MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The first electronic studio's Obscure Pics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author The first electronic studio's Obscure Pics
Wray
delete
JohnLRice
eyes...
Jaaky
eyes...
Nice !!!
Hanz
Experimental control room at Wormwood Studios, mid 80's.
Sadly, the studio complex never quite recovered after Jean-Michel Odysseas famously spilled his drink all over the console...

Wray
delete
Hanz
Only little remains of German Reichsübliches Institut für Energetische Musik-Elektronik Gestättungsförderliche Auskünfte (RIEMEGA), built in the early 30's.
Supposedly, while working there, Karlheinz Schneider and Parsifal Huetter-Auslese were literally years ahead of their time, their research into magnetic resonance theory resulting in complex polyrhytmic structures, literally shaking their studio's foundations.
Some of their most essential work remains included on Los Alamos Records' compendium "Chicago Pile-1".

Wray
delete
Wray
delete
Hanz
Wray wrote:
Was that where Niki Tinguely did her famous Hommage to New Amsterdam?

Not sure if you're entirely serious?
Niki Tinguely was clearly considered an outcast in the early Elektronische Szene, because of distinct lack of state funding.
It is still a little known fact that her wire recording 'Hommage to New Amsterdam', made while exiled to Kerguelen Island, was created only by thru-zero processing of Minke whale mating calls.

Picture showing Niki Tinguely some time after completing her famous gender-change treatments.

Wray
delete
Hanz
Wray wrote:
Reminds me of that feedback concert I saw and the audio engineer behind the mixing desk tried heavily to remove all feedback. End result was total silence. The guy on stage was so. frustrated.

Yeah, I heard it took the best part of four minutes before they finally figured it out...
Wray
delete
Wray
delete
Hanz
Wray wrote:
Jim (jimmy) Cage stole that silence bit and used it shamelesly in his 'so called' famous 4'34. And the extra 34 minutes weren't even real silence. Just fake silence. Like whistling in your ear.

Man, that Jimmy Cage, what a hack.
I remember -during my days at Oscillator Center- when he would come in and noodle "Stairway to Analog Heaven" all day long on the ARP-2500... drove us all up the walls.

Wray
delete
Hanz
Yup, found another old photo, here I am trying on one of these guitar thingies.
As you can see, it really wasn't for me...

[/img][/list]
nikmis
Here is a picture of Edgar Huffenstuff showcasing his early synthesizer, the beeponium.

Wray
delete
Hanz
Early opto-mechanical oscillator (prototype) by Marcel Proust - only slightly before the invention of alternating current / direct current conversion by A. Young.

Similar to the earlier pictured Krautonium, this device aimed to distribute music through glassfiber connections directly to the home. Ultimately, this proved unsuccessful due to lacking glassfiber production capacity during the early 1890's.

Wray
delete
sduck
Quite a lot of these pictures are fakes. You can tell because the people aren't wearing lab coats. Before about 1973 literally everyone in the electronic music world wore lab coats. A lot of us still do.
Wray
delete
Dave Peck
These lesser known early bavarian experimental electronic musicians pioneered the use of electronics to process acoustic instruments. One of the musicians is shown playing an early composition for Violin and Va De Graaff Generator. These experiments were eventually discontinued as they were extremely dangerous to the performer as well as the audience.

Dcramer
sduck wrote:
Quite a lot of these pictures are fakes. You can tell because the people aren't wearing lab coats. Before about 1973 literally everyone in the electronic music world wore lab coats. A lot of us still do.

Yes quite, I still recall those heady days of yesteryear at the academy, buried in my work, studying for the "Klangenfinksteigel" a gruelling 10 hour examination in which the student was tasked with producing a realistic fart sound armed with no more than a few transformers, a broken lightbulb, and some bits of wire. The adjudicators sneering and jeering from the podium, all while comparing the challengers efforts to their own naturally produced fartage'.

Finally challenging and passing this test, and being awarded my commission in the academy, complete with the presentation of my own freshly stained lab coat, was the highlight of my formidable, schooling years.

Sigh... to be young again... waah
MindMachine
Why Euro?

I just went nuclear over this one.
Wray wrote:
Delia Ciani

But why the yellow... why the grey form at the bottom. Why?... WHY?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4