don't have the DIY chops to do the work on such rare modules.

Basically a number of pots broke and three are PCB-mounted which is beyond my comfort level to deal with.

Any pointers to a repair resource would be highly appreciated.
bwhittington
Sorry to hear about your problem, Gordon! I'm thinking that "5U" probably isn't an important part of the puzzle. It seems like a reasonably competent local technician should be able to do the repair as well as anyone else. You would have a lot easier time finding a general music or sound reinforcement type technician that could do the work for you without the expense of sending it back and forth somewhere. I guess they wouldn't have the ability to test their work once they were done, but it sounds like a simple fix.

Hopefully the seller will be taking care of the repairs?

Cheers,
Brian
essex sound lab
bwhittington wrote:
You would have a lot easier time finding a general music or sound reinforcement type technician that could do the work for you without the expense of sending it back and forth somewhere. I guess they wouldn't have the ability to test their work once they were done, but it sounds like a simple fix.


That was my thought too, but I'd be more comfortable with somebody that could plug it into a rig and test it after. There may be more damage than what I was able to spot visually.

Quote:
Hopefully the seller will be taking care of the repairs?


Don't know yet. Just emailed him.

BTW, your new avatar is quite a change of pace. 8_)
sduck
Todd Fletcher is the guy you want. PM me for his email
suitandtieguy
What are they? I might be able to help you.
essex sound lab
Thanks Suit. Will contact you off-list.
essex sound lab
Thanks guys...I have a few feelers out based upon this thread and PMs that I've received.

I'm blown away by the response of the community to a Wiggler down!
doctorvague
essex sound lab wrote:
Thanks guys...I have a few feelers out based upon this thread and PMs that I've received.

I'm blown away by the response of the community to a Wiggler down!


Good to hear!
Glad you're getting some help.
dslocum
I might be able to help if you run out of options. I'm in NJ.

BTW - Whatever happened to Ron Rivera?

essex sound lab wrote:
Does anybody out there do repair work on 5U modules? I received two in damaged condition and don't have the DIY chops to do the work on such rare modules.

Basically a number of pots broke and three are PCB-mounted which is beyond my comfort level to deal with.

Any pointers to a repair resource would be highly appreciated.
schmidtc
There's a small but good SDIY group that meets every other week at a non-profit here in Boston.

http://synthnight.tumblr.com

I'll be building some 5U stuff there this summer and am happy to help in repairs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group